It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there,

first of all I have to say that my overall performance was better with 1.08. I never had any crashes nor did I have very low frame rates. After installing the patch, I realized that my frames dropped for at least 5 fps ( I know how many fps I had in specific areas) but the most annoying thing are the crashes. These Desktop-Crashes come out of nowhere without warning ;> as always...for me this is game breaking, this must be fixed. I did not have any crashes at all before 1.10.

Thanks for reading
Post edited October 10, 2015 by lowl1fe
lowl1fe: Hi there,

first of all I have to say that my overall performance was better with 1.08. I never had any crashes nor did I have very low frame rates. After installing the patch, I realized that my frames dropped for at least 5 fps ( I know how many fps I had in specific areas) but the most annoying thing are the crashes. These Desktop-Crashes come out of nowhere without warning ;> as always...for me this is game breaking, this must be fixed. I did not have any crashes at all before 1.10.

Thanks for reading
You using an NVidia GPU?!
lowl1fe: Hi there,

Thanks for reading
Kobi_Blade: You using an NVidia GPU?!
Yes I do, a 760 GTX.
Crashes here too, about every 10 minutes, no warning, just drop to desktop.

running on
AMD HD 7870
Yep, same for me since 1.10 patch. I had absolutely no crashes prior to this patch on 80+ hours.
Running on an AMD 7950.

I'm sad.
Can't even start the game any more. Worked fine before latest patch.

[i] Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: witcher3.exe
Application Version: 3.0.5.62759
Application Timestamp: 56098f0f
Fault Module Name: StackHash_1dc2
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 0000000000000000
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057
Additional Information 1: 1dc2
Additional Information 2: 1dc22fb1de37d348f27e54dbb5278e7d
Additional Information 3: eae3
Additional Information 4: eae36a4b5ffb27c9d33117f4125a75c2
[/i]
Hi there.

Had exactly the same Problem .
Game did run fine with 1.08.04 and never had a crash.
Updated to 1.10 and got random CDTs with no pattern.

Fixed it with a suggestion from a different User for a somewhat similar Problem here in the Forums.
Renaming (not deleting) "d3d11.dll" and "dxgi.dll" into something else did do the trick for me.
(i just added ".bak" to the filenames).
Both files are located in "witcher 3\bin\x64" folder.

Hope it helps you as it did help me. no crash after that whatsoever.

Cheers
Post edited October 11, 2015 by hpq0235sa
I'm getting crashes too. First time I loaded the game through GOG Galaxy, i had a bunch of visual errors. I had a heck of a time getting the game to actually load after that. I can't load it through the shortcut I created in Steam anymore either.
I had to run the GoG Galaxy as an administrator. Then I was able to play. I died, and upon selecting load, the game crashed to desktop.

AMD 7870 - Win 7x64
Post edited October 11, 2015 by disporting
hpq0235sa: Hi there.

Fixed it with a suggestion from a different User for a somewhat similar Problem here in the Forums.
Renaming (not deleting) "d3d11.dll" and "dxgi.dll" into something else did do the trick for me.

Cheers
Does it not have any side effects when renaming these files? Such as missing animations or worse graphics?
Rock stable performance with version 1.08

Now the game crashes all the time with no error messages. 9 out of 10 times it crashes when it starts a cutscene, or during a cutscene.

I am now at the female bard cutscene and it is impossible to get past it. The game will always crash at some point at the start/during/end of the cutscene.

i5-2500K
7970GHz edition
8GB Ram
the game runs from a Samsung SSD

UPDATE: I confirm that by renaming the d3d11.dll and dxgi.dll so that the game doesn't use them the game doesn't crash anymore.
Post edited October 11, 2015 by pantherakos
hpq0235sa: Hi there.

Cheers
lowl1fe: Does it not have any side effects when renaming these files? Such as missing animations or worse graphics?
could be but i didn't notice a difference. game runs, at least for me, as smooth as before the 1.10 patch.
played it 5 hours in a row, not a single crash.
Several people seem to report this. Best wait until there's a hotfix to play the game? I can bear framedrops, but I can't stand CTD's for obvious reasons.
Thank you, thank you!

The renaming of the two files did the trick!

Before: Crashed at every autosave and in most story sequences, so about every ten minutes. Have played after renaming the .dll files for four hours, no problem so far.
Since I'm using a GeForce video card, I just reinstalled the older drivers and voila, the crashes were gone and it runs better again, not that good than before the patch, but good enough.
Post edited October 11, 2015 by lowl1fe
My game ocasionally crashes when I talk to a NPC. It's only happening with the latest patch (1.10).

I'm running Windows 10 with an i5 2500K and a AMD 290
Post edited October 12, 2015 by SynapseR