It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I've been emailing with GoG trying to get a refund for this title which they are not honouring their "30 day money back guarantee" for.

They are aware there is a problem and probably have been for some time.

They have said it is my mistake because Win 10 is not listed on the system specifications (despite Epic 40K an earlier SSI title working fine without saying win 10 in the system spec).

They have said they have no idea if it can be fixed for Win 10 or a date for this to happen.

I have asked them to add not compatible to the store front to prevent other people making the same mistake I did, unfortunately despite that being a very easy fix and hopefully prevent disappointment they don't seem to want to do that.

Just a heads up, very disappointed with GoG right now, even Steam and Origin do better than this.
That is bad news wish I had completed the game before updated to Windows 10.

Frustratingly the mission editor opens just fine.

Sad times.
Post edited August 13, 2015 by Generic_Goon
So I just went back to win 8.1. There's actually an option for that, it's explained here:
http://www.thewindowsclub.com/rollback-from-windows-10

The whole process took about 10-15 minutes and everything worked fine afterwards. And I still have the option of an upgrade to windows 10.

edit:
This is only possible for 30 days after upgrading though.
Post edited August 14, 2015 by Sturmrabe
Same problem. Meh.
Got exacly the same issue. Fix this GoG, plz.
Same issue here. Pity, just got the game, played a couple of missions, now no dice.
By chance I renamed the Chaos Gate executable file name (WH40k.exe) to WH40.exe (I also tried with different names like Chaos.exe and so on)

After the name change, the graphics were correctly displayed ! But... I get a lot of stuttering.
Post edited August 19, 2015 by drk84x
Confirmed renaming the exe to WH40.exe enables the game to run for me, it does stutter although I think forcing it to run 640x480 and the other compatibility settings improved it a little.

Started up a campaign to see if it runs in game.

Yep it crashed on standard compatibility settings when entering a mission. might have been coincidence but set to 98/Me and it works.
Post edited August 19, 2015 by LMN118
Does this mean it might be the same "bug" that had some of us change the install library?
I don't know about that library installation bug, can you explain ?
drk84x: I don't know about that library installation bug, can you explain ?
http://www.gog.com/forum/general/solution_bcrash_to_desktopb_in_warhammer_40000_chaos_gate_b1924
Having the same issue, small triplets of the screen repeated in black and white.
So frustrating, I'm in the same boat. Game was fine when I bought it (Win 8.1) and now I can't play. Renaming the exe at least got it to load but the freezing is so bad it's not playable. Can barely navigate the menu.

I've tried a few tricks via the Catalyst control panel and rivatuner/radeon pro to see if vsync or anything could help but it seems to have no inpact... guess it's totally directdraw based and these tools can't influence it.
Hey

That is how i get Chaos Gate GOG edition playable on Windows 10.

1) Rename wh40k.exe tin game folder to wh40.exe - this will make Chaos Gate working at all (instead of black window with 4 small screens), but game will be lagging a lot, so at that moment it will be unable to play.

Note, that when you change wh40k.exe name, you will be unable to change any option settings in game. If you want to do that, you need to change name to wh40k.exe gain, and then change settings "in dark" (in black screen mouse is working fine).

2)
download DXWnd - this progam will allow you to run Chaos Gate in window mode (you can easly change size of window so you will be able to play in almost full screen mode). Lag will be gone and game will be playable as normal.

Good luck.
Maly88: Hey

That is how i get Chaos Gate GOG edition playable on Windows 10.

1) Rename wh40k.exe tin game folder to wh40.exe - this will make Chaos Gate working at all (instead of black window with 4 small screens), but game will be lagging a lot, so at that moment it will be unable to play.

Note, that when you change wh40k.exe name, you will be unable to change any option settings in game. If you want to do that, you need to change name to wh40k.exe gain, and then change settings "in dark" (in black screen mouse is working fine).

2)
download DXWnd - this progam will allow you to run Chaos Gate in window mode (you can easly change size of window so you will be able to play in almost full screen mode). Lag will be gone and game will be playable as normal.

Good luck.
Works like a charm. You can set DXWind to run full screen as well and the lag is still gone.

Thank you so much!