It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I played this game since release and hadn't encountered any game breaking bugs until v1.22 popped up. Now following things are completely broken (I only played the game for 5 hours since the patch, so there might be a lot more):

-Quest "Without a trace" has unkillable enemies. I made a video for this, but creating this discussion has failed 5 times in a row without an error, so I'll start guessing and remove the URL. EDIT: youtube.com/watch?v=efZNP0HMAEI

-Quest "the warble of a smitten knight" is broken in the sense that everything insta-fails (I tried the crossbow practice and the horse race practice).

-"Collect 'em all" achievement doesn't work, while the mission with the same name was completed without significant hick-ups (the second to last card took me two attempts, for some reason the merchant I saved in Novigrad didn't count towards the achievement).

-Particle effects are completely broken: blood is a white cloud, water particles while swimming are green, ...

For the tourney quest I tried disabling ingame tutorials, as mentioned in someone's fix for earlier versions, but it didn't work. I also verified the game files. As for mods: I have the mod that removes the silly xp penalty for being overleveled (updated for 1.22 + the scripts have nothing to do with quest scripts).
Post edited June 17, 2016 by slowduck
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Yes.
These quests are not broken. I have completed them all. You should remove all mods -- I don't care that you think they're not responsible; you cannot troubleshoot an installation with third party mods or scripts installed, and you certainly won't get official help while mods are installed.
Unkillable old couple in "without a trace" quest after 1.22.

No mods.
Hickory: These quests are not broken. I have completed them all. You should remove all mods -- I don't care that you think they're not responsible; you cannot troubleshoot an installation with third party mods or scripts installed, and you certainly won't get official help while mods are installed.
I find it very hard to believe that you completed quests from both DLCs + the complete gwent collection of the original game in a time window of 24 hours after release of this patch. As I said, I looked at the script and it has nothing to do with NPC health, quest structure or achievements.
Hickory: These quests are not broken. I have completed them all. You should remove all mods -- I don't care that you think they're not responsible; you cannot troubleshoot an installation with third party mods or scripts installed, and you certainly won't get official help while mods are installed.
slowduck: I find it very hard to believe that you completed quests from both DLCs + the complete gwent collection of the original game in a time window of 24 hours after release of this patch. As I said, I looked at the script and it has nothing to do with NPC health, quest structure or achievements.
What makes you say 24 hours? Besides, have you never heard of previously saved games? You don't have to start from scratch you know. I will say it again, regardless of what you have looked at, you should never troubleshoot such issues with third party mods installed. It's just not a smart thing to do.
slowduck: I find it very hard to believe that you completed quests from both DLCs + the complete gwent collection of the original game in a time window of 24 hours after release of this patch. As I said, I looked at the script and it has nothing to do with NPC health, quest structure or achievements.
Hickory: What makes you say 24 hours? Besides, have you never heard of previously saved games? You don't have to start from scratch you know. I will say it again, regardless of what you have looked at, you should never troubleshoot such issues with third party mods installed. It's just not a smart thing to do.
Well I'm testing your solution and the tourney quest seems to be fixed now. The quest with the two old people is still broken though. Gonna check out the Gwent achievement now.
Hickory: What makes you say 24 hours? Besides, have you never heard of previously saved games? You don't have to start from scratch you know. I will say it again, regardless of what you have looked at, you should never troubleshoot such issues with third party mods installed. It's just not a smart thing to do.
slowduck: Well I'm testing your solution and the tourney quest seems to be fixed now. The quest with the two old people is still broken though. Gonna check out the Gwent achievement now.
Note that it is VERY important that you remove ALL mods and ALL spurious scripts and THEN you must repair/verify your game. This cannot be overstated!
slowduck: Well I'm testing your solution and the tourney quest seems to be fixed now. The quest with the two old people is still broken though. Gonna check out the Gwent achievement now.
Hickory: Note that it is VERY important that you remove ALL mods and ALL spurious scripts and THEN you must repair/verify your game. This cannot be overstated!
Weird, that quest started working again without recompiling the scripts.

Gwent achievement is still broken, but I'm going to verify the game files now.

Thanks for the help btw!

EDIT: Removed all mods + repaired the gamefiles and both the gwent achievement and "without a trace" quest are still broken. I guess I'll have to wait for them to fix this, since I'm not the only one with this problem.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by slowduck
No mods or scripts .In "without a Trace" the peasants are unkillable
Feersum: No mods or scripts .In "without a Trace" the peasants are unkillable
1. Disable Galaxy overlay.
2. Verify/repair your installation.
Feersum: No mods or scripts .In "without a Trace" the peasants are unkillable
Hickory: 1. Disable Galaxy overlay.
2. Verify/repair your installation.
Where do I find this overlay ?
Verified/repaired still same
Overlay disabled still unkillable
Told the halfling it was an accident so at least I can play on