It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

so my processor is at 1.40 GHz and the minimal requirements is 1.80 GHz. Is there anything i can do to still play the game? i really love it, had it for sooooooo long and the cd stopped working :(((((
csSpetzNaz: so my processor is at 1.40 GHz and the minimal requirements is 1.80 GHz. Is there anything i can do to still play the game? i really love it, had it for sooooooo long and the cd stopped working :(((((
Don't know if you've come to a conclusion on your own yet, but I just wanted to mention I'm running this in XP at 1024x768 with the software renderer on a 650MHz Coppermine. I think a lot of the system requirements listed at GOG are perhaps not specific to the game but just posted as a generic baseline.
csSpetzNaz: so my processor is at 1.40 GHz and the minimal requirements is 1.80 GHz. Is there anything i can do to still play the game? i really love it, had it for sooooooo long and the cd stopped working :(((((
Red_Frog: Don't know if you've come to a conclusion on your own yet, but I just wanted to mention I'm running this in XP at 1024x768 with the software renderer on a 650MHz Coppermine. I think a lot of the system requirements listed at GOG are perhaps not specific to the game but just posted as a generic baseline.
holy crap! so its not the software renderer then. im running windows 8 maybe its that
Well do keep in mind, when the game was released, 1GHz CPUs were just being released in mid 2000. That and they were basically crap, not necessarily the CPUs themselves, but they were being severely limited by RAM technology at the time which wasn't able to keep pace with the clock speeds so cache had to be run slower than the core itself. Your CPU has more than enough raw capability, so that does indeed point towards a software incompatibility.

I don't use W8 so outside of the bog standard things like asking if you tried compatibility modes or disable desktop compositing or trying to run at a lower color depth, I can't really troubleshoot that environment. That said, if all else fails, you might consider trying a virtual machine running maybe XP or 98. VMs usually have problems when 3D acceleration is involved but since the game has a software renderer and is relatively light on resources, that could be an option.
Under Windows 8/8.1, Soulbringer lags quite a lot for me when using high resolutions. I haven't managed to run it windowed yet (this usually solves this kind of issue), still if you lower the resolution to something like 1024x768 (maybe higher), the game should run smoothly enough. If it's too ugly (not that it's a beautiful game anyway!), you can try changing your scaling options to "centered picture" or something, somewhere in your graphic driver.
Post edited July 03, 2014 by Darucas