It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

high rated
OK, finally someone found a fix for the game to proper work on windows 7 and windows 8

1. Install the game (GOG version or Steam version)
2.Install this very old version of quick time from here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php?old_quicktime=14#download-section

The whole problem was that the game needed that old version of quick time for the game files to proper work.

Enjoy this game on windows 8 !!
Worked perfectly!!!! Thank you so much!!!! :D

One thing I will say though is, I'm running Windows Vista, not 8, but this fix worked for me.

EDIT: Also, you need to remove the quicktime.qts file from the main Septerra Core folder.
Post edited October 01, 2013 by Runico
Thank for the information, now the game work fine for me.

Windows 8 x64
HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP HOLY CRAP!!!!

After trying everything *else* under the sun with no luck, this FINALLY worked for me! Thanks so much for sharing!
Wonder if GOG can use this.....Hmm downside seems to be you cannot use this and the current version of QT.

Now here's hoping 8.1 does not break everything again.
Post edited October 17, 2013 by king_mosiah
Fix still works in 8.1, as long as you delete the Quicktime.qts file from Septerra Cores folder.
Sweet! This works even in Windows XP.
I can confirm this works on Windows 8 x64.
CalinTM: OK, finally someone found a fix for the game to proper work on windows 7 and windows 8

2.Install this very old version of quick time from here: http://www.oldapps.com/quicktime_player.php?old_quicktime=14#download-section

The whole problem was that the game needed that old version of quick time for the game files to proper work.

Hmm, somehow this worked not for me :(
But, if this would work, could the quicktime.qts be bundled with septerra core finally fixing the installer?

Update: the transcoding solution from timeslip suggested here (http://www.gog.com/forum/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator/unofficial_patch/page1) solved my problem. I think GOG in general should provide the videos in better format than quicktime if this improves compatibility and filesize.
Post edited December 23, 2013 by shaddim
CalinTM: OK, finally someone found a fix for the game to proper work on windows 7 and windows 8

shaddim: Hmm, somehow this worked not for me :(
But, if this would work, could the quicktime.qts be bundled with septerra core finally fixing the installer?

Update: the transcoding solution from timeslip suggested here (http://www.gog.com/forum/septerra_core_legacy_of_the_creator/unofficial_patch/page1) solved my problem. I think GOG in general should provide the videos in better format than quicktime if this improves compatibility and filesize.
Yeah, and you would think it would be an easy thing to do. After all, it's not like you need the games lost source code to change the FMV format.
shaddim: Hmm, somehow this worked not for me :(

king_mosiah: Yeah, and you would think it would be an easy thing to do. After all, it's not like you need the games lost source code to change the FMV format.
Yes, while the source code would be helpful here (Vote here!), it is not required in this specific case. As described in the unofficial patch thread, one can exchange the videos without sourcecode adaptions, so it is completely doable for GOG! :)
Post edited December 24, 2013 by shaddim
Hey guys, sorry for not replying here, i forgot, i don't use GOG so much.

Regarding this fix, someone found a fix for this when the game was released on Steam.

Also, the Steam version works much better than the GOG version, you could buy the steam version.

Someone made a thread there on Steam, and some guy fix it for just reading the game manual and found out that when the game was released, the game released with quick time 4.0 version, so he just found a quick time 4.0 version and got all things to work.

Here is the thread:

http://steamcommunity.com/app/253940/discussions/0/846965882685169254/

EDIT: I downloaded again the GOG version, sadly they added now that unofficial patch into the game install files. Buy and use the Steam version, then just install that quick time 4.0 and you will have both image and cinematics on full screen 16:9
Everything is just perfect now with Steam version :)

If you want to be in full screen just select from your nvidia driver to Full-screen from the tab Adjust desktop and size position. And you will have both game and cinematics in full screen 16:9
Post edited January 07, 2014 by CalinTM
CalinTM: Hey guys, sorry for not replying here, i forgot, i don't use GOG so much.

Regarding this fix, someone found a fix for this when the game was released on Steam.

Also, the Steam version works much better than the GOG version, you could buy the steam version.

Someone made a thread there on Steam, and some guy fix it for just reading the game manual and found out that when the game was released, the game released with quick time 4.0 version, so he just found a quick time 4.0 version and got all things to work.

Here is the thread:

EDIT: I downloaded again the GOG version, sadly they added now that unofficial patch into the game install files. Buy and use the Steam version, then just install that quick time 4.0 and you will have both image and cinematics on full screen 16:9

If you want to be in full screen just select from your nvidia driver to Full-screen from the tab Adjust desktop and size position. And you will have both game and cinematics in full screen 16:9
Buddy, I tried Quicktime 4.0 myself and that was not working. The right solution ("most robust") is described by timeslip, using a compatible & supported movie format ("transcoding the videos"). Steam is never the solution as it adds another dependency (steam client, steamworks), reducing (potentially) compatibility by that.
CalinTM: Hey guys, sorry for not replying here, i forgot, i don't use GOG so much.

Here is the thread:

shaddim: Buddy, I tried Quicktime 4.0 myself and that was not working. The right solution ("most robust") is described by timeslip, using a compatible & supported movie format ("transcoding the videos"). Steam is never the solution as it adds another dependency (steam client, steamworks), reducing (potentially) compatibility by that.
It seems the Steam version IS just the GOG version but packed with a different .qts file....
Instead of installing quicktime 4 and then removing the quicktime.qts in the game folder can we just replace it with the v4 one directly? Can someone upload just the file quicktime.qts version 4 so that I can test this?

EDIT: If using the new gog installer v2.0.0.10 there's no need to install quicktime at all because the movies are already converted to avi format but the game is stuttering so much it runs so slowly on my windows 8.1 gaming laptop which has the core i7-7500HQ and the GTX970M any idea how to fix it?
Post edited September 05, 2015 by miluthui