It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a Microsoft PC controller that is designed to use as the Xbox 360 controller... but my game just senses the keyboard and mouse, how do I get my xbox style controller to work ?

TIA
I have an Xbox 360 controller too. It is plugged into the USB port. I didnt have to do anything, it worked perfectly from the start. If I press any of the buttons or the sticks on it, the game interface changes to console interface, and I can use my pad without any difficulties. Never had to do anything with it, it just worked from the start.

If you dont have a genuine xbox controller it may not work, so i suggest you to buy a genuine xbox 360 controller to avoid these kind of difficulties in the future. But if you can set your pad to xinput it will work.

Also you can try out the program named x360ce, that should do the trick. But in the long shot, youll be better if you buy a genuine x360 pad that works with any game without any problems.
Post edited May 30, 2015 by Stevensan
You need the drivers installed. You can find them here:

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/d/xbox-360-controller-for-windows
If you are referring to a wireless xbox 360 controller your pc won't detect it unless you buy a wireless USB receiver adapter for it. You can buy one through amazon or go to your local electronic store that sells xbox products.
Post edited May 30, 2015 by vbiasi
Lizziepoo: I have a Microsoft PC controller that is designed to use as the Xbox 360 controller... but my game just senses the keyboard and mouse, how do I get my xbox style controller to work ?

TIA
Watch this video: https://youtu.be/InwN0fyHy0w
Lizziepoo: I have a Microsoft PC controller that is designed to use as the Xbox 360 controller... but my game just senses the keyboard and mouse, how do I get my xbox style controller to work ?

TIA
mymedallion.736: Watch this video: https://youtu.be/InwN0fyHy0w
meh seriously a vid for plug and play hardware made me lol :P
Post edited May 30, 2015 by vbiasi
mymedallion.736: Watch this video: https://youtu.be/InwN0fyHy0w
vbiasi: meh seriously a vid for plug and play hardware made me lol :P
Is not a video just for plug and play a device. Video also explain how to configure your receiver and how pc may recognize it.
If is a wireless controller the process is a little bit more far than just plug and play.

And "seroiusly" make a comment about something you didnt watch to the end made ME lol :P
Post edited May 30, 2015 by mymedallion.736
vbiasi: meh seriously a vid for plug and play hardware made me lol :P
mymedallion.736: Is not a video just for plug and play a device. Video also explain how to configure your receiver and how pc may recognize it.
If is a wireless controller the process is a little bit more far than just plug and play.

And "seroiusly" make a comment about something you didnt watch to the end made ME lol :P
lol you'd like that wouldn't you :P
vbiasi: If you are referring to a wireless xbox 360 controller your pc won't detect it unless you buy a wireless USB receiver adapter for it. You can buy one through amazon or go to your local electronic store that sells xbox products.
even if the controller you are using is plugged in? I have a wireless controller, but I have it plugged in via USB cable. Do I still need to buy the receiver? Thanks.
vbiasi: If you are referring to a wireless xbox 360 controller your pc won't detect it unless you buy a wireless USB receiver adapter for it. You can buy one through amazon or go to your local electronic store that sells xbox products.
avengerc4: even if the controller you are using is plugged in? I have a wireless controller, but I have it plugged in via USB cable. Do I still need to buy the receiver? Thanks.
Nope that's just for wireless. For USB version the driver should auto install when you plug it in. If now use the download link given by Random_Coffee
Post edited June 11, 2015 by vbiasi
avengerc4: even if the controller you are using is plugged in? I have a wireless controller, but I have it plugged in via USB cable. Do I still need to buy the receiver? Thanks.
vbiasi: Nope that's just for wireless. For USB version the driver should auto install when you plug it in. If now use the download link given by Random_Coffee
thanks. I couldn't figure out how to make it work even with the drivers downloaded. It kept turning on my xbox so I bought a wired controller and that works just fine.
vbiasi: Nope that's just for wireless. For USB version the driver should auto install when you plug it in. If now use the download link given by Random_Coffee
avengerc4: thanks. I couldn't figure out how to make it work even with the drivers downloaded. It kept turning on my xbox so I bought a wired controller and that works just fine.
Are you talking about a usb cable like from the charging kit for wireless 360 controllers? If so, that doesn't send any information, it can only be used to charge the controller. Even when you plug the controller into a 360 using that, all inputs are sent wireless, and the only thing the cable does is charge the battery.

TIA
!!! READ THIS ITS A FIX !!!

https://www.gog.com/forum/the_witcher_3_wild_hunt/microsoft_wireless_receiver_and_the_wireless_xbox_360_controller_stopped_working
Post edited October 09, 2016 by oIVICAo