It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

after starting a new game with patch 1.11 certain npcs do not path like they are supposed to for instance when going to vizima for first time and the chamberlain is supposed to lead you to emperor emihr he just stands there and cannot proceed even through basic part of game needs to be remedied
chalacyn: chamberlain is supposed to lead you to emperor emihr he just stands there and cannot proceed even through basic part of game needs to be remedied
I just played that part of the game on a brand new save and it worked fine.
It works also for me, but I've spotted minor problems in NPC behavior. Namely the girl that lies at Tomira's house, Lena lies there still, while Tomira should inform us that she lived through, then there was a plundering scene in The Crossroads Inn that didn't play out for me, guys just went into house but doors after them were closed and no further progress occured. But I didn't see problem with chamberlain.
"Your mileage may vary" seems to be the rule with many of the 1.11 bugs/glitches.

I just played the Vizima part of the story on 1.11 and had no glitches.

But I've had plenty of NPC-related glitches since getting 1.11 patch. NPC's floating about 12 feet in the air. Wolves and dogs spawning up in the air, substantially above the ground. Some NPC's in Novigrad walking and turning in tight circles as if desperately trying to locate themselves onto a specific pixel point until finally settling down and resuming their normal "loiter" behavior -- most noticeably the Vivaldi banker and Zoltan and that little halfling that sells alchemy supplies.
chalacyn: after starting a new game with patch 1.11 certain npcs do not path like they are supposed to for instance when going to vizima for first time and the chamberlain is supposed to lead you to emperor emihr he just stands there and cannot proceed even through basic part of game needs to be remedied
Do a repair on your instalvia Galaxy. Has been working for people from what ive seen