It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

- Updated automatically with Galaxy - 13 GB - Compiled ok - Black Screen at launch
- Removed mods (only 4, 3 of which are minor visual stuff like clean Marguerita and Black Wolven Set - Full xp dfor quests compiled ok but removed them all) - Black Screen at launch
- Downloaded the individual files for 1.22 (2.7 GB - although it says 2.1GB - game already patched
- Reinstalled BAW from individual GOG files - game already patched
- Re-rolled to 1.21 with Galaxy (another 13 GB download) - Black Screen at launch
- Installed 1.22 from individual GOG files - Black Screen at launch
- Restored Mod folder - compiled ok - Black Screen at launch
- Deleted Storage folder from Program Data/GOG - imported the game folder again alright but that didn't help either!

I'm out of ideas! Please help!

1.21 was great to me up to when I got Roach Stuck at that quest. And by coincidence, when I got there, Galaxy started downloading 1.22. Could never launch the game after that. With Galaxy or without it, all I get is Black Screen at launch!
Post edited June 16, 2016 by RageGT
Uninstall the game. Uninstall Galaxy. Download installers manually. Install manually. Game fixed.
RageGT: - Updated automatically with Galaxy - 13 GB - Compiled ok - Black Screen at launch
- Removed mods (only 4, 3 of which are minor visual stuff like clean Marguerita and Black Wolven Set - Full xp dfor quests compiled ok but removed them all) - Black Screen at launch
- Downloaded the individual files for 1.22 (2.7 GB - although it says 2.1GB - game already patched
- Reinstalled BAW from individual GOG files - game already patched
- Re-rolled to 1.21 with Galaxy (another 13 GB download) - Black Screen at launch
- Installed 1.22 from individual GOG files - Black Screen at launch
- Restored Mod folder - compiled ok - Black Screen at launch
- Deleted Storage folder from Program Data/GOG - imported the game folder again alright but that didn't help either!

I'm out of ideas! Please help!

1.21 was great to me up to when I got Roach Stuck at that quest. And by coincidence, when I got there, Galaxy started downloading 1.22. Could never launch the game after that. With Galaxy or without it, all I get is Black Screen at launch!
Great to know someone els is having issues with this new patch....i litraly got my game working with my mods and everything on 1.21 and then bam this comes out and now i cant even load the game..no error no black screen..nothing happens.. wtf
Hickory: Uninstall the game. Uninstall Galaxy. Download installers manually. Install manually. Game fixed.
I hope this is a joke..and not a serious answer
Post edited June 16, 2016 by domfather
Hickory: Uninstall the game. Uninstall Galaxy. Download installers manually. Install manually. Game fixed.
domfather: I hope this is a joke..and not a serious answer
It's a serious answer, IF you want a serious solution. Galaxy (and mods) is the root cause of the majority of issues you see complained about in this and other forums. It's a terrible buggy mess currently. Your choice.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by Hickory
domfather: Great to know someone els is having issues with this new patch....i litraly got my game working with my mods and everything on 1.21 and then bam this comes out and now i cant even load the game..no error no black screen..nothing happens.. wtf
Yeah, I don't take these suggestions seriously either. I love Galaxy and have no issues with it since game release over a year ago and 1570 hours playing. True, for BAW I had to download the files from GOG and delete storage from Program Data/Galaxy and import the game folder, which worked pretty well. as suggested by Liosan from GOG Galaxy team. - Then 1.21 was running just great with Galaxy.

Apparently Galaxy is having some issues when updating the game after BAW release. I did uninstalled the game and I am installing again from d/l as an desperate attempt. I have the DVD's box edition but I need to hit the road and won't be here to change DVD's so I'll leave it d/l'ing and doing everything fresh from Galaxy. Hope it works tho. Will know it only at the end of the day (6:40am now. I expect to be back around 6 pm) *fingers crossed*
RageGT: I love Galaxy and have no issues with it since game release over a year ago
Your subsequent words say otherwise! Sheesh!
domfather: Great to know someone els is having issues with this new patch....i litraly got my game working with my mods and everything on 1.21 and then bam this comes out and now i cant even load the game..no error no black screen..nothing happens.. wtf

I hope this is a joke..and not a serious answer
RageGT: Yeah, I don't take these suggestions seriously either. I love Galaxy and have no issues with it since game release over a year ago and 1570 hours playing. True, for BAW I had to download the files from GOG and delete storage from Program Data/Galaxy and import the game folder, which worked pretty well. as suggested by Liosan from GOG Galaxy team. - Then 1.21 was running just great with Galaxy.

Apparently Galaxy is having some issues when updating the game after BAW release. I did uninstalled the game and I am installing again from d/l as an desperate attempt. I have the DVD's box edition but I need to hit the road and won't be here to change DVD's so I'll leave it d/l'ing and doing everything fresh from Galaxy. Hope it works tho. Will know it only at the end of the day (6:40am now. I expect to be back around 6 pm) *fingers crossed*
i dont want to run the risk of going through a procedure that is just going to end up back were i started. why would i haver to redownload galaxy clent along with witcher 3 when its a fresh install in the fist place and was working totaly fine before this stupid update. i have 3 mods that are script..in any case when i click the play button its green then gose to gray then gose to green again...i dont even get a screen with the game or a black screen or anything.. i have totaly unistalled all the mods.. deleted there files etc so the game is vanila as it can be and still this shit is happening. i doubt reinstrallling the game is going to do anything. its the patch..
Hickory: It's a serious answer, IF you want a serious solution. Galaxy (and mods) is the root cause of the majority of issues you see complained about in this and other forums. It's a terrible buggy mess currently. Your choice.
Well, like I said, I like Galaxy and I have never had an issue with it in over 1570 hours playing the game. And it has improved a lot since the first version. It is not a Galaxy issue because I could always launch the game OUT of galaxy, directly from the .exe and it worked fine. But I wouldn't know I have over 1570 played without Galaxy, would I? And now game won't lauch from the .exe as well. Galaxy is not intrusive as Origin or Steam (never had it but heard about it) Origin doesn't let me play some Bioware games released after Origin without using Origin. Galaxy does.
RageGT: I love Galaxy and have no issues with it since game release over a year ago
Hickory: Your subsequent words say otherwise! Sheesh!
It was not a Galaxy issue. Even if it was, but it was so simple and solved so quickly.
RageGT: Well, like I said, I like Galaxy and I have never had an issue with it in over 1570 hours playing the game.
That's not what you said at all.
Hickory: It's a serious answer, IF you want a serious solution. Galaxy (and mods) is the root cause of the majority of issues you see complained about in this and other forums. It's a terrible buggy mess currently. Your choice.
RageGT: Well, like I said, I like Galaxy and I have never had an issue with it in over 1570 hours playing the game. And it has improved a lot since the first version. It is not a Galaxy issue because I could always launch the game OUT of galaxy, directly from the .exe and it worked fine. But I wouldn't know I have over 1570 played without Galaxy, would I? And now game won't lauch from the .exe as well. Galaxy is not intrusive as Origin or Steam (never had it but heard about it) Origin doesn't let me play some Bioware games released after Origin without using Origin. Galaxy does.
right well i can confirm its not galaxy since i cant even run the dam game from the exe ..nothing happens. no loading no screen..just nothing. and if i run from galaxy as i said before the button grays out and then gose bafck to green again...somthing has seriosuly gon wrong in this patch update..
yet other games on my galaxy client work fine with no problem. run from the client or the exe. but not with witcher 3..and i unmoded my game..the patch has fucked my game up and i cant even run it anymore even from the exe. i get no errors or anything.the game refuses to even start.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by domfather
domfather: i dont want to run the risk of going through a procedure that is just going to end up back were i started. why would i haver to redownload galaxy clent along with witcher 3 when its a fresh install in the fist place and was working totaly fine before this stupid update. i have 3 mods that are script..in any case when i click the play button its green then gose to gray then gose to green again...i dont even get a screen with the game or a black screen or anything.. i have totaly unistalled all the mods.. deleted there files etc so the game is vanila as it can be and still this shit is happening. i doubt reinstrallling the game is going to do anything. its the patch..
I too believe it is the patch. Already reported through CDPR support form, sent the dxdiag and the latest save file and the description of all I did, plus a LONG RANT POST in TW forums where I am a regular member. And since I have nothing else to do... gotta leave town for some work in 10 mins, I'll leave the game redownloading THROUGH Galaxy. I'm not reinstalling Galaxy. It is already installed and working fine. If there was some issue with some files I changed with mods, that might fix it. If it is indeed the patch, just uninstalling Galaxy won't solve it anyway.

And, like I said, I could launch the game without Galaxy anytime I wished. My game is DVD version and the .exe file used to launch alright, up to 1.22. (Now it launches a black screen loop just like through Galaxy). I just like Galaxy for the achievements and clocking how many hours I spent with the game.
Hickory: Your subsequent words say otherwise! Sheesh!
RageGT: It was not a Galaxy issue. Even if it was, but it was so simple and solved so quickly.
I give up!
RageGT: Well, like I said, I like Galaxy and I have never had an issue with it in over 1570 hours playing the game.
Hickory: That's not what you said at all.
I'm afraid that is what I said. The issue I had with BAW installation might not be caused by Galaxy. I got compiling errors after it installed BAW through Galaxy and when I removed the mods and tried a verify/repair, Galaxy would get stuck at checking file list. (I could still launch the game from the .exe out of Galaxy alright). That may be an issue but I solved it in less than 10 minutes with the help of a GOG Galaxy team member.

Now it is the .exe file which is not working either without or with Galaxy.

Thanks for your help though. I just don't bash Galaxy after being forced to use Origin for ME3 and DAI. DA:O, DA2, ME1 and ME2 which Origin tries to force me to play through it, I do refuse and will never let Origin even know I play them! =))
right well i fixed it.. uninstalling galaxy and reinstalling the game is not what you need to do..so dont do that. glad i dident go ahead with it... what i did.. whent into the witcher 3 settings under "more" unticked game overlay. game worked.. whent back into settings ticked over lay..game worked..i have no idea why. but that is the solution for me. dunno about mods though. i wll try them now and see.
domfather: right well i fixed it.. uninstalling galaxy and reinstalling the game is not what you need to do..so dont do that. glad i dident go ahead with it... what i did.. whent into the witcher 3 settings under "more" unticked game overlay. game worked.. whent back into settings ticked over lay..game worked..i have no idea why. but that is the solution for me. dunno about mods though. i wll try them now and see.
Too late for me though. It is already uninstalled and downloading. When I get home later today I'll know what to try then. Thanks!