It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The Enhanced version just recieved a first big patch today on Steam. Can we finally get the update here now too?
By now, this should've been added to "Games that treat GOG customers as second class citizens v2"
by now it's obvious, we gog users won't get quake enhanced.
The current mood on GoG is that of a contrarian not getting their way. GoG has stated that it's coming to the platform. That should be good enough. At the risk of sounding like the forum grandpa, everyone is so dadgum impatient. In my day we had to wait until the developers got around to putting the updated game on the shelves (that's right! Games were in real stores, not these fancy digital store fronts), and then we had to walk to Walmart (There were about one or two in each state) to get our game. In blizzard conditions. Uphill. Both ways. And we liked it!

Joking aside, just be patient. GoG said it'll be here, it'll be here. Just don't get your underthings in a twist.
I can confirm that the recent patch has fixed the low music volume playback in the remaster of Quake, so no need to use an unofficial patch, and it has added individual weapon keys that can be remapped as well, which had to be done through console command in the original game and the Day 1 release of the remaster. There's also expanded input settings for controllers and they also fixed the backwards movement speed too. Hopefully whenever Update 2 happens they'll have the GOG and Epic version out and fix some of the other issues (e.g. obituary text gets cut off by the stats window upon dying).
Neurus_Ex: The "context" you are talking about is GoG routinely not having complete/updated games.
Yes, context is VERY important. Once again you seem to be blaming GOG for the actions of the devolopers. IF a game released on GOG is unfinished or incomplete, that is the problem of the DEVELOPERS, not GOG. Simple logic and common sense is all it takes to understand that dynamic.

You don't blame GameStop for a game being crap or bad, because Gamestop doesn't make games, they only sell them. The same goes for GOG. They are a game retailer. You can not blame them for things out of their control.

Neurus_Ex: But they are the publisher, we are their customers and its their job to do something more than just saying "we are workin' on it" and then going into radio silence mode for one month.
No, GOG is the retailer. Bethesda is the publisher. Want to blame someone for the FREE upgrade not being released on your time frame? Blame Bethesda not GOG, but don't expect a warm reception to your complaints because they will come off as little more than the whining of an entitled, ungrateful spoiled brat.

Get it yet?
Post edited October 09, 2021 by lexluthermiester
It's one thing to be this entitled and impatient, it's another thing to be taking out your childish frustrations on the wrong people entirely. Get in contact with Bethesda and ask to speak with the manager if you must, instead of faulting GOG for things they have absolutely nothing to do with.

This isn't directed at any one person, specifically, but rather a whole lot of you.
Post edited October 09, 2021 by PBagel
PBagel: It's one thing to be this entitled and impatient, it's another thing to be taking out your childish frustrations on the wrong people entirely. Get in contact with Bethesda and ask to speak with the manager if you must, instead of faulting GOG for things they have absolutely nothing to do with.

This isn't directed at any one person, specifically, but rather a whole lot of you.
Indeed.
I'd like to know were people got the idea GoG was the place to go for new releases, as I see it that was never the focus, yet a lot of people here somehow got that impression even though it was never the case?

I actually think GoG was considerate for letting us know the Quake update is coming, saved me some money from buying Quake again on Steam. I bet if GoG kept silent about this until release they wouldn't have to put up with this lot of entitled and false expectations.
DooMSickle: I'd like to know were people got the idea GoG was the place to go for new releases
Let's be fair, GOG has become a first class gaming retailer where new releases regularly happen, on many occasions exclusively. GOG isn't just about old games anymore! When I go looking for a game, I look here first and most of the time I look here only. Steam has become a crapshow(I'm being nice right there) with all of the forced auto-updates, Epic isn't great either and microsoft's lame offerings are just sad.

I have about 250 titles in my GOG library. I have about 30 in Steam(which I never play anymore) and 16 in Epic.

No one even comes close to GOG in ease of use, respecting user rights and just doing gaming retail right. Seriously, no one else even comes close. I'm not someone easily impressed and yet GOG continues to do so every time I turn around. It's not easy to earn my loyalty and respect either, GOG gets a big win there too.

EDIT;
IF anyone wants an example:
https://www.gog.com/forum/general/release_hitman_game_of_the_year_edition_11093/post1936

This took spine, but they made the tough choice and made the right one.

PS;
To Bethesda,
Some of us understand that redevelopment takes time and we are happy that you have chosen not to ignore us here at GOG!

While I can not speak for everyone, I would happily, gladly PAY for the enhanced upgrade(or as just a separate title). $5 or $10 seems reasonable. I understand that you will not be gaining the revenue from ads sources from the GOG crowd and thus feel it would be fully acceptable to pay for the upgrade. That's just me though. I'm not one of those people that wants everything free in life. It's nice when it happens, but I don't expect it.

Give that some thought if costs for a GOG version are a problem..
Post edited October 10, 2021 by lexluthermiester
Berzerk2k2: The Enhanced version just recieved a first big patch today on Steam. Can we finally get the update here now too?
I doubt it will be anytime soon now.
Neurus_Ex: The "context" you are talking about is GoG routinely not having complete/updated games.
lexluthermiester: Yes, context is VERY important. Once again you seem to be blaming GOG for the actions of the devolopers. IF a game released on GOG is unfinished or incomplete, that is the problem of the DEVELOPERS, not GOG. Simple logic and common sense is all it takes to understand that dynamic.

You don't blame GameStop for a game being crap or bad, because Gamestop doesn't make games, they only sell them. The same goes for GOG. They are a game retailer. You can not blame them for things out of their control.

Neurus_Ex: But they are the publisher, we are their customers and its their job to do something more than just saying "we are workin' on it" and then going into radio silence mode for one month.
lexluthermiester: No, GOG is the retailer. Bethesda is the publisher. Want to blame someone for the FREE upgrade not being released on your time frame? Blame Bethesda not GOG, but don't expect a warm reception to your complaints because they will come off as little more than the whining of an entitled, ungrateful spoiled brat.

Get it yet?
I do understand GoG are the retailers (yeah, I got the term wrong on my last post) and that is Bethesda the main culprits (I was even warned by a mod for telling Betheda to go asterisked-word themselves over this issue!), but you should understand that

a) This is not the first time that GoG, as retailers, have ended up selling an inferior version from that released on other platforms, and giving nothing (not even an acknowledgment of the issue) to their customers.

b) Given the current circumstances, not having, after a month and a half of wait any kind of update on what's going on is something to be worried about.

c) It's incredibly silly how nowadays, asking for something is being "entitled" (and how spotty mods are with insults). Hey, I paid the same that someone who bought it on other platform, and I'm getting the silent treatment for asking for the same that the other, paying, customers.

And believe me, I buy stuff here exclusively on principle, because DRM-Free and all that, but is tiresome how many developers/publishers are leaving GoG on the side, GoG does nothing on this issue, and us the customers end up being screwed up.

And there's never gonna be warm reception to criticism, and always there's going to be someone who cares less about the topic at hand that will disregard the people who cares more as being silly. By complaining, I'm not looking to please someone who doesn't care about the issue, but keeping the conversation alive and see if we finally get something from GoG (and after the Hitman situation, I have to recognize that maybe we end up getting something).
Post edited October 10, 2021 by Neurus_Ex
Just wondering Could Bethesda if they want add that you need to log into a Bethesda account to be able to play? Like a form of DRM like they did to the re-release of old DOOM from the 90's ? I hope these old classic games will remain DRM free.
Post edited October 10, 2021 by kustridaren
kustridaren: Just wondering Could Bethesda if they want add that you need to log into a Bethesda account to be able to play? Like a form of DRM like they did to the re-release of old DOOM from the 90's ?
Bethesda aren't going to repeat implementing online DRM to older games like Quake or Doom again for the single-player parts of the game and they haven't been doing since it was removed from the Unity ports of Doom I and II. They already learned their lesson after they got blasted on the Internet HARD for doing that. Even Doom 64, Doom 3: BFG Edition (the single-player version that does not include the first two games), and Quake I (original and remastered) on Bethesda-net are DRM-free. In the case of the Unity ports of Doom I and II and Quake remastered, the only use of a Bethesda-net account that is required is downloading the curated add-ons (which are free already), and for Quake remastered, online multiplayer through their servers.
lexluthermiester: Yes, context is VERY important. Once again you seem to be blaming GOG for the actions of the devolopers. IF a game released on GOG is unfinished or incomplete, that is the problem of the DEVELOPERS, not GOG. Simple logic and common sense is all it takes to understand that dynamic.

No, GOG is the retailer. Bethesda is the publisher. Want to blame someone for the FREE upgrade not being released on your time frame? Blame Bethesda not GOG, but don't expect a warm reception to your complaints because they will come off as little more than the whining of an entitled, ungrateful spoiled brat.

Get it yet?
Neurus_Ex: I do understand GoG are the retailers (yeah, I got the term wrong on my last post) and that is Bethesda the main culprits (I was even warned by a mod for telling Betheda to go asterisked-word themselves over this issue!), but you should understand that

a) This is not the first time that GoG, as retailers, have ended up selling an inferior version from that released on other platforms, and giving nothing (not even an acknowledgment of the issue) to their customers.

b) Given the current circumstances, not having, after a month and a half of wait any kind of update on what's going on is something to be worried about.

c) It's incredibly silly how nowadays, asking for something is being "entitled" (and how spotty mods are with insults). Hey, I paid the same that someone who bought it on other platform, and I'm getting the silent treatment for asking for the same that the other, paying, customers.

And believe me, I buy stuff here exclusively on principle, because DRM-Free and all that, but is tiresome how many developers/publishers are leaving GoG on the side, GoG does nothing on this issue, and us the customers end up being screwed up.

And there's never gonna be warm reception to criticism, and always there's going to be someone who cares less about the topic at hand that will disregard the people who cares more as being silly. By complaining, I'm not looking to please someone who doesn't care about the issue, but keeping the conversation alive and see if we finally get something from GoG (and after the Hitman situation, I have to recognize that maybe we end up getting something).
I agree, this has really hurt GOG in my eyes. Their lack of feedback on this forum says that too. Maybe only buying old games that can't be found anywhere else is the only thing GOG is for.
chansmith: I agree, this has really hurt GOG in my eyes. Their lack of feedback on this forum says that too. Maybe only buying old games that can't be found anywhere else is the only thing GOG is for.
Have you ever stopped to think that the reason that GOG hasn't said anything is because they themselves haven't heard anything? Stop and think before you say stupid things.