It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Ok so i recently tried to update my game to version 1.24 and to 1.3(from v.1.22) but the .exe files give me the message: "Game installation not found, please reinstall".
I recently reinstalled my pc and changed form win7 to win10 if that helps.
This question / problem has been solved by Hickoryimage
I would start from scratch again and reinstall a clean game.
A.I.Person.: I would start from scratch again and reinstall a clean game.
Is there no way to change where the installers look for the game?
I'm a little different. I can patch the game however I get this gog log message:

The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch log
Incorrect version of: C:\GOG Gamess\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\\content\metadata.store

Don't want to play the game in case it kills my save or something...
A.I.Person.: I would start from scratch again and reinstall a clean game.
zenos631: Is there no way to change where the installers look for the game?
Yes, uninstall the game and start from scratch, as already advised. My guess is that, when you reinstalled your operating system, you took the shortcut and simply copied the installation over, or am I wrong? If I am, you need to be clearer about what you've tried, and how.
zenos631: Is there no way to change where the installers look for the game?
Hickory: Yes, uninstall the game and start from scratch, as already advised. My guess is that, when you reinstalled your operating system, you took the shortcut and simply copied the installation over, or am I wrong? If I am, you need to be clearer about what you've tried, and how.
Well I didnt really move the installation at all after the reinstall just made a shortcut to the desktop. Anyway i took your advice and deleted the game and started from scratch, but when the game reached 100% i got this message: "Error creating INI entry in file C:\Users\Niki\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings" and i can either retry, which only ends up giving me the same message, abort or ignore it.
zenos631: Well I didnt really move the installation at all after the reinstall just made a shortcut to the desktop. Anyway i took your advice and deleted the game and started from scratch, but when the game reached 100% i got this message: "Error creating INI entry in file C:\Users\Niki\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings" and i can either retry, which only ends up giving me the same message, abort or ignore it.
I don't have Windows 10, but from what I have read it is a little too strict on permissions access, so you need to ensure that you have full access rights to your documents folder and sub-folders. That error suggests that something is preventing the .ini from being updated. You should also check that any antivirus you have isn't interfering. Be certain to check that 'user.settings' isn't set to 'Read Only', too.
zenos631: Well I didnt really move the installation at all after the reinstall just made a shortcut to the desktop. Anyway i took your advice and deleted the game and started from scratch, but when the game reached 100% i got this message: "Error creating INI entry in file C:\Users\Niki\Documents\The Witcher 3\user.settings" and i can either retry, which only ends up giving me the same message, abort or ignore it.
Hickory: I don't have Windows 10, but from what I have read it is a little too strict on permissions access, so you need to ensure that you have full access rights to your documents folder and sub-folders. That error suggests that something is preventing the .ini from being updated. You should also check that any antivirus you have isn't interfering. Be certain to check that 'user.settings' isn't set to 'Read Only', too.
Ok i clicked ignore for the moment and after the installation finished i went to the file and it was as you said in read only mode. Now that i have turned that off do i need to do anything else?
P.S I ran the game and it works fine and is updated to v.1.3.
zenos631: Ok i clicked ignore for the moment and after the installation finished i went to the file and it was as you said in read only mode. Now that i have turned that off do i need to do anything else?
Yes, running the game will always update it, especially when you change anything in options.
zenos631: Ok i clicked ignore for the moment and after the installation finished i went to the file and it was as you said in read only mode. Now that i have turned that off do i need to do anything else?
Hickory: Yes, running the game will always update it, especially when you change anything in options.
Then everything should work fine now, right?
Hickory: Yes, running the game will always update it, especially when you change anything in options.
zenos631: Then everything should work fine now, right?
Yes, everything will be fine. That file is just a store of your preferences. The game keeps default options elsewhere, so you could even delete it and it would get recreated when you start the game and set your options.
zenos631: Then everything should work fine now, right?
Hickory: Yes, everything will be fine. That file is just a store of your preferences. The game keeps default options elsewhere, so you could even delete it and it would get recreated when you start the game and set your options.
Okay, thank you for all your help and have a nice day/night!