It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Greetings!

I just discovered that the amazing people at GOG put this up, and I've been trying to get some more modern resolutions to work, but it's not as easy as I hoped.

In the main game folder, I found this file: GAME.INI , which has this little bit: ModeWidth=1600 ModeHeight=1200

When I change it to the resolution in the topic title, my menu in-game gets all zoomed in. I can't even click the new game/play button. It's out of view. (see screen). There's some strings of code in the same line, but I'm not sure that's connected to resolution.

If anyone knows how to fix this, I'd be so happy. I played this 10+ years ago, but it had a glitch and was stuck at 640x480 res. :C At least 1600x1200 works pretty well now.

Thanks.

Edit: Oh and there is some stretching going on because of the res. I hope there is a possible fix for that.
Attachments:
Post edited July 07, 2015 by MasterCrumble
I'm currently working on an Overhaul.
At the moment (v0.1) I have fixed all res problems, added better texture quality, increased all graphics settings to max, high detail guns, 8x Anti-Aliasing, and a nice custom load screen which I'm hoping to change because it's terrible.
I'm hoping to (once I contacted a person because on of the features of this overhaul is theirs) release this at version 0.3/0.4. Hopefully, I will figure out how to replace models with my own, better quality ones.
TheNerdyPlane: I'm currently working on an Overhaul.
At the moment (v0.1) I have fixed all res problems, added better texture quality, increased all graphics settings to max, high detail guns, 8x Anti-Aliasing, and a nice custom load screen which I'm hoping to change because it's terrible.
I'm hoping to (once I contacted a person because on of the features of this overhaul is theirs) release this at version 0.3/0.4. Hopefully, I will figure out how to replace models with my own, better quality ones.
Hey TheNerdyPlane!

Sorry for bugging you, I just bought the game yesterday and was wondering how is your overhaul coming along?
b_p: Hey TheNerdyPlane!

Sorry for bugging you, I just bought the game yesterday and was wondering how is your overhaul coming along?
It is going well. I have changed a few of the textures or made them better. It is quite hard though because I can't figure out how to open what I think are all of the models (.rof) so until I can do that I am limited to the textures only and I can only go so far with only doing that. Hopefully soon I will get it going!
Cool, thanks for the update!
Good luck on the project, and please tease us with some screenshots if you have the time :)
Haha, I was just randomly thinking about his game again, and never realized I got any replies to it.

An overhaul sounds freaking fantastic! So many improvements! Are you still working on this? It's a game I've always loved, but never felt it was perfect in the state it was in.

Progress pics (of whatever you got done) would be super welcome, yeah. :D
MasterCrumble: Haha, I was just randomly thinking about his game again, and never realized I got any replies to it.

An overhaul sounds freaking fantastic! So many improvements! Are you still working on this? It's a game I've always loved, but never felt it was perfect in the state it was in.

Progress pics (of whatever you got done) would be super welcome, yeah. :D
Well, the overhaul development has been pause, as I discovered I don't no anything about Vital Engine (the engine Codename Outbreak is made in), so, I'm first going to focus on what I have already learned, hopefully learn some more in the process, and then try to do the overhaul. I'm now doing a small 'winter texture and sound' mod, to replace all relevant sounds and textures that are outside to a higher quality, and with a winter theme. I will also change some indoors objects, such hanging coats, and heaters. A few background sound effects will also be added to reflect the season!
In the meantime, 1080p can be achieved using a small program call dgVoodoo2. Just google it and you will find the site, and also many tutorials, for it. It seems to work really well!