It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

s1drano: There's nothing wrong here, because the 30 day refund policy does not cover UX issues, lack of useability, or disappointment in general.
You don't get a refund because "Dark Souls is too hard", you don't get a refund because "Ryse was not fun", you don't get a refund because "South Park is limited to 30 FPS", and you don't get a refund because "The Witcher doesn't allow for limitless keybinding".
The first two are about personal perception, not objective facts.
The third is about an objective fact, but not somthing out of the general.
The fourth is about an objective fact which is contrary to the general properties of similar products, without explicit statement that this were so.

You will find in sales and warranty law (US, Europe, Australia at least) that the so-called "Implied Warranty" covers this.
If you buy a house, and then find out it has no stairs, the seller may say "oh, I didn't claim it had any!" but since it is a general property of houses, this won't work.
If you buy a car, then find it has no transmission, the seller may say "oh well, but it can drive! You just can't shift gears, but everything else works!" - Nope, unless explicitly stated, there is a long list of properties a product is expected to have b/o merchantability.

This makes sense for sellers as well, since you can hardly state the entirety of properties a product has.

Since beginning of this century, PC games have the ability to make keybindings as the user needs. You will hardly find a commercial PC game that doesn't have it. (It's not hard to do or expensive either.)

I do think the restrictions The Witcher 3 had on keybindings were sufficient to invoke warranty law.

CDPR has made a patch which is supposed to fix the issue, so this is effectively moot.

s1drano: Complain about the games, that's one thing.
Complain that you don't get refunds because the games don't meet your expectations, and don't be surprised if I don't shower you with respect, for you have earned none.
If that is your issue, then again: no. There are some expectations to a product which are protected by law in most countries, so you're not stuck with fakes and dysfunctional products.

If your problem were with the way OP was expressing his lack of satisfaction, and his agitation - that I could agree with.
foo_: You will find in sales and warranty law (US, Europe, Australia at least) that the so-called "Implied Warranty" covers this.
Interesting.

I think I'll have to sue Bethesda one of these days, because when I bought Skyrim the box said I needed an internet connection to activate the game. It never mentioned I'd have to download the whole thing because the DVD only contains the Steam installer.

Thank you for the insight.
Avalan: It's not that people don't like it. It's not a personal preference. It's not that people are offended. It's that a certain percentage of the population happen to left handed. Some who are left handed, and some like myself who are right handed, can't play the game with the locked controls. I used Notepad++ to set up a macro that edits all the controls, but not everyone can do that.

Noone said it was the end of the world. By that logic, it wouldn't be the end of the world for GoG jto ust refund people. Some people did/do find it game breaking, due to a feature that many thought would just be a given. Key rebinding. In 2015 you *have* to use WASD or the arrow keys. I don't think it's just weird. There is no possible reason I can even remotely think of to allow some keys to be rebound, but not even list the movement keys. Of all things, the movement keys. The things that players will use throughout the whole game. There's no excuse for it.

Would taking a pill allow people to rebind all the keys?
paladin181: I'm left handed. No problem playing the game. It's not a game breaking deal. It's annoying, but far from keeping anyone from playing it.
That's for you. Not 'anyone'. Others have a problem. We're/they're saying we/they have a problem. Just because you're okay, it doesn't mean everyone else is. As I pointed out in more detail in my earlier reply.

If you're okay with things, then that's great, but your experiences are not the same as everyone's.
Patch fixes this issue.
Avalan: Try? As in try to do things right handed? I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but... do you know what being left handed means?
BTCentral: I'm right handed, I regularly use a mouse with my left hand while gaming as I have more space on that side of the desk. Just because you're left or right handed doesn't mean you can't use the other if you give it a go.

---

As for the OP - not being able to rebind some keys/the mouse sucks - sure.

Personally, I don't agree with the way you went about trying to resolve the issue (disputing the charge through your bank), because chances are you doing that has resulted not only in GOG loosing the money you paid, but also being charged extra fees.

Considering you knew TW2 had the same issue, it seems you just chose not to educate yourself as to if it would have the same issues or not.

Did you charge back for TW2 too? And if not, what's different this time?

Either way, from the sound of things hopefully this will be resolved by CDPR soon considering they've promised more key rebinding options.
Doesn't that mean you're partially ambidextrous? People vary. Some are completely one or the other and some are in between. Some are completely ambidextrous. People talk about what *they* are and not what other people are. Some really struggle with changing to a different set of keys/settings.

None of which changes the issue that CDPR should have just included key bindings. The focus on what everyone should apparently being doing to compensate for CDPR just locking some keys is something I don't really understand. I don't know why the focus is simply not on CDPR, with all it's resources, to make keys allowed to be other keys. It's so simple for them to do that, like hundreds and hundreds of other games, instead of expecting loads of people to *not* be left handed, or for people who have been using a key set for many years to have to change.

The defence of such things is just... there's no excuse for leaving out complete key rebinding and many people are of a mind that they're okay, so everyone else who isn't should stop complaining.
Don't know if this has been said already, but using Glovepie or Autohotkey you can rebind every key in every program. Also GOG just released a 1.04 patch for W3 in which you should rebind all keys afaik.
MarkoH01: Don't know if this has been said already, but using Glovepie or Autohotkey you can rebind every key in every program. Also GOG just released a 1.04 patch for W3 in which you should rebind all keys afaik.
It has been said several times; also, if you are going to get AHK, don't use original AutoHotKey since the project has been abandoned, go to http://ahkscript.org/ instead.

But be also warned that some "anti-cheat" components of other games actively search for this software and are said to consider it being installed(!) as a reason to kick or ban you. (Nexus/Xigncode specifically). Be aware of the risk before you take it.
MarkoH01: Don't know if this has been said already, but using Glovepie or Autohotkey you can rebind every key in every program. Also GOG just released a 1.04 patch for W3 in which you should rebind all keys afaik.
foo_: It has been said several times; also, if you are going to get AHK, don't use original AutoHotKey since the project has been abandoned, go to http://ahkscript.org/ instead.

But be also warned that some "anti-cheat" components of other games actively search for this software and are said to consider it being installed(!) as a reason to kick or ban you. (Nexus/Xigncode specifically). Be aware of the risk before you take it.
If there are such problems with AHK you could still use Glovepie which does not need to be installed at all afair.
foo_: You will find in sales and warranty law (US, Europe, Australia at least) that the so-called "Implied Warranty" covers this.
s1drano: Interesting.

I think I'll have to sue Bethesda one of these days, because when I bought Skyrim the box said I needed an internet connection to activate the game. It never mentioned I'd have to download the whole thing because the DVD only contains the Steam installer.

Well said! Since when keybinding is included in the "implied warranty" thing? :/
It's just like some one-handed people not being able to play that game, and complaining the game did not offer control for single hand...

And, ironically, the new patch 1.04 fixes the keybinding problem.
Ryuubei: So GOG have made a big thing about having a 30day refund policy, well guess what it's BS. I physically can't play the game because of the games screwing over left handed mice (again) and none rebindable keys. So i requested a refund. IMO it's justifiable, since i can't play the damn game. Only GOG reply is tough shit, go tell CD Red, or we can give you store credit.

So yeah, so much for a friendly 30 day refund policy. Normally i'd let it slide, since i don't really buy games here, or for that much. I specifically bought Witcher 3 here because of that refund policy, which should have covered me against being screwed over by the developer.

Guess GOG is all about the $$ in the end. Time to call the credit card company and recover it that way
There is a mod already that let you rebind all your keys on nexus so whats problem again?

Ive this kind of topics on many game forums i don't believe word your saying.

Specially because of your last sentence. Scamming your way out of this?
paladin181: I don't find it game breaking and people who do probably should take a pill. It's not the end of the world.
"It doesn't affect me, so it doesn't affect anyone else."

Don't be too quick to judge.

BTCentral: Considering you knew TW2 had the same issue, it seems you just chose not to educate yourself as to if it would have the same issues or not.
I've seen some people saying this.
Now... I don't remember well... but are you sure? I *absolutely do not* play with wasd or a controller, and I did play Witcher 2 without any issue.
Considering this, I'm pretty sure TW2 did not have this issue.
Post edited May 25, 2015 by Fuz
Ryuubei: So GOG have made a big thing about having a 30day refund policy, well guess what it's BS. I physically can't play the game because of the games screwing over left handed mice (again) and none rebindable keys. So i requested a refund. IMO it's justifiable, since i can't play the damn game. Only GOG reply is tough shit, go tell CD Red, or we can give you store credit.

So yeah, so much for a friendly 30 day refund policy. Normally i'd let it slide, since i don't really buy games here, or for that much. I specifically bought Witcher 3 here because of that refund policy, which should have covered me against being screwed over by the developer.

Guess GOG is all about the $$ in the end. Time to call the credit card company and recover it that way
peternl: There is a mod already that let you rebind all your keys on nexus so whats problem again?

And I've seen many such attempts at defending companies many times before. Are you really accusing someone who says they couldn't play the game of scamming a company? How exactly is this a scam?
peternl: There is a mod already that let you rebind all your keys on nexus so whats problem again?

Avalan: And I've seen many such attempts at defending companies many times before. Are you really accusing someone who says they couldn't play the game of scamming a company? How exactly is this a scam?
How does not liking the key setup and lack of configuration options translate into being unable to play?
s1drano: Interesting.

sparking_spirit: Well said! Since when keybinding is included in the "implied warranty" thing? :/
Since it is a standard feature of all commercial games in comparable market.

sparking_spirit: And, ironically, the new patch 1.04 fixes the keybinding problem.
1. nothing ironic about that.
2. that fix is a good step, yet incomplete - there are still bugs in it.
CDPR is working on fixing this issue, which is a valid way of fulfilling the implied warranty.
Avalan: And I've seen many such attempts at defending companies many times before. Are you really accusing someone who says they couldn't play the game of scamming a company? How exactly is this a scam?
paladin181: How does not liking the key setup and lack of configuration options translate into being unable to play?
It does. Just because you are fine with them doesn't mean that everyone is able to play with an unfamiliar setup. Don't be so self centered and arrogant.
It may be because of a disability. It may be because muscle memory. It is how the brain works.
It has been explained before, time and time again.
Post edited May 26, 2015 by Fuz