It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The title says it all, I have more than 330 hours in this game and I was running it with a 970 GTX. I've bought a new GTX 1070 so I can play this game properly. There wasn't any problem a week ago, the game reached 60 fps easily, but now the game is a mess performance wise.

Here's my config !

GTX 1070 ( 8GB VRAM)
I7 4790K
12 GB ram

Help please ! :)
Hi there,

Novigrad can cause most systems to "choke" a bit, so if you are just talking about that I am not surprised. I am playing on a similar system - and I also experience slowdowns in the grand city. I think it is the coding more than anything else. However, if the problems have started after you bought a GTX 1070 there are some things you should try doing.

1. Make sure you have the newest Nvidia drivers. The GTX 1070 is such a new card so you could be experiencing driver issues - given that you are using an older version. Always keep your drivers up to date.

2. It could be unrelated to the new graphics card - it could be corrupt or missing files. Try deleting all mods and reinstalling the game. (If you are using GOG Galaxy just use the "verify/repair" function and do not reinstall - sometimes you can miss certain visual C++ files after patching it seems).

3. Make sure your PSU is working properly and make sure your system is sufficiently cooled. Overheating can also cause slowdowns and even sudden shutdowns.

I hope you can use some of this advice. And by the way: Congratulations with your GTX 1070!
I seem to be getting 60 FPS with everything turned on max (at 1980x1200 resolution) except for hairworks turned off.

I do get a little screen tearing with quick turning of the camera. Does anybody else get this? Anything I can do to minimize that effect?

Computer: MSI MS-7930
CPU: Intel Core i5-4590 (Haswell-DT Refresh, C0)
3300 MHz (33.00x100.0) @ 3600 MHz (36.00x100.0)
Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI PLUS (MS-7930)
Chipset: Intel Z97
Memory: 16384 MBytes @ 800 MHz, 11-11-11-28
- 4096 MB PC12800 DDR3 SDRAM - G Skill F3-12800CL9-4GBRL
Graphics: GIGABYTE GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070, 8192 MB GDDR5 SDRAM
Drive: OCZ-ARC100, 234.4 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: ST1000DM003-1CH162, 976.8 GB, Serial ATA 6Gb/s @ 6Gb/s
Drive: HL-DT-ST BD-RE WH10LS30, BD-R
Sound: Intel 9-series Chipset - High Definition Audio Controller [A0]
Sound: NVIDIA GP104 - High Definition Audio Controller
Network: Intel Ethernet Connection I218-V
I'm getting the exact same thing and it's driving me fucking crazy. I was using an Phenom II Black edition X4 955 and a 7870, but the 7870 died so I replaced it with an r9 380x. With the 7870, I had most post processing on and most of the graphics set to low/med, but I had background characters set to high. When in towns, my fps was the exact same as outside of towns, which was a steady 45. Now, with my r9 380x, I can't even get above fucking 32 fps in towns, even if I set every single video option the lowest it can go and turn all post processing off. Meanwhile, I can get 50-60 fps outside of towns with everything set to high and a few to ultra.

Also, by towns I mean Crow's Perch, Oxenfurt, and Novigrad. I have yet to get to skellige or the DLC, but I don't imagine those towns will be much different.

Oh, and I'm also quite positive there's a memory leak, as I start the game and it runs at 2.3gb of memory used, none of it precached. In a few hours, task manager will tell me it's 7+gb of not-precached memory used, which will eventually get to the point where it crashes explorer because windows uses 1gb to run and I just have 8gb of ram.
Post edited July 14, 2016 by Bargoss
Bargoss: which will eventually get to the point where it crashes explorer because windows uses 1gb to run and I just have 8gb of ram.
Probably from your paging file, make sure it's set to Windows managed.

That should resolve Explorer crashing, although it doesn't help with framerate.
Bargoss: I'm getting the exact same thing and it's driving me fucking crazy. I was using an Phenom II Black edition X4 955 and a 7870, but the 7870 died so I replaced it with an r9 380x. With the 7870, I had most post processing on and most of the graphics set to low/med, but I had background characters set to high. When in towns, my fps was the exact same as outside of towns, which was a steady 45. Now, with my r9 380x, I can't even get above fucking 32 fps in towns, even if I set every single video option the lowest it can go and turn all post processing off. Meanwhile, I can get 50-60 fps outside of towns with everything set to high and a few to ultra.

Also, by towns I mean Crow's Perch, Oxenfurt, and Novigrad. I have yet to get to skellige or the DLC, but I don't imagine those towns will be much different.

Oh, and I'm also quite positive there's a memory leak, as I start the game and it runs at 2.3gb of memory used, none of it precached. In a few hours, task manager will tell me it's 7+gb of not-precached memory used, which will eventually get to the point where it crashes explorer because windows uses 1gb to run and I just have 8gb of ram.
I'm running the game on max settings with a FX 8350 processor and R9 380 card with 16GB of 1866 at 2560X1080 with no problems. Maybe look into upgrading your processor.
Post edited July 16, 2016 by fugno
I hate to repeat myself, but again: Check your PSU and cooling. Novigrad is a challenge for all systems meaning that your temperature (and power consumption) is going to peak. It sounds a bit like that could be the issue to me.
Turning on Vsync fixed my issues.