It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SmollestLight: As you may have noticed, Quake® Enhanced (updated and visually enhanced version of the original) is available on Steam since Aug 19th. We're in talks with the publisher and have their confirmation that the GOG version of the update is currently being finalised, and will be available on GOG.COM. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens.
GOG users who already own Quake will automatically receive the new enhanced version with a free download.
Thank you, hope it will be here as fast as possible :)
It's been two months now, come on GOG. Can we at least know if this is even still happening?
It's probably Steam exclusive, same as Doom 64.
FozzeY: It's probably Steam exclusive, same as Doom 64.
If it was Steam-exclusive, the Epic Games Store store page for Quake's remaster wouldn't exist already.
AmethystViper: If it was Steam-exclusive, the Epic Games Store store page for Quake's remaster wouldn't exist already.
Oh right, it does. That's better than nothing.
Lesson learned. if you want the patches and updates for the games you buy. buy them on steam. This has been the third game this happened to me with.
ASneakyFox: Lesson learned. if you want the patches and updates for the games you buy. buy them on steam. This has been the third game this happened to me with.
That is not the lesson to be taken away from this situation. Have some patience.
ASneakyFox: Lesson learned. if you want the patches and updates for the games you buy. buy them on steam. This has been the third game this happened to me with.
I'm in the same ship as you. Haven't bought anything from Steam in years, but I'm considering going back due stuff like this. I'm really seeing this thread being unpinned and the announcement silently scrubbed, as it is clear that almost three months later we ain't getting nothing.

And of course, I'm not paying for anything out of Bethesda/ID anymore. This is a joke.
My guess is that Bethesda is working on the GOG versions of Doom 1, 2 and 64 along with Quake. It would make sense to just port all 4 at once. That's why it's been taking a long time.
CipherTwentyOne: My guess is that Bethesda is working on the GOG versions of Doom 1, 2 and 64 along with Quake. It would make sense to just port all 4 at once. That's why it's been taking a long time.
Best case scenario, I hope this is case since GOG still hasn't even gotten the Unity ports of Doom I and II or the Kex port of Doom 64 and those newer ports can be DRM-free on Steam and completely DRM-free Bethesda-net's store outside needing a Bethesda account for downloading the free curated mods.

Worst case scenario, they make us wait for even more months without saying and then eventually just release Quake remaster on GOG and nothing else.
We still have original version. Full package. With manuals+readme (html though). With no mess with files\folders strucrute. Not upgraded and dawngraded origianl dos+windows versin. And no bethesda launcher like for their Q\Wolf editions.

We can wait as long as it need to. We not loss anything.
AmethystViper: Best case scenario, I hope this is case since GOG still hasn't even gotten the Unity ports of Doom I and II or the Kex port of Doom 64 and those newer ports can be DRM-free on Steam and completely DRM-free Bethesda-net's store outside needing a Bethesda account for downloading the free curated mods.
Honestly I see no appeal in the Unity ports with the silly censorship, music not looping and so on. They can keep that, and I'll keep the unaltered games.
Post edited November 15, 2021 by FozzeY
FozzeY: Honestly I see no appeal in the Unity ports with the silly censorship, music not looping and so on. They can keep that, and I'll keep the unaltered games.
The original DOS versions of Doom I and II are still included with the new ports. The Unity port is also geared towards console players who may prefer playing video games on a console rather than PC and it has some genuine improvements over the original DOS version (e.g. widescreen resolutions, controller support, native 60 FPS gameplay).
Post edited November 15, 2021 by AmethystViper
AmethystViper: The original DOS versions of Doom I and II are still included with the new ports. The Unity port is also geared towards console players who may prefer playing video games on a console rather than PC and it has some genuine improvements over the original DOS version (e.g. widescreen resolutions, controller support, native 60 FPS gameplay).
Most of the source ports do that anyway, often better. But if the original versions are kept intact along with the Unity ports, I see no issue with that.
QWEEDDYZ: We can wait as long as it need to. We not loss anything.
I consider the updated version of Dopa and the new Dimension of the Machine epsidode not being here a loss for sure.

At this point I've given up and bought the Enhanced version on Steam. I'm tired of promises that are nothing else than hot air and waiting forever without any news from anyone.