It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello all,

When I try to install the game it insists that it cannot find part 1 despite my ensuring that it is in the correct/specified location. I actually went ahead and put its exact location in at one point and no luck. Has anyone had a similar problem, even with a different game, and how/were you able to solve it?

Many thanks!
You seem to be talking about the offline installers. Do you have both parts in the very same location? Is your anti-virus blocking something here?
Themken: You seem to be talking about the offline installers. Do you have both parts in the very same location? Is your anti-virus blocking something here?
Yep, I've got both in the same place for sure, my anti-virus isn't doing anything either so I'm not sure what's going on. I'll fiddle around with the file names and see if that changes/helps anything
All right, just got it to work there! It seems that I had accidentally downloaded the first part twice, I had thought the second part, a .bin file, was the issue.

The first part (a .exe) should be named: setup_unreal_tournament_2004_1.0_(18947)

However, mine was named: setup_unreal_tournament_2004_1.0_(18947) (1)

I'm not sure why this caused an issue with the installer locating the .bin file, as that file name was unchanged and the whole thing worked once I removed the (1) from the .exe file name. I could've sworn that something like this happened before, where I accidentally downloaded the initial small file twice but I don't remember it causing any issue.

Whatever the case, it's fixed now. Thanks for your help all the same!
If you try to download the same file to the same folder dumb browser settings will not warn you and just make anther copy, but add an incremented number at the end.
Download the same file lots of times and you will see the number at the end going up.

Change your browser defaults to ask you in future.