It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

How does it perform ? Thanks

And also . can i use GoG to let my friend download this game DRM free as well? Or is that illegal ? Cheers
DayRider: And also . can i use GoG to let my friend download this game DRM free as well? Or is that illegal ?
No. DRM-free does not mean 'free'. Section 8.1.e of CD Projekt Red's agreement states:

"Don't copy, rent, lend, lease, sublicense, distribute, publicly display any of CD PROJEKT RED games or services."
DayRider: How does it perform ? Thanks
I have a GTX970, and i can keep most parameters to high with no problems. However, at least on my end, there are 2 annoyances i always need to do before starting the game

-Either completely disable nvidia drivers, or set them to Debug Mode, Under the ? setting

If i don't do this, the drivers keep crashing randomly when overclocking the GPU running this game

-Keep the GPU overclock no higher then 1380, give or take a few MHZ depending on drivers version

Anything higher end up making the game unstable for some reason

As a last tips, this article helped solving FPS dropping problems on more then a few rig, may or may not benefit you:

https://www.reddit.com/r/witcher/comments/3o9dok/delete_or_rename_d3d11dll_if_you_have_performance/
DayRider: And also . can i use GoG to let my friend download this game DRM free as well? Or is that illegal ? Cheers
Only you can download the game in your account, it's legal to install the game in another computer in your house, but not giving it to anyone else, nor letting anyone else login in your account or giving setup to other people/internet
DayRider: How does it perform ? Thanks
On nexusmods a guy had performance problems when installing high res texture mods, possibly due to the 970's vram limitation.
DayRider: And also . can i use GoG to let my friend download this game DRM free as well? Or is that illegal ?
Hickory: No. DRM-free does not mean 'free'. Section 8.1.e of CD Projekt Red's agreement states:

"Don't copy, rent, lend, lease, sublicense, distribute, publicly display any of CD PROJEKT RED games or services."
Just because it says you shouldnt, Doesnt mean you cant ?
Hickory: No. DRM-free does not mean 'free'. Section 8.1.e of CD Projekt Red's agreement states:

DayRider: Just because it says you shouldnt, Doesnt mean you cant ?
Was that a question? The agreement is legally binding. You agree to it when you buy a CDP product, like any other product. You are agreeing to abide by the terms of the agreement. It is not saying "we think you should not do this", it is saying "you MUST NOT do this". You asked if it is illegal. Yes, it IS illegal.
Post edited April 20, 2016 by Hickory

And this is why we can't have nice things...
CDP is one of the good guys. Why would you want to cheat them by pirating their product?
Post edited April 21, 2016 by marakinta

marakinta: And this is why we can't have nice things...
CDP is one of the good guys. Why would you want to cheat them by pirating their product?
Im not pirating ? I bought the product? I just want my friend to try it out.
marakinta: And this is why we can't have nice things...
DayRider: Im not pirating ? I bought the product? I just want my friend to try it out.
Then tell your friend to come over to yours to try it out, or to buy it.

And why do you (ab)use question marks so often? A question mark denotes a direct question, not a statement.
To OPs original question. 970 owner here. The 970 performs perfectly fine in TW3. I personally run everything maxed at 1080p.
k4ZE106: To OPs original question. 970 owner here. The 970 performs perfectly fine in TW3. I personally run everything maxed at 1080p.
are u on a amd cpu? or intel and have u had any crashes from this game. I was playing the game fine and when i quit my game and turned my pc off so i can come back to it later, after a a hour i turned on my pc back on only to find a error message saying: a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart, and a blue screen message saying the following: bad system config info.

I have no idea how that has happened but i heard slight OC on gpu/cpu causes this game issues. My gpu is from MSI and its a gtx 980 factory oc I didnt touch it and my cpu is a 15 4690k at 4.1ghzt which I overclocked.

Thanks
k4ZE106: To OPs original question. 970 owner here. The 970 performs perfectly fine in TW3. I personally run everything maxed at 1080p.
AliAbbasGTX980: are u on a amd cpu? or intel and have u had any crashes from this game. I was playing the game fine and when i quit my game and turned my pc off so i can come back to it later, after a a hour i turned on my pc back on only to find a error message saying: a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart, and a blue screen message saying the following: bad system config info.

I have no idea how that has happened but i heard slight OC on gpu/cpu causes this game issues. My gpu is from MSI and its a gtx 980 factory oc I didnt touch it and my cpu is a 15 4690k at 4.1ghzt which I overclocked.

Thanks
Yours seems a windows or hard disk problem, if the erreor is correct, your GPU has nothing to do with it

I suppose you have restored windows with it's own recover function? If you did, check out your hard drive integrity with a deep scan, scandisk program can do it but it will take a while

If your disk is fine, you can usually archive this error as a not so uncommon Windows problem. If it happen again relatively soon, you may want to check out your mother board, more then a few have flawed components that begin deteriorating after barely a year of use, not powering up components properly, usually the CPU
AliAbbasGTX980: are u on a amd cpu? or intel and have u had any crashes from this game. I was playing the game fine and when i quit my game and turned my pc off so i can come back to it later, after a a hour i turned on my pc back on only to find a error message saying: a disk error occurred press ctrl+alt+del to restart, and a blue screen message saying the following: bad system config info.

Thanks
Catrhis: Yours seems a windows or hard disk problem, if the erreor is correct, your GPU has nothing to do with it

I suppose you have restored windows with it's own recover function? If you did, check out your hard drive integrity with a deep scan, scandisk program can do it but it will take a while

If your disk is fine, you can usually archive this error as a not so uncommon Windows problem. If it happen again relatively soon, you may want to check out your mother board, more then a few have flawed components that begin deteriorating after barely a year of use, not powering up components properly, usually the CPU
Thank you friend, after updating to the newest gog version and the latest version of witcher 3 my problem hasnt returned. So it could be possible the game could have triggered something but other then that i played for over a hour today and no issues. Thank you
I have an older 970 (2gb), and it runs surprisingly well. Keeping hair works off and grass draw distance, object detail and crowd density on medium, I can maintain a very solid 45-60fps at 1080p. As long as you enable triple buffering, the dips down to 45 are hardly noticeable and the game feels very smooth.

If I can get this result on a 770, your 979 should do just fine.

^ That was supposed to say "older 770".
Post edited April 23, 2016 by TheTonyShow
I recently reinstalled the game and I've a GTX 970, it runs very well actually. Even better with some tweaking to lower long-distance content like grass and trees. Here's a superb in-game mod to do it so you have to use text files: Ultimate Graphics Options Mod

I highly recommend to not use it with NMM as it appeared not to be working for me but immediately worked when I installed it manually.