It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

mwnn: If it's a fight you want as I suspect Hickory...

...you could always hop on a train to Lille and take on some Russians ;)

It sounds like they need reinforcement over there! =D
Typical juvenile mentality. You know what they say: those who cry loudest are those whose views are questioned.
Hickory: Typical juvenile mentality. You know what they say: those who cry loudest are those whose views are questioned.
How's this for an official response?
http://i.imgur.com/qeam1UD.jpg

Issue acknowledged. Currently deciding on best solution.

Well played sir ;)
Post edited June 16, 2016 by mwnn
Hickory: Typical juvenile mentality. You know what they say: those who cry loudest are those whose views are questioned.
mwnn: How's this for an official response?
http://i.imgur.com/qeam1UD.jpg
That's all well and good, but it does not answer my original question, and the reason for me being in this thread in the first place, which was you stating:
"Apparently as of v1.22 the only files that should be present in the patch0 folder are:"
with me asking for your source of this information. I still see no official confirmation of this. The fact that CDP have replied with a "we're looking into it" doesn't confirm that those are the only two files that should be in there. It may turn out that this is the case, but my question was and is valid.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by Hickory
@Hickory

What is wrong with you? Read my posts to understand what the proof is and where we got it from. If you don't understand, then leave this thread.

Are there moderators around who can ban this spammer/troll, who does not know what he is talking about?
Post edited June 16, 2016 by TK_GvR
TK_GvR: leave this thread.
Request denied.
Thank you so much mwnn for figuring out a fix for this bug! Great job dude.
Thank you mwnn. These manual fixes you listed have helped multiple people who were screwed over by the faulty GOG patchers, as evidenced [url=http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/100611-GOG-vs-GOG-Galaxy-files-(missing-something-)?p=2612191&viewfull=1#post2612191]here[/url]. Hopefully soon there will be an official fix or statement.
If I am reading this right, then the fix needs me to

- delete some files
- use Galaxy to mend what is left?

No way for me to use Galaxy in the current state of being unfinished.
zerebrush: If I am reading this right, then the fix needs me to
- delete some files
You don't have to use Galaxy - I only recommended that for the paranoid who don't trust my fix.

Galaxy will remove those files when verifying - which validates what I've been saying.

All you really have to do is:
> Install the game using the installers
> Leave the following files untouched in patch0:

<> sounds.cache
<> enpc.w3speech (or whatever language file you use)

> All other files should be removed

This will correct mutagen icons and skill descriptions.

We're all awaiting CDPR to release more patches and hopefully unify all the files between all the different platforms. Galaxy is missing some files which are in the STEAM & GoG installer release.

As it stands today installing the game with the installers will cause broken skill descriptions & incorrect mutagen icons.

GoG may have to issue a new base game installer or they may rectify with a hotfix - I did report it to GoG but got referred to CDPR.

It's strange that a 6 GB cache file is missing only in the GALAXY release - it's been reported that the missing cache file can cause cutscene slowdown but the game will run without it.

To be honest I'm not sure how a silly mistake like this could happen - you'd think there would be a single "master copy" of game files and not several different branches.
Post edited June 23, 2016 by mwnn
zerebrush: If I am reading this right, then the fix needs me to
- delete some files
mwnn: You don't have to use Galaxy - I only recommended that for the paranoid who don't trust my fix.

Galaxy will remove those files when verifying - which validates what I've been saying.

All you really have to do is:
> Install the game using the installers
> Leave the following files untouched in patch0:

<> sounds.cache
<> enpc.w3speech (or whatever language file you use)

> All other files should be removed

This will correct mutagen icons and skill descriptions.

We're all awaiting CDPR to release more patches and hopefully unify all the files between all the different platforms. Galaxy is missing some files which are in the STEAM & GoG installer release.

As it stands today installing the game with the installers will cause broken skill descriptions & incorrect mutagen icons.

GoG may have to issue a new base game installer or they may rectify with a hotfix - I did report it to GoG but got referred to CDPR.

It's strange that a 6 GB cache file is missing only in the GALAXY release - it's been reported that the missing cache file can cause cutscene slowdown but the game will run without it.

To be honest I'm not sure how a silly mistake like this could happen - you'd think there would be a single "master copy" of game files and not several different branches.
OK, did it, got the new visuals - thank you for looking into this :).
An [url=http://forums.cdprojektred.com/threads/100611-GOG-vs-GOG-Galaxy-files-(missing-something-)?p=2618121&viewfull=1#post2618121]official response[/url] to this topic confirms that this manual fix should be safe, for those who encounter this problem.
^^ Well, that's nor really an official response. That guy is just a forum moderator, not even related with the game's developing team. Basically he knows just the same as us, sometimes even less as his wrong posts prove.
Post edited June 25, 2016 by Lobuno
Lobuno: ^^ Well, that's nor really an official response. That guy is just a forum moderator, not even related with the game's developing team. Basically he knows just the same as us, sometimes even less as his wrong posts prove.
My impression from the PM's he sent me is that he has some kind of dialogue going on with CDPR developers, not just generally, but also about this specific topic.

I don't see why you'd want to argue against him in this case anyway, he finally acknowledged the problem is real and the fix should be safe. :)
I only stated his posts are NOT an "official response" in any way. What he said is exactly what he/we think about the issue after personal experimentation with the files (i.e. deleting files from the game folder, crossing fingers). The developer CDProject has not made ANY official statement about the issue.

PS. I still have some wrong text descriptions for the skills after deleting the "offending" files, to be precise with the skills introduced by the DLC, but haven't checked every other skill to see if there are more issues with them.
Post edited June 29, 2016 by Lobuno
mwnn,

Thank you for initiating this thread. Although I never had issues with character panel descriptions, I did find discrepancies in the notice boards. Some of the contracts were being displayed in Polish characters, myn witcher 3 is an english version so I contracts should be in english. I followed you walk around fix, and now i don't see anymore contract written in Polish. Regarding the mutagens, I didn't realized they have updated the appearance of it in v1.22. Following your fix, mutagens now have the newer looks in mu Witcher 3.

I just wish I find a solution for fixing crashes. I am being plauged by crashes playing blood and wine. I never had crashes this bad, it's impossible to finish this expansion.

Anyway, i'm glad that I found this thread. Thanks.