It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

PsychosesMan: Before I update, is the fix for the mailbox crash introduced in the initial steam version of 1.04 included?
Gameplay Additions/Changes

Added a randomize character button to the character creation screen.
Robin now sells crafting recipes for "Wood Floor", "Stone Floor", and "Stepping Stone Path".
Added a secret new way to modify a rare item.
Increased grass growth rate.
Increased forage spawn possibilities, and made it much less likely for forage to spawn behind trees.
Reduced value of honey from 200g to 100g.
Raised clint's ore prices.
Inventory menus now indicate which slot is the "active slot".
Made the meteor look snazzier.

Bug Fixes

Fixed problem with swinging sword while riding horse.
Fixed strange lighting behavior when holding torches.
Fixed problem where stone fence was spawning debris.
Spouse should no longer get stuck on their way to town.
Wild seeds now produce the proper produce when in the greenhouse.
Secret Gift exchange should now work properly.
All scarecrows now give reports on their crow-scaring activity.
Bouncer is now truly impassable.
Trees no longer grow in front of warp statues.
Willy's shop no longer counts as water.
The meteor should no longer appear in pond or buildings.
If an object is ever directly underneath you, preventing you from moving, right click to remove it.
Mariner and Luremaster professions should now work properly
Tappers are now properly destroyed by bombs.
Fixed bathing hairstyle inconsistency.
Fixed various item duplication and stacking issues.
Poppyseed Muffin now actually looks like a muffin.
Quest items should no longer disappear when you die.
You can no longer give quest items to the wrong person.
The skull cave quest can no longer be completed before receiving the actual journal entry.

Take a look at the changelog :)
Venita: Patch 1.04 should be up.
Thank you for your work :)

I personally really appreciate the game and GOG's work. And actual delays (24-48hours ?) are honestly really reasonable (especially for a quality work).
Post edited March 03, 2016 by Splatsch
PsychosesMan: Before I update, is the fix for the mailbox crash introduced in the initial steam version of 1.04 included?
JudasIscariot: Take a look at the changelog :)
so what does this mean ... the fix isnt up ?

there is no line that says "mailbox crash fixed"
Post edited March 03, 2016 by meonfire
JudasIscariot: Take a look at the changelog :)
meonfire: so what does this mean ... the fix isnt up ?

there is no line that says "mailbox crash fixed"
It should be in there but we're confirming with the developer.
okay cool :)

thanks for the quick reply
Nice!

Unfortunately he didn't fix the bug with the bee house.
I created a bee house, and it simply disappeared before I could collect honey.
It lasted ~7 days. One day I woke up and it was not there anymore.
*Poof!*
Post edited March 03, 2016 by almabrds
Splatsch: Thank you for your work :)

I personally really appreciate the game and GOG's work. And actual delays (24-48hours ?) are honestly really reasonable (especially for a quality work).
Oh gosh :3
https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705558330165501952

dev answered me on twitter, the gog build does include the mailbox crash fix

what a cool and dedicated guy
PsychosesMan: https://twitter.com/ConcernedApe/status/705558330165501952

dev answered me on twitter, the gog build does include the mailbox crash fix

what a cool and dedicated guy
Awesome, thanks. I was waiting to update until I was sure this was in it. :)
Crusism: Edit: HOWEVER, I will state clearly that it's totally alright to share concerns! Just don't, you know, exaggerate them and, rather, you can expound on them clearly so that GOG/ConcernedApe can understand you as an appreciative person and will be more motivated to help you as you can, yeah?
VandalD: Not sure how you got an angry tone out of anyone that's posted here so far. It's been pretty reasonable. I'd appreciate a game that's not an earlier version just because I got it on GOG. So, if the patching system isn't improved, I will take that into account with new game purchases I may make here in the future. And I can understand people wanting a refund so that they can buy the game again on Steam. Telling people to take a break is kind of silly too. The game's new. The people that paid for it want to play it. GOG's system has worked perfectly with the old games I've been buying from them for years, but it does not work so well with new games that are constantly updated.
GoG's always been "behind" with patches, usually by a day, sometimes two. Sometimes it's a bit less than a day. Depends. Unless GoG starts allowing dev's to upload directly, ala Steam, probably isn't going to change much.

Last I knew it was something about the way they do things ... dev's don't give them a patch and GoG immediately uploads it as is, per se. GoG first has do whatever it is to make it compatible with their own installers/software, whatever process that may be. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is what they still do, with Galaxy in particular (I still don't use that). But that was part of the delay in the past I believe.

If a day or two wait is too much for a DRM free version of the game, then reasonable to use Steam. We all have preferences. Myself, when I have a choice, I don't mind a short wait.
KrankyKat: GoG's always been "behind" with patches, usually by a day, sometimes two. Sometimes it's a bit less than a day. Depends. Unless GoG starts allowing dev's to upload directly, ala Steam, probably isn't going to change much.

Last I knew it was something about the way they do things ... dev's don't give them a patch and GoG immediately uploads it as is, per se. GoG first has do whatever it is to make it compatible with their own installers/software, whatever process that may be. Anyway, I'm not sure if this is what they still do, with Galaxy in particular (I still don't use that). But that was part of the delay in the past I believe.

If a day or two wait is too much for a DRM free version of the game, then reasonable to use Steam. We all have preferences. Myself, when I have a choice, I don't mind a short wait.
Yeah, it's just a preference thing, and that's fine. I realize GOG puts actual work into curating the store and trying to make sure stuff works before their customers download it. I appreciate that and especially not having DRM. It's why I'm buying here in the first place.
terrasin: I'm really disappointed. He uploaded it to GOG earlier today and they never sent out a patch on their end. If it's not up by morning, I'll be issuing a refund and buying on Steam. I hate doing that because I love this company but if they can't find a way to make new games work that need patches and updates in a timely manner, then I'll have to buy elsewhere.
That's pretty asinine. Stand by GOG. They're the best thing we have on the scene so far. Don't let emotion and impatience override ethics.
ncc386: That's pretty asinine. Stand by GOG. They're the best thing we have on the scene so far. Don't let emotion and impatience override ethics.
The delay on patches is still one of the bigger gripes people have with with GOG. Things have to change sooner or later.
ncc386: That's pretty asinine. Stand by GOG. They're the best thing we have on the scene so far. Don't let emotion and impatience override ethics.
ShadowOwl: The delay on patches is still one of the bigger gripes people have with with GOG. Things have to change sooner or later.
Why? Is it really that bad to wait a few days for a patch everyone not only knows, but is guaranteed to get? Whiny people are really annoying, especially if a patch doesn't drop in a couple hours people are screaming for weefunds.

I'll wait a week+ for DRM-free game patches.
Post edited March 06, 2016 by Flesh420.613
Patch 1.05 with the zoom function (it was up for a few hours on Steam but it broke the game's audio) is available as beta version on Steam.
Flesh420.613: Why? Is it really that bad to wait a few days for a patch everyone not only knows, but is guaranteed to get? Whiny people are really annoying, especially if a patch doesn't drop in a couple hours people are screaming for weefunds.

I'll wait a week+ for DRM-free game patches.
Oh, I'm not whiny at all. And GOG being DRM free has absoluetly nothing to do with this. It's a fact that many people argue for Steam because of faster patching and pick that platform over GOG. Devs are not even able to directly pull broken patches (yeah, I know that shouldn't happen in the first place) on GOG.

And as I said this problem is very evident when it comes to cross platform/store multiplayer. Even the smallest delay of a patch is quite annoying when you're playing games like Divinity Original Sin via online coop with a Steam user.

I understand why GOG is still controlling the deployment of patches since they're providing tech support (which was a very good thing for the classic games here and still is) but I absolutely believe that they should review this policy.

And yes, the general situation is not only GOG's fault. There are several devs around who don't provide game updates on time via Humble Store or GOG. Sometimes they have good reasons, sometimes not so much and sometimes they are simply lazy. Anyway, SV dev ConcernedApe is doing a perfect job here and GOG is providing the updates as fast as possible considering the current method of deployment.
Post edited March 06, 2016 by ShadowOwl