It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

flclafi: It may be Galaxy causing the issue, in the settings section there's a achievement box but it's grayed out and I can't check it off. Is anyone able to?
ok f this

sorry for the news but some idiot mod on the devs forums
said this

THE PATCH WAS NEVER SAID TO BE RETROACTIVE,
NO ACHIEVEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN WHEN YOU INSTALL THE PATCH YOU MUST PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME AGAIN TO GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS

urmm no thats not what was told to us..

and now its being said.. play the WHOLLLE game again 5th play so i have to do a 6th play
f all that..

im not buying anything more from witcher crew
and i loved the witcher but this is insane

the code would be very simple to make this retroactive
yet here i am and here we are,
btw the person who posted was quite rude when saying that i was kinda an idiot for not reading the changelog properly,
when i explain it wasnt the changelog that promised it was BEFORE That..
If the achievment isnt showing close and run again the gog galaxy...that what i did and worked....tho you dont get any achievment from before the patch
It's a damn shame that you guys cant get your achievements, but Mine finally started coming up! YES!!
flclafi: It may be Galaxy causing the issue, in the settings section there's a achievement box but it's grayed out and I can't check it off. Is anyone able to?
Kaldire: ok f this

sorry for the news but some idiot mod on the devs forums
said this

THE PATCH WAS NEVER SAID TO BE RETROACTIVE,
NO ACHIEVEMENTS WILL BE GIVEN WHEN YOU INSTALL THE PATCH YOU MUST PLAY THE ENTIRE GAME AGAIN TO GET THE ACHIEVEMENTS
That is my problem though, they won't even unlock on a new game. I literally can't unlock them in any scenario for some reason.
I'm in the same boat. Fresh game, no mods, no console. Yet, nothing will unlock. Very disappointing.
I have the same problem. Since patch 1.08 I was able to unlock achievements but yesterday suddenly I couldn't. I think it's a GOG galaxy problem, has been a recently update of GOG galaxy?
AlexGutMed: I have the same problem. Since patch 1.08 I was able to unlock achievements but yesterday suddenly I couldn't. I think it's a GOG galaxy problem, has been a recently update of GOG galaxy?
its not the galaxy
its the dev team doing a REALLY terrible job

makes me a bit ill
Can anyone confirm this? Cause i wanted to wait with my playthough till the achievements work 100%.
The problem is it's not a one-size-fits-all issue. Achievements have been working for me, and I just unlocked the last one (the stupid crossbow headshot one). I don't know why some people like me have them working, but others do not.
johnbrownxr20: The problem is it's not a one-size-fits-all issue. Achievements have been working for me, and I just unlocked the last one (the stupid crossbow headshot one). I don't know why some people like me have them working, but others do not.
I ask myself the same thing, I'm one of the unfortunate ones.
Vaico: Can anyone confirm this? Cause i wanted to wait with my playthough till the achievements work 100%.
Try getting "Kaer Morhen Trained" in the beginning of the game, if it unlocks they all may work.
Post edited August 12, 2015 by flclafi
Okay after Patch 1.08.1 all of my story based and side quest achievements unlocked, the ones that need to be triggered however still won't unlock. I just tried to get "Mutant"(fill all mutagen slots) and did not receive the achievement.

EDIT: I also did not recieve "Passed The Trial"(beat the game)
Post edited August 15, 2015 by flclafi
After patch 1.08.1 I've got the achivements of the story, gwent and witcher contracts!!! Retroactivity!!!
I have again the same problem with 1.08.2 update, I can't unlock any achievement (GoG Galaxy). Someone else has the same problem with this last version?

With the 1.08.0 update, the achievements worked fine...
Post edited August 20, 2015 by StuckRise
StuckRise: I have again the same problem with 1.08.2 update, I can't unlock any achievement (GoG Galaxy). Someone else has the same problem with this last version?

With the 1.08.0 update, the achievements worked fine...
Yeah 1.08.1 broke the achievements again, but my achievements weren't even working on 1.08. So hopefully the next fix fixes this whole achievement issue.
Yep, they worked and unlocked retroactively with 1.0.8 but are perfectly broken again.

Still, now that I saw that they unlock retroactively, it's all good, I'm continuing my playthrough in good faith that they'll be retroactively activated for me as well.

Fun fact : I had the "Beat the Game" Achievement unlock automatically for me even though I have not yet finished the game, as well as the "Recruit All Possible Allies" one. I have indeed recruited all the allies that were possible in my playthrough, but by no means ALL of them.

Cheers!