It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hello everyone,

Today, after not having played for a while, i wanted to patch the game and install heart of stone. I successfully patched the game from 1.04 to 1.10, but I am unable to patch the game to 1.11 (which is needed for the expansion).

Immediately after pressing update on the patch 1.10 to 1.11, I will get the message: ''! Some errors occurred, see patch_log.txt for details'' (see attached image)

Anyone any ideas on how to fix this? I tried rebooting the game/pc a few times and download the patch 1.11 a couple of times, but that did not work.

Thanks in advance!
Attachments:
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
What is the contents of your patch_log.txt?
Thats the weird thing, i cannot find a patch_log.txt anywhere. I have tried looking for it all over my pc files, but I have not found it.
Erkras: Thats the weird thing, i cannot find a patch_log.txt anywhere. I have tried looking for it all over my pc files, but I have not found it.
It's possible the patch download was corrupt. Try re-downloading the 1.10 > 1.11 patch and try again.
Already tried re-downloading it a couple of times, without succes unfortunately. I guess an option is to re-download and re-install the full game, though this would take quite a while. But if all else fails, so be it.
Exact same problem here. I tried re-downloading it, to no avail. I just bought the expansion, I'll try installing it. If that doesn't work, I'm asking for a refund.

Edit: Uninstalling, then reinstalling the free DLC program (16 DLC) might have fixed things for me. In btween I launched the game and tried to load a save. Because I had uninstalled the DLC content it complained that content was missing. I exited the game and reinstalled free DLC program (16 DLC). I then installed the latest patch successfully. :)

Not sure if I saw the EULA agreement check box when it failed, now that I think about it. But I did on the successful attempt. Best of luck!
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Babel-17
Wow, and now the expansion launcher is complaining it wants to see the previous version of the game. "This version of base game is not supported. Expansion requires 1.10 patch. Please update your game version"

Edit: And it turns out that while the updater claimed to have worked, the game still showed itself at being the 1.10 version.

"Serenity now" and I uninstalled the game after backing up the folder with my saves. Though the uninstaller did ask if I wanted to leave them alone (I said yes), and did leave them.

Downloading everything all over again for a clean install. I'll hold off on asking for a refund. Both GOG and the developer are great, I just don't like prolonged aggravation. I'll just write this off as the cost of being a gamer if it works. If not, I'll want a refund for the expansion. That sends a message. :)

Edit 2: A complete uninstall and reinstall fixed me up. I learned that I had to be very patient applying the 1.10 patch. Twice it looked like it stalled but after around twelve minutes it installed to my SSD. One player said it can take a half hour to install. I saw Task Manages saying the patch was "not responding" and that made me google for a solution. Thankfully it was only a little patience. :)
Post edited October 29, 2015 by Babel-17