It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Too anyone who has purchased and is a vet of the original... Can you still use the Dev Squad exploit? Curious if this "feature" was fixed or if they left it in as is.
What was the exploit? And if it was never patched in originally I doubt GOG has done anything about it.
I think he means using the item exchange option to have another group of Marines take your heavy weapons, reload them and trade them back to the original soldier.
The game only allows one heavy weapon per Tac Squad. Once you got an additional Tac Squad, You were able to add/remove squad members to get the entire squad decked out with heavy weapons aka Devastator Squad.

Frankly, in later scenarios it didnt matter much as it was all about your terminators and assault squad, but it certainly helps if you are having trouble early on.
muttly13: The game only allows one heavy weapon per Tac Squad. Once you got an additional Tac Squad, You were able to add/remove squad members to get the entire squad decked out with heavy weapons aka Devastator Squad.

Frankly, in later scenarios it didnt matter much as it was all about your terminators and assault squad, but it certainly helps if you are having trouble early on.
Actually, that would be quite nice. I always felt bad for the 3 guys forced to use a bolter later on.
I will test it as soon as I finish mission 2 again.
Post edited January 06, 2017 by Galdred
It still works, but only for Devastator squads:
You need to have the last slot empty, then, when you drop someone there, it will automatically equip the marine with a heavy bolter (without checking the heavy weapon count of the squad).
You can then swap him with a bolter Marine of the Dev Squad, and change for another heavy weapon.
Drop the marine at the end to an empty slot, then put another marine back in, and voila.
You got another heavy weapon.
Post edited August 17, 2021 by Galdred