It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

atlasnr: This practice is certainly starting to leave a sour taste in my mouth about GOG. While I tend to purchase any new release that I can through them due to their much more consumer friendly practices, this is a tad concerning.

I can understand the time necessary to update installers since they have the (wonderful) option of standalone installers for the games they host; however, I think that the process of publishing and shipping updates should be much more akin to that of Steam for those of us using the Galaxy client.

Needless to say, It's a sad day when I'm remorseful that I made the decision to purchase a game on GOG rather than Steam.
I feel exactly the same. Until GOG speeds up the patching process for developers, I'll have to take this into account with new games I buy.
It's kinda cute that ConcernedApe is struggling to get the builds uploaded to all the necessary servers. I never thought of it that way - every indie developer must deal with this on launch week, and that's probably why they prioritize Steam when pushing bugfixes and gathering initial feedback.
I'm really disappointed. He uploaded it to GOG earlier today and they never sent out a patch on their end. If it's not up by morning, I'll be issuing a refund and buying on Steam. I hate doing that because I love this company but if they can't find a way to make new games work that need patches and updates in a timely manner, then I'll have to buy elsewhere.
atlasnr: however, I think that the process of publishing and shipping updates should be much more akin to that of Steam for those of us using the Galaxy client.
It's planned. AFAIK, the backend isn't in place for this yet.
terrasin: I'm really disappointed. He uploaded it to GOG earlier today and they never sent out a patch on their end. If it's not up by morning, I'll be issuing a refund and buying on Steam. I hate doing that because I love this company but if they can't find a way to make new games work that need patches and updates in a timely manner, then I'll have to buy elsewhere.
Do you know if we can access the same save files if we refund it on GOG and play it on Steam?
tacomang: Do you know if we can access the same save files if we refund it on GOG and play it on Steam?
Yep, your save files are in the %AppData%/StardewValley folder. Any version of the game should automatically read them from there.
I think everyone should relax a little more? Like, calm down. I mean, putting pressure on GOG and/or ConcernedApe isn't going to make the updates come faster or come in a more completely polished fashion - especially saying "I'm gonna get a refund here cuz I mads" (mind you, this is extremely demoralising and, by saying this, you could have affected GOG/ConcernedApe's morale significantly if they cared too much about people's posts, making them having slower progress).

I'm sure both parties are doing their best (especially ConcernedApe!) and it's really just a matter of us being patient because, regardless of Steam players getting patches quicker and at the end of the day, we still have a superior version in comparison to Steam due to the DRM-free concept in play and I wholesomely put that on high regard (my reasons being a customer of GOG among other things). Therefore, I think we should just give some time - take a break and play another game or do something else for the time being - because it's not like this game is going to run away from us or that GOG and/or ConcernedApe are/is going to stop patching the game on GOG's side and only continue on Steam. They will be and are patching the game at their best rate.

I should also note that the GOG version does not have some of the glitches the Steam version does; in fact, having bought my copy here, I'm still having a flawless playthrough at Year 3 with only having experienced the level 120 cave game crash while all my friends on Steam and crashing here and there. xDDD

Edit: HOWEVER, I will state clearly that it's totally alright to share concerns! Just don't, you know, exaggerate them and, rather, you can expound on them clearly so that GOG/ConcernedApe can understand you as an appreciative person and will be more motivated to help you as you can, yeah?
Post edited March 03, 2016 by Crusism
Crusism: Edit: HOWEVER, I will state clearly that it's totally alright to share concerns! Just don't, you know, exaggerate them and, rather, you can expound on them clearly so that GOG/ConcernedApe can understand you as an appreciative person and will be more motivated to help you as you can, yeah?
Not sure how you got an angry tone out of anyone that's posted here so far. It's been pretty reasonable. I'd appreciate a game that's not an earlier version just because I got it on GOG. So, if the patching system isn't improved, I will take that into account with new game purchases I may make here in the future. And I can understand people wanting a refund so that they can buy the game again on Steam. Telling people to take a break is kind of silly too. The game's new. The people that paid for it want to play it. GOG's system has worked perfectly with the old games I've been buying from them for years, but it does not work so well with new games that are constantly updated.
+1 to the post above (edit: above the above) for adding some perspective.

I'm pretty happy with the game as it is right now, even if I'm not playing the latest .01 bugfix that went down the pipe less than 24 hours ago. There are certainly benefits to the way that GOG does business and those benefits are the reason why we created our accounts here. We'll all get the same updates eventually, don't worry.
Post edited March 03, 2016 by a4plz
Patch 1.04 should be up.
Venita: Patch 1.04 should be up.
Thank you.
Just so you know, i see the 1.04 on the gog webpage, but galaxy (1.1.5beta) doesn't update it.
Post edited March 03, 2016 by jlkawaii
Patch 1.04 is up now. <3
Venita: Patch 1.04 should be up.
jlkawaii: Thank you.
Just so you know, i see the 1.04 on the gog webpage, but galaxy (1.1.5beta) doesn't update it.
"Verify & Repair" to force an update :)
Before I update, is the fix for the mailbox crash introduced in the initial steam version of 1.04 included?
jlkawaii: Thank you.
JudasIscariot: "Verify & Repair" to force an update :)
thank you :)