It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi,

I tried to update my Witcher 3 game via gog Galaxy, normally no problem.
But now Galaxy tell me I have not enough free space on my HDD, this is strange because I have 8.3 GB free space.

Anyone here who have the same problem or a solution for me?
I even tried to update the game manually, but it doesn't work either.

I have both DLC's installed.

Thanks in advance.
Attachments:
witcher3.jpg (65 Kb)
Post edited June 17, 2016 by Ash0705
Ash0705: Hi,

But now Galaxy tell me I have not enough free space on my HDD, this is strange because I have 8.3 GB free space.

Thanks in advance.
Well, the patch simply adds some GB to your installation.
My game folder holds 45.2 GB, and you'll have to add some space needed for saves and other files that the game needs.

Possible solution?

Remove some junk from your HDD, get a secondary drive (they are cheap).
EDIT: your first statement (header) simply is not true >>> the patch DOES work, you only did not provide enough space.
Post edited June 17, 2016 by zerebrush
Ash0705: Hi,

Thanks in advance.
Installers generally need huge amounts of temporary space to do their thing, so move your %TEMP% folder to a drive with more space. How to move the Temp folder.
You've got bigger problems than just this game if you are trying to run your PC with your OS drive at 95% capacity. Get a bigger drive or move stuff out of there.
Updating my game from 1.21 to 1.22 through Galaxy is taking a 13 GB download for some reason. Some other folks are experiencing this as well, see this thread: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/13gb_download_for_122_patch/page1
Xealot42: Updating my game from 1.21 to 1.22 through Galaxy is taking a 13 GB download for some reason. Some other folks are experiencing this as well, see this thread: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/13gb_download_for_122_patch/page1
Don't hijack threads. Make your own.
Xealot42: Updating my game from 1.21 to 1.22 through Galaxy is taking a 13 GB download for some reason. Some other folks are experiencing this as well, see this thread: https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/13gb_download_for_122_patch/page1
Hickory: Don't hijack threads. Make your own.
The OP has 8.27 GB of free space and is getting out of space errors when downloading the latest patch. I informed them that some folks (including myself) are being forced to download 13 GB when updating to the latest patch as shown in the thread I linked.

I'm not sure how that is considered thread hijacking? Perhaps you should take the time to fully read the thread before jumping to conclusions.
Hickory: Don't hijack threads. Make your own.
Xealot42: The OP has 8.27 GB of free space and is getting out of space errors when downloading the latest patch. I informed them that some folks (including myself) are being forced to download 13 GB when updating to the latest patch as shown in the thread I linked.

I'm not sure how that is considered thread hijacking? Perhaps you should take the time to fully read the thread before jumping to conclusions.
My apologies then. I thought you were interjecting with your own set of problems. A misunderstanding.
Xealot42: The OP has 8.27 GB of free space and is getting out of space errors when downloading the latest patch. I informed them that some folks (including myself) are being forced to download 13 GB when updating to the latest patch as shown in the thread I linked.

Hickory: My apologies then. I thought you were interjecting with your own set of problems. A misunderstanding.
No problem, that last sentence may have come out with a bit more snark than I intended!

Anyway, back on topic: I'm going to tough it out and let Galaxy download the full 13 GB since I'm already halfway through with the download.

OP: Perhaps you could try downloading the patch directly from your library on GOG.com? That is showing as a 2 part download for me totaling ~ 2.1 GB.
I deleted some data, I have now over 40 GB free space.
I was confused, because the patchfile on gog.com was only around 2 GB. Galaxy is downloading 15 GB right now.

Why is the manuell installation so small and the Galaxy one so big?
because Galaxy is not only updating the game; it is also updating the DLC package and the expansions.