It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

So I was excited when I saw the patch notes stating that achievements worked properly and updated the game and started playing, but i'm still not unlocking any for specific things. I know I can't get mission based ones if I've already done the missions. My issue is with the ones like "play 3 hero cards and win, kill 5 enemies in less than 10 sec., fill all mutagen slots", etc. I was able to unlock "equip a full set of witcher gear" though. So i don't know if it's something on my end, the patches end, or GOG's end. Is anyone else having these issues?
Patch 1.08 also didn't unlock any achievements for me, although I've already completed a lot of the required quests. So currently my achievements are stuck at 40% on GOG Galaxy.
That is weird, I just managed to unlock "Overkill" just fine. The problem for me is that the only achievements I have left are "Master Marksman" (probably the suckiest one) and a couple Gwent ones, plus the one for beating Death March. I don't know if collecting Gwent cards during 1.07 will void my progress for "Card Collector".
Gotta correct my statement. Achievments do unlock correctly now, but still I thought that the patch would automatically unlock all previous reached achievements too. Because I've been playing a lot since then and I won't play it all again just to unlock those missing achievements.
Thanks for the responses so far. I could try and see if they work on a new save, but I'm just confused as to why the ones that can be triggered even after the patch still won't unlock for me. I'll keep at it though.
So I played a little today and activated all different types of places of power and had them all activated at the same time for the "Power Overwhelming" achievement and nothing unlocked. I also tried to do the "Kaer Morhen Trained" achievement and that also did not unlock, I must have done almost 30 counterattacks in a row. I'm almost certain it's GOG's Galaxy causing my issue but I still have yet to try it on a new save.
flclafi: So I was excited when I saw the patch notes stating that achievements worked properly and updated the game and started playing, but i'm still not unlocking any for specific things. I know I can't get mission based ones if I've already done the missions. My issue is with the ones like "play 3 hero cards and win, kill 5 enemies in less than 10 sec., fill all mutagen slots", etc. I was able to unlock "equip a full set of witcher gear" though. So i don't know if it's something on my end, the patches end, or GOG's end. Is anyone else having these issues?
I was having the same problem with the 1.07 patch.
After updating to 1.08 the achievments still were not showing up. I closed down GOG and restarted it and they updated and became visable, so it may be a graphical glitch.
flclafi:
ShabbyMoon: I was having the same problem with the 1.07 patch.
After updating to 1.08 the achievments still were not showing up. I closed down GOG and restarted it and they updated and became visable, so it may be a graphical glitch.
I've tried doing that and I still only have the "Armed and Dangerous" achievement unlocked. I don't know whats wrong with it,
Now I wonder if only certain achievements work, as I just unlocked a few more: "Full Crew", "Gwent Master", and "Card Collector".

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am using Windows 10 64-bit, with the latest patches that I know of. GOG Galaxy is as up to date as I can get it, too.
Yeah I'm having trouble getting the shrieker contract achievement and I've done the fight several times with nothing happening.
johnbrownxr20: Now I wonder if only certain achievements work, as I just unlocked a few more: "Full Crew", "Gwent Master", and "Card Collector".

I don't know if it makes a difference, but I am using Windows 10 64-bit, with the latest patches that I know of. GOG Galaxy is as up to date as I can get it, too.
hmm, i'm still on Windows 7 64-bit but my Galaxy client is up to date, maybe it's an OS issue but that would be strange.

Hey mtlam what OS are you on Windows 7 or 10?
johnbrownxr20: Now I wonder if only certain achievements work, as I just unlocked a few more: "Full Crew", "Gwent Master", and "Card Collector".

flclafi: hmm, i'm still on Windows 7 64-bit but my Galaxy client is up to date, maybe it's an OS issue but that would be strange.

Hey mtlam what OS are you on Windows 7 or 10?
I'm also on Windows 10 64bit so maybe it is an OS issue?
I too am having issues getting achievements. As A test I removed the plugins folder and dsound files as I was using the console. I closed everything down and started fresh with my current game. I went to White Orchard and made the run and grabbed all the places of power. I am not receiving the achievement for doing so.
Enkidu98: I too am having issues getting achievements. As A test I removed the plugins folder and dsound files as I was using the console. I closed everything down and started fresh with my current game. I went to White Orchard and made the run and grabbed all the places of power. I am not receiving the achievement for doing so.
Yeah I know how you feel. I'm not using the console however, but I did try on a new save and during training tried to do the "Kaer Morhen Trained" achievement and still nothing unlocked.

mtlam I don't know if it's an OS issue because the guy who posted above said his were working and he had Windows 10, I have Windows 7 still and mine aren't. If you have 10 and they still aren't working it may just be Galaxy.
Post edited August 10, 2015 by flclafi
It may be Galaxy causing the issue, in the settings section there's a achievement box but it's grayed out and I can't check it off. Is anyone able to?