It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I don't use Galaxy and I don't want to. I downloaded both parts of the patch from my library into the same directory but when I launch part one it tells me to insert disc containing the second part of the patch. I browse to the directory and I get this message (The file "patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin" could not be located) I've tried relocating the .bin to other directories with no luck.

Thanks in advanced to the scholarly gentlemen or lady that helps me with this issue.
scottsps2012: I don't use Galaxy and I don't want to. I downloaded both parts of the patch from my library into the same directory but when I launch part one it tells me to insert disc containing the second part of the patch. I browse to the directory and I get this message (The file "patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin" could not be located) I've tried relocating the .bin to other directories with no luck.

Thanks in advanced to the scholarly gentlemen or lady that helps me with this issue.
It very much sounds like you have downloaded the files to a protected folder, or a folder that you don't have full administrative privileges for. Create a folder on you C: drive called 'Downloads'. Move both files to C:\Downloads. Right click on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'.
scottsps2012: I don't use Galaxy and I don't want to. I downloaded both parts of the patch from my library into the same directory but when I launch part one it tells me to insert disc containing the second part of the patch. I browse to the directory and I get this message (The file "patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin" could not be located) I've tried relocating the .bin to other directories with no luck.

Hickory: It very much sounds like you have downloaded the files to a protected folder, or a folder that you don't have full administrative privileges for. Create a folder on you C: drive called 'Downloads'. Move both files to C:\Downloads. Right click on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'.
Thanks for the reply.

I tried it and had the same problem :(

By the way I have never had this problem patching a GOG game, granted they are always a single file with no .bin
Post edited July 19, 2015 by scottsps2012
Hickory: It very much sounds like you have downloaded the files to a protected folder, or a folder that you don't have full administrative privileges for. Create a folder on you C: drive called 'Downloads'. Move both files to C:\Downloads. Right click on the installer and select 'Run as Administrator'.
scottsps2012: Thanks for the reply.

I tried it and had the same problem :(

By the way I have never had this problem patching a GOG game, granted they are always a single file with no .bin
Can you provide a screenshot of your files? Folder names included.
I reinstalled the files and restart my PC and now I'm getting a message that there is not enough space.
Attachments:
scottsps2012: I reinstalled the files and restart my PC and now I'm getting a message that there is not enough space.
What path is your game installed to, and is there enough space?
scottsps2012: I reinstalled the files and restart my PC and now I'm getting a message that there is not enough space.
Hickory: What path is your game installed to, and is there enough space?
It turns out the install requires temporary files to be installed to the C drive. I was able to free up enough space to install the patch. Thanks for the help.
Be sure that the .bin file is named exactly as follows:patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin. that's the file name it is looking for. since i had attempted to download the patch more than once, my download had added a (2) at the end of the file name, so the patch setup wouldn't detect it. that was my problem and once i renamed the file, the problem was resolved. hope that helps.
i have the same problem when i try to install it it says insert disk 1 and when i do that and click ok it says the file "patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin" could not be located in "c:/downloads". please insert the correct disk or select another folder

i tried making a new download folder and moving the file to it in the c drive and then run as admin but it still doesnt work :/ please help!!!
low rated
When did people become so lazy to the point where they wind up using a service to do everything for them?

Why are people even using half this crap that isn't even needed and not having any manual control over anything they download, then wondering why they are having all sorts of problems with it, then actual defend the program they're saying is giving them problems and trash talking anyone like myself for asking why even use it to begin with and bringing up those facts?

People using whatever they want isn't what's in question, In fact sue whatever you like. The question being presented is why anyone would purposely subject themselves to pointless and necessary problems for absolutely no reason at all, when there is no need to.

Naturally people respond to that by using personal preference as a reason such as it's convenient for me, or I like having all my games in one place, or the sales are good. But that's a personal preference, which has nothing to do with the actual question of why do something that isn't actually necessary?

It's like knowing a room is going to be filled with water where you're going to drown, and when someone asks you why you would purposely put your life in danger, the response is something like:

"I like the way the room is designed" of it's really easy to get into..

and the same exact type of answers are given when asked why you would ever use a program that isn't needed. People say they like it because it's easy to use? That doesn't even make any sense.

But to each their own I guess.
Post edited July 23, 2015 by tx3000
longdivision8: Be sure that the .bin file is named exactly as follows:patch_witcher3_1.01-1.07_2.0.0.34-1.bin. that's the file name it is looking for. since i had attempted to download the patch more than once, my download had added a (2) at the end of the file name, so the patch setup wouldn't detect it. that was my problem and once i renamed the file, the problem was resolved. hope that helps.
Thank yuo so much