It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

matschofsky2620: This game really suck!!!! To slow leveling

SKYRIM RULES!
Feeling better now? This is totally OT and has nothing to do with anything we are discussing here.
--------------------------
Post edited June 23, 2015 by bouncedk
I asked for a refund, got a standard reply from what seems to be a script. Never even saw a trail of my cash. Steam with it's new refund policy is looking mighty good right now, DRM be damned. The cake is a lie. GOG is a lie.
Is there no third party software to allow rebinding keys on mouse/keyboard?
calranthe: Actually forget that, seems I am a special case as in I am left handed and have always written and signed my name left handed but some time in my past probably in the amiga days I switched to using my right hand for mouse weird, just tried putting it on the left side of my keyboard and felt really wierd.

Does that mean i'm special ? :)
ZalasFears: No there are others like you out there, namely me :) i sign and write left handed but when i grew up key binding options were rare or a painto set up depednign on game so gave up and just taught my self to use a mouse right handed
I know I'm late in this thread - I too am left handed/ambi, do some things right handed. I use a regular mouse in my left hand, and it doesn't feel strange at all to me. In fact, never knew there was such a thing as left-handed mice. But I did rebind WASD to the arrow keys, no problems, and some other keys, also no problem.
DocDoomII: Is there no third party software to allow rebinding keys on mouse/keyboard?
In theory we can do that through ini files, but there is a problem, after one of patches game stopped recognizing my mouse side buttons, and instead of using them as before, one button stopped working, and another started to change sensor resolution. Yeah, I tried to rebind buttons with those originally changing resolution, didn't worked.

I'm also member of southpaw tribe, and lack of proper tools designed for us forced me to switch into being righty. Kind of: now I can do many thing with any hand equally bad. /grin One could've thought since we comprise 10% of population we could expect same percentage of tools for us. Alas, woe-woe: computer peripherals are no exception. I've been long looking for comfortable mouse and it is kinda problematic: most manufacturers offer only symmetrical mouses which I don't really like as they feel flat, and some of those offered for left-handed users are not that different from symmetrical ones. I tried ergonomic model (forgot the brand, IIRC it was "evoluent vertical mouse"), for work it was fine, but increased height led me to constantly bumping into it. Not sure if shortened its lifespan or not. So, as with many other tools, I end up using mouse for right-handed people.
As for keyboards... Well, they are different story. :)
bouncedk: I asked for a refund, got a standard reply from what seems to be a script. Never even saw a trail of my cash. Steam with it's new refund policy is looking mighty good right now, DRM be damned. The cake is a lie. GOG is a lie.
GOG gives refunds only (and ONLY) if the game doesn't work on your system. They will help you to make it work and, if everything fails, they give you a refund.
This ONLY if it's a game related problem, if you don't care of reading the requirements, your system doesn't meet them and then you complain, then it's all your fault, mate ;) No refund here.
Steam can afford to refund games more easily (after YEARS it didn't minimally care about customers, unlike GOG), just because they're a bigger company. But I dare you to find on Steam a better support than GOG in trying to make your game work.
I wanna play the games I buy, don't want to play "pay & refund" just because I'm an ossessive-compulsive shopper ;)
GOG is gamers for gamers, Steam is just for the money.
Post edited July 14, 2015 by Nephilim88
DocDoomII: Is there no third party software to allow rebinding keys on mouse/keyboard?
RudyLis: In theory we can do that through ini files, but there is a problem, after one of patches game stopped recognizing my mouse side buttons, and instead of using them as before, one button stopped working, and another started to change sensor resolution. Yeah, I tried to rebind buttons with those originally changing resolution, didn't worked.

I'm also member of southpaw tribe, and lack of proper tools designed for us forced me to switch into being righty. Kind of: now I can do many thing with any hand equally bad. /grin One could've thought since we comprise 10% of population we could expect same percentage of tools for us. Alas, woe-woe: computer peripherals are no exception. I've been long looking for comfortable mouse and it is kinda problematic: most manufacturers offer only symmetrical mouses which I don't really like as they feel flat, and some of those offered for left-handed users are not that different from symmetrical ones. I tried ergonomic model (forgot the brand, IIRC it was "evoluent vertical mouse"), for work it was fine, but increased height led me to constantly bumping into it. Not sure if shortened its lifespan or not. So, as with many other tools, I end up using mouse for right-handed people.
As for keyboards... Well, they are different story. :)
Dunno, I always used symmetrical mice, and I never use the extra buttons. So I can't really relate on that side, but I understand the discomfort.
I'm always troubled by games (on console) that don't allow to invert the Y axis. I simply can't play with normal Y axis.
Developers should just implement options for these kind of things in every game. How difficult can it be?
Rebinding, axis options, FOV options... ffs.
DocDoomII: Dunno, I always used symmetrical mice, and I never use the extra buttons. So I can't really relate on that side, but I understand the discomfort.
Extra buttons, when bind-able, provide additional comfort as you can assign more most-frequently used functions that are always at hand, without any need to shift your hands position, really helpful for long, monotone, tedious sessions at my work (charts and tables). PC kind of HOTAS (what it'll be, HOKAM?). /grin

DocDoomII: I'm always troubled by games (on console) that don't allow to invert the Y axis. I simply can't play with normal Y axis.
Developers should just implement options for these kind of things in every game. How difficult can it be?
Rebinding, axis options, FOV options... ffs.
I concur, tendency over finding fewer and fewer options in "Options" is very troubling. Guess it's trend - makes gaemz simpler so casual gamerz won't find themselves overly confused at positions like "FOV" or "key mapping". I wonder what's next, game without options at all, just "play" and "quit"? Or "watch" and "quit" - someone could be confused at "playing"!
In some cases there are ini files, at least on PC, but some games really, I mean REALLY don't like it when somebody adjusts something there. "Way it meant to be played" my arse. Bollocks, you sold me game (okay, sold me a license to play it), give me an opportunity to enjoy the fucking thing!
At least as long there are games like ArmA or Assetto Corsa you can always launch them and dwell through options, fine-tuning them for your preferences. "Instant shrink", gaming variety. ;)
bouncedk: I asked for a refund, got a standard reply from what seems to be a script. Never even saw a trail of my cash. Steam with it's new refund policy is looking mighty good right now, DRM be damned. The cake is a lie. GOG is a lie.
Nephilim88: GOG gives refunds only (and ONLY) if the game doesn't work on your system. They will help you to make it work and, if everything fails, they give you a refund.
This ONLY if it's a game related problem, if you don't care of reading the requirements, your system doesn't meet them and then you complain, then it's all your fault, mate ;) No refund here.
Steam can afford to refund games more easily (after YEARS it didn't minimally care about customers, unlike GOG), just because they're a bigger company. But I dare you to find on Steam a better support than GOG in trying to make your game work.
I wanna play the games I buy, don't want to play "pay & refund" just because I'm an ossessive-compulsive shopper ;)
So when I exceed the recommended specs by about 4 time and it still runs like garbage, no refund for me? Yay! GOG is still a lie. I'll do my shopping on Steam from now on where you can actually get your money back.
BTW this wasn't for Witcher 3 if anyone was wondering.
Post edited July 15, 2015 by bouncedk
Nephilim88: GOG gives refunds only (and ONLY) if the game doesn't work on your system. They will help you to make it work and, if everything fails, they give you a refund.
bouncedk: So when I exceed the recommended specs by about 4 time and it still runs like garbage, no refund for me? Yay! GOG is still a lie. I'll do my shopping on Steam from now on where you can actually get your money back.
BTW this wasn't for Witcher 3 if anyone was wondering.
You must have misunderstood. I was trying to say that, if you have the system requirements to run the game, and it doesn't work or runs badly, you can contact GOG support and they will help you to make the game run properly. If they fail, you will get your money back, fair and square.

On the other hand, if the game doesn't work and your system doesn't meet the minimum requirements to make the game work, then you will not have a refund (you could ask politely though, they are good guys). But, as you say, this is not your case.
Post edited July 15, 2015 by Nephilim88
Wow that doesn't sound promising at all.

I took a punt on No Man's Sky because despite not fully meeting the requirements, the 30 day, no quibble money back guarantee gave me the confidence to see if it worked regardless.

So now I've asked for a refund, heard nothing and the GOG policy is "Sorry son, you don't meet the minimum specs so you're shit out of luck"?

Guess I'll be going back to Steam then