It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

That's what the the patch installer told me in the patch_log.txt. It's the first time I had any problems, I've been patching my installation since release with the standalone/offline installers. Anyone else seen this error message?

I'm not using any mods nor have I ever. It's the normal installation that has only seen patches applied to it.
У меня та же ошибка. Уже написав в поддержку, жду ответа.
leokaizer: У меня та же ошибка. Уже написав в поддержку, жду ответа.
I just installed GOG Galaxy to do a verify on my installation. I don't usually use Galaxy, but I'm thinking in this instance it might be the easiest way to get to an error free installation.
The GOG Galaxy verify has completed now and it said that 5 files were replaced, so I'm going to assume that everything is alright now. I'll find out soon enough, since I'll start playing now. :)
Update 1.30 won't even load the game for me as it appears to be conflicting with the mods I have installed.
Post edited August 30, 2016 by DreamcastRIP
Same thing. I've always been patching manually without any problems. Tried 1.3 and got the same message. Installed GOG and it started downloading 11 gigs (!) of whatever. :\

Why can't I disable auto updates?
Post edited August 30, 2016 by Gendalf
Gendalf: Why can't I disable auto updates?
You can. Click on a game, then more, then settings and there you have updates which you can set to manual, and even rollback to a previous version of a patch!
Santiago: That's what the the patch installer told me in the patch_log.txt. It's the first time I had any problems, I've been patching my installation since release with the standalone/offline installers. Anyone else seen this error message?

I'm not using any mods nor have I ever. It's the normal installation that has only seen patches applied to it.
I got this error. I got around it the long way: I completely uninstalled the game, then re-installed in the following order:

Base game (1.10)
Base game patch 1.10 > 1.22
Base game patch 1.22 > 1.24
Base game patch 1.24 > 1.30

Free DLC 16 pack 1.22
Free DLC patch 1,22 > 1,30

Hearts of Stone 1.22
Hearts of Stone 1.22 > 1.30

Blood and Wine 1.22
Blood and Wine 1.22 > 1.30

No errors, clean install. Good to go.
Santiago: That's what the the patch installer told me in the patch_log.txt. It's the first time I had any problems, I've been patching my installation since release with the standalone/offline installers. Anyone else seen this error message?

Hickory: I got this error. I got around it the long way: I completely uninstalled the game, then re-installed in the following order:

Base game (1.10)

Free DLC 16 pack 1.22

Hearts of Stone 1.22

Blood and Wine 1.22

Пришлось переустанавливать заново, установка прошла без ошибок
Guess I wait for 1.31 and hopefully a fix!

I do not run TW3 on a SSD so screw a new install (1h30m+) just did one about two weeks ago and now can't update...:
setup_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_2.0.0.28
setup_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_2.0.0.28_patch_1.01(release)
11_patch_witcher3_1.01-1.10_2.0.0.40
witcher3_lang_de_2.0.0.40
16.patch_witcher3_1.10-1.22_2.0.0.45
setup_the_witcher3_dlc22_1-16_2.0.0.45_1.22
setup_the_witcher3_exp1_2.0.0.45
setup_the_witcher3_exp2_2.0.0.45
setup_blood_and_wine_lang_pack_2.0.0.45
17. patch_witcher3_1.22-1.24.0_2.0.0.46
no mods
18.patch_witcher3_1.30-2.0.0.51 --> FAIL:
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt patch log
Incorrect version of: G:\games\rpg\The Witcher 3 Wild Hunt\\content\metadata.store

Quiz (noob level):
Name the (likely) BUG...
passionata: I do not run TW3 on a SSD so screw a new install (1h30m+)
Neither do I. My install took around 10-15 minutes, but I wasn't counting.

Hickory: I got this error. I got around it the long way: I completely uninstalled the game, then re-installed in the following order:

Base game (1.10)

Free DLC 16 pack 1.22

Hearts of Stone 1.22

Blood and Wine 1.22

i installed the main game, patched it to 1.22, installed the add-ons, then did the 1.24 Ansel Patch, followed by 1.30 on the main, and now it refuses to apply the 1.30 patches to the add-ons. all three installers say they can't patch due to versions.

now to spend several hours to do it your way. my way didn't work.
Gendalf: Why can't I disable auto updates?
Venita: You can. Click on a game, then more, then settings and there you have updates which you can set to manual, and even rollback to a previous version of a patch!
That's all nice and good, but is this issue with the bad version of metadata.store being addressed? I really don't want to make a clean install and I'm not using GOG Galaxy.
Hmm, yes, any response to this from devs ?

Not very keen to download all again either...
Encountered it on a previous install.

Fix (Completely uninstall game and delete The Witcher 3 directory under GOG, save you gamesaves!)

1. Install base game > patch to 1.22 > patch to 1.24 > patch to 1.30.
2. Install DLCs > patch to 1.30.
3. Install Heart of Stone > patch to 1.30.
4. Install Blood and Wine > patch to 1.30.

No errors. Game launches. Geralt kills.