It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I am currently downloading what I believe to be the 1.22 patch, but it's 13GB. My friend bought his copy on Steam and his 1.22 patch update was 2,9GB!

Can anyone explain the difference?
UK_John: I am currently downloading what I believe to be the 1.22 patch, but it's 13GB. My friend bought his copy on Steam and his 1.22 patch update was 2,9GB!

Can anyone explain the difference?
See my thread here

I only downloaded the main 1.22 patch (2.1GB in size) and that seem to have updated everything. I did manually update the game then let Galaxy verify the game, if through Galaxy the download size is much larger (presumably also downloading the full installer for all DLCs, which would be 13.2GB in total).
Post edited June 16, 2016 by GiantSnuffles
Allocation of space? I know they handle things differently, Steam and Gog. For instance not so long ago I had to free up almost 30gb of space because of a 110mb update from Dark Souls 3, on Steam.
I'm at 29% of the update, I honestly have no idea why it is so damn big. Can't find a changelog.
Steam does all sorts of things. Quite a few times Steam has told me not enough disk space when there patently is enough.

Would love to hear of another Galaxy User that had the 13GB download or I am going to always wonder what the heck it was versus my friend's 2,9GB download!
UK_John: Steam does all sorts of things. Quite a few times Steam has told me not enough disk space when there patently is enough.

Would love to hear of another Galaxy User that had the 13GB download or I am going to always wonder what the heck it was versus my friend's 2,9GB download!
The patch was 13gb for me as well.
UK_John: Steam does all sorts of things. Quite a few times Steam has told me not enough disk space when there patently is enough.

Same here 13gb on GOG Galaxy for me as well.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by BrundleFLY
Idem for me.
Me too :(

Why?Is this a bug?
I sent them a query on size yesterday but they haven't replied yet.

I rarely get involved in forums but this has got my goat 1.22 ran as an automatic update, my fault as I'd set it to that to let Blood and Wine download and not changed it back, and took out the game I was playing with some mods in 1.21. When I tried to roll back to 1.21 guess what another 13gb download and to update to 1.22 today another 13gb.

39gb in two days for a patch that is awful.

I have little hope of the getting a reply that makes sense, though if I do I'll let you know.
Hi
13 GB here
Has this been resolved yet? It's the same for me too.
If you don't use Galaxy the patch is 2,7 GB.
13 GB. Will take a while to finish. Also i read somewhere else (reddit, was it?), that if you apply the patch manually from GOG's game shelf, Galaxy will mess it up and redownload the 13 GB thing from scratch. So i stuck with Galaxy, just to be sure.
13 gb for me too. Just checking on the CDPR forums and there are people reporting bugs/game not being able to start with this latest patch.

It's been a bit of a mess since 1.21 and I really don't want to play the game if it's still got game breaking bugs.
Downloaded the patch and i got the infinite health bug from the couple on the Without a Trace quest. After selecting the option to kill them and fight them , they cant die.\
Random enemies and beasts die as usual though.
Post edited June 16, 2016 by 7eventyOne