It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So does the 1.10 patch add the overlay into the game or just achievement notifications? If it adds the overlay, what's the hotkey to pull it up? Also, is there a video of the achievement pop? Is there sound? Im still playing witcher 2 so I don't want to play witcher 3 just yet, but I really wanna see how achievements are handled.

Thanks
spreadtheblood: So does the 1.10 patch add the overlay into the game or just achievement notifications? If it adds the overlay, what's the hotkey to pull it up? Also, is there a video of the achievement pop? Is there sound? Im still playing witcher 2 so I don't want to play witcher 3 just yet, but I really wanna see how achievements are handled.

Thanks
Achievements are platform specific: GOG Galaxy, Steam, XBox Live, PSN. You need to be running TW3 in one of those platforms to access achievements; it has nothing to do with patches.
spreadtheblood: So does the 1.10 patch add the overlay into the game or just achievement notifications? If it adds the overlay, what's the hotkey to pull it up? Also, is there a video of the achievement pop? Is there sound? Im still playing witcher 2 so I don't want to play witcher 3 just yet, but I really wanna see how achievements are handled.

Thanks
Hickory: Achievements are platform specific: GOG Galaxy, Steam, XBox Live, PSN. You need to be running TW3 in one of those platforms to access achievements; it has nothing to do with patches.
Sorry, I should rephrase: I have witcher 3 on gog and I'm using gog galaxy, I thought 1.10 added achievement notifications, just was curious if it added overlay as well
Hickory: Achievements are platform specific: GOG Galaxy, Steam, XBox Live, PSN. You need to be running TW3 in one of those platforms to access achievements; it has nothing to do with patches.
spreadtheblood: Sorry, I should rephrase: I have witcher 3 on gog and I'm using gog galaxy, I thought 1.10 added achievement notifications, just was curious if it added overlay as well
From what I understand (I don't use Galaxy) the overlay is only available if you subscribe to the alternative beta update channel in Galaxy.
spreadtheblood: Sorry, I should rephrase: I have witcher 3 on gog and I'm using gog galaxy, I thought 1.10 added achievement notifications, just was curious if it added overlay as well
Hickory: From what I understand (I don't use Galaxy) the overlay is only available if you subscribe to the alternative beta update channel in Galaxy.
Right, I thought it added the overlay as well, which I've subscribed to...no idea how to use it though.. lol
spreadtheblood: Right, I thought it added the overlay as well, which I've subscribed to...no idea how to use it though.. lol
I think that achievements pop-up are the only overlay element implemented, actually, and they are only available for testing in The Witcher 3. So the only way to use it, for now, is to earn an achievement in game and check if it pops-up.
I guess that more overlay elements will come after this (maybe they will be available in the beta channel, or maybe not).
Hickory: From what I understand (I don't use Galaxy) the overlay is only available if you subscribe to the alternative beta update channel in Galaxy.
I was on the alt beta and it was out of date. You're stuck in pre expac - pre 1.10 (1.08.4 to be exact)
Galaxy Patches =/= Witcher 3 Patches

One has nothing to do with the other, the only thing Witcher 3 Patches can bring at max is compatibility with Galaxy Features.

Galaxy has it's own Patches and Features though.

So just because Witcher 3 was patched, doesn't mean Galaxy was.

As for overlay, there's no overlay whatsoever yet, only a popup for achievements in the beta Galaxy branch, nothing more.
Calmmo1: I was on the alt beta and it was out of date. You're stuck in pre expac - pre 1.10 (1.08.4 to be exact)
The beta channel has been updated to 1.10 for a few weeks now. It took about 3 days for the beta channel to be updated to 1.10 after its release. The only problem is that it is still on 1.10, not 1.11.
Kobi_Blade: Galaxy Patches =/= Witcher 3 Patches

One has nothing to do with the other, the only thing Witcher 3 Patches can bring at max is compatibility with Galaxy Features.

Galaxy has it's own Patches and Features though.

So just because Witcher 3 was patched, doesn't mean Galaxy was.

As for overlay, there's no overlay whatsoever yet, only a popup for achievements in the beta Galaxy branch, nothing more.
Mostly true, just a small correction of your wording. You say "As for overlay, there's no overlay whatsoever yet, only a popup for achievements in the beta Galaxy branch, nothing more."

Truly it is not a patch to Galaxy that adds the W3 achievement overlay, it actually is a patch to the Witcher 3. Because of this, switching to and from the Witcher 3 overlay beta channel in Galaxy requires a reinstall of the Witcher 3 each time.
Post edited October 31, 2015 by vulchor
if you're getting frequent crashes with the Witcher 3, turn off the in game overlay. made a world of difference for me, no crashes anymore