It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

so i haven't played the witcher in awhile i decided to start playing again i downloaded all the patches from the website ( i am highly against downloading them again or via galaxy as i have a bandwidth cap) i started with the first patch listed on the gog website and when i start it yes have all the bin files it says there is not enough disk space for this update i have 500 gigs left on that drive (its ssd in case that matters) so i tried doing it on my HDD with well over 4 gigs left on that to no avail i even tried transferring it over to my laptop and i got the same problem i have tried everything i can think of but no luck its driving me insane
Attachments:
image_1.jpg (55 Kb)
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
You need enough free space for the temporary files on your drive C (or the drive your Windows temporary folders and files are located).
e.g. 10 gig patch - you need 10 gig free space for the temporary files

So make place by deleting some files or move the Windows temp folder if you need to. To move the Windows temp folder you should search the internet. This is not a simple copy and past.
megakole: so i haven't played the witcher in awhile i decided to start playing again i downloaded all the patches from the website ( i am highly against downloading them again or via galaxy as i have a bandwidth cap) i started with the first patch listed on the gog website and when i start it yes have all the bin files it says there is not enough disk space for this update i have 500 gigs left on that drive (its ssd in case that matters) so i tried doing it on my HDD with well over 4 gigs left on that to no avail i even tried transferring it over to my laptop and i got the same problem i have tried everything i can think of but no luck its driving me insane
This has happened a lot lately and I would contact support.There is a file that needs to be deleted and I can not remember the correct one.
Ritualisto: You need enough free space for the temporary files on your drive C (or the drive your Windows temporary folders and files are located).

So make place by deleting some files or move the Windows temp folder if you need to. To move the Windows temp folder you should search the internet. This is not a simple copy and past.
my c drive is the ssd mentioned with 500 gigs left
Ritualisto: You need enough free space for the temporary files on your drive C (or the drive your Windows temporary folders and files are located).

megakole: my c drive is the ssd mentioned with 500 gigs left
I had this same thing happen and also had a ton of disk space on both drives. No good reason for this error.
Apparently the program is looking at the size of your temp folder in some way and if it is too big in it's opinion it won't install even if you have a terabyte left open.
I solved it by clearing out everything in the temp folder on the c drive. Even though i was installing to naother drive it is still looking at the c temp folder.
After you clear that temp folder out it should work.
Make sure all 3 are clear, c:\temp, c:\windows\temp, and c:\program files (x86)\temp just to be thorough