It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Please make respec free and ever more, or at least make a resource that can be grinded.
It's fun to try out different builds in the game!
Isn't it? I thought this was what the I Need Training option was from the guy you use to donate cargo.

If it isn't an option it should be because so many skills are just broken or not working properly.

Like the latest patch.
Elkor_Alish: Isn't it? I thought this was what the I Need Training option was from the guy you use to donate cargo.

If it isn't an option it should be because so many skills are just broken or not working properly.

Like the latest patch.
You get 3 free respec after that it starts to cost Profit factor, which is very valuable in this game.

I'm using Toybox to do respec, fug da police!
Totally against free respec (yeah, Larian... talking to You too)

In rpg it's a kind of free/legit cheat mode, especially on those coming from pen and paper. You have to make choices and live with them.
You'd like to see different story outcomes? play another run and make different choices
Ricky_Orso: Totally against free respec (yeah, Larian... talking to You too)

In rpg it's a kind of free/legit cheat mode, especially on those coming from pen and paper. You have to make choices and live with them.
You'd like to see different story outcomes? play another run and make different choices
Yeah, i don't get your issue here. It's not a pvp multiplayer game, why are free respecs in a video game a bad thing?
Imho, as I said before, I find them a sort of free/legit way of cheating the game.

Now I build my PC to be a charismatic one but, going on with the game, I find a companion that is way more attractive than my PC and I find my group short of a "brawler guy". Given that, instead of "paying the consequences" of my choices (char's, skills, talents, etc...), I respec my PC to be the fittest of all.
In this way, I may have passed some important checks before in the game 'cause I was a charming PC and, from now on, I can freely walk and bonecrush everything I find on my way.

I simply find it absolutely not fair.

RPGs (both on pc and papers) are nice because you have to make choices and live with them.
You have to decide which ones and then play that role.
Ricky_Orso: Imho, as I said before, I find them a sort of free/legit way of cheating the game.

Now I build my PC to be a charismatic one but, going on with the game, I find a companion that is way more attractive than my PC and I find my group short of a "brawler guy". Given that, instead of "paying the consequences" of my choices (char's, skills, talents, etc...), I respec my PC to be the fittest of all.
In this way, I may have passed some important checks before in the game 'cause I was a charming PC and, from now on, I can freely walk and bonecrush everything I find on my way.

RPGs (both on pc and papers) are nice because you have to make choices and live with them.
What you wrote is nonsensical in this context. It's a single player game with an OPTION of respeccing. It's not a requirement, i certainly never used this, neither have i used it in BG3.

Don't want to use this system? Then avoid it. Because every time i see an opinion like yours, it comes purely from a contrarian point of view.
Ricky_Orso: Imho, as I said before, I find them a sort of free/legit way of cheating the game.

Knightspace: What you wrote is nonsensical in this context. It's a single player game with an OPTION of respeccing. It's not a requirement, i certainly never used this, neither have i used it in BG3.

Don't want to use this system? Then avoid it. Because every time i see an opinion like yours, it comes purely from a contrarian point of view.
Sure, being the title of the thread "free respec" I felt free to give my 2 cents. Not intended to convince anyone.
As You said, the option is there and everyone is free to use it or ignore it.
And, as You did, I did, do and will do ignore it.

Simply I was stating that, in my opinion again, free respec is a way to legit/allow some sort of cheating the game (not in the IDDQD or IDKFA way), and "crying out" against, or simply asking, the Game Dev a change of the game because they decided to put a limit to an option (making costly to use it), is not fair.
Not to say that who's asking for that change is (ab)using it through a mod/cheat.
Instead, I find that a new run, with a new PC and different choices would be much more funny (and, maybe, the Devs would like that way, instead of being driven by the community rants and make changes to applease it).

I repeat: I think that RPGs are meant to (should) be played in a straightforward way (choice, action, consequence) and these are my thoughts.
Just that.
Do You think something else? That's good.

Happy Holidays :)
Ricky_Orso: Totally against free respec (yeah, Larian... talking to You too)

I WOULD agree, except this game has the worst UI when it comes to upgrades I have ever seen, with so many skills all crammed under one heading, with all the actually useful ones often right down the bottom, but only generic "archetype" things marked as recommended.

Seriously why the hell wouldn't an upgrade of Psyker level for a Psyker be a no-brainer recommended? But no for some reason it's not.

So even veteran RPG players who are used to old-school RPGs and having to read lots of stuff, can quite easily create some retarded builds... Took me until almost level 15 or so before I realised that the psyker skills/levels are upgraded from the exact same massive list as the "archetypes", until then was wondering when my psykers were going to get some additional powers or psyker levels... Really shocking UI for leveling in this game, and the fact that levels are gained so stupidly fast just makes it even more tedious.

So tl;dr: for once I'm glad that a few free respecs are provided, so it's possible to fix some dodgy mistakes without having to restart due to awful UI.

That said I support the limit on the "free" respecs - provided this is per character and not overall - since realistically one shouldn't need more than one per character, unless playing it levels beyond the recommended in which case one should already know what they're doing.
Post edited December 30, 2023 by squid830