It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

What we all know is that it is coming. It might be a month or so and that is likely because they have to code and compile a version specific to GOG and make a bunch of changes/adaptations to the multiplayer side of things(because the Steam client and Galaxy client don't exactly play nice).

Honestly, I'm happy that it's incoming and understand the time it takes to make the needed changes for the GOG release!
Post edited September 25, 2021 by lexluthermiester
lexluthermiester: What we all know is that it is coming. It might be a month or so and that is likely because they have to code and compile a version specific to GOG and make a bunch of changes/adaptations to the multiplayer side of things(because the Steam client and Galaxy client don't exactly play nice).

Honestly, I'm happy that it's incoming and understand the time it takes to make the needed changes for the GOG release!
That was what I was thinking too, because they did promise it was crossplatform multiplayer with the enhanced version of Quake, meaning they'd have to program how players on Epic Games Store and GOG Galaxy players can play online multiplayer with Bethesda.net, Steam, and console players with their respective clients and platforms.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by AmethystViper
lexluthermiester: What we all know is that it is coming. It might be a month or so and that is likely because they have to code and compile a version specific to GOG and make a bunch of changes/adaptations to the multiplayer side of things(because the Steam client and Galaxy client don't exactly play nice).

What we all know is that they've said that it is coming, and that it has been a month with no news.
I'm ok with no multiplayer. Just give us something!
lazarhead: I'm ok with no multiplayer. Just give us something!
And then people complain that there is no multiplayer and that they are treated like second class citizens.
This is insane lol.

Neurus_Ex: What we all know is that they've said that it is coming, and that it has been a month with no news.
It takes time to redevelop, recompile and debug.
Neurus_Ex: What we all know is that they've said that it is coming, and that it has been a month with no news.
lexluthermiester: It takes time to redevelop, recompile and debug.
A month and almost a half? For a developer that had already released this same product in several platforms (with different hardware and online infraestructure) simultaneously?

I've heard that it seems that Galaxy integration is a PITA (And looking on the HITMAN debacle, I'm guessing the "offline" installer is not as much an issue anymore), but IMHO that shows the interest Bethesda/ID has in this store and yet another instance of GoG failing to manage to have properly updated games on their store.
Neurus_Ex: A month and almost a half? For a developer that had already released this same product in several platforms (with different hardware and online infraestructure) simultaneously?

I've heard that it seems that Galaxy integration is a PITA (And looking on the HITMAN debacle, I'm guessing the "offline" installer is not as much an issue anymore), but IMHO that shows the interest Bethesda/ID has in this store and yet another instance of GoG failing to manage to have properly updated games on their store.
It does seem to be a issue with GOG having updated games.
It's been almost a month and a half and they still haven't deployed a hotfix to their dumbfounding choice of default cvars that makes backwards and sideways movement half the speed of forward movement (and it really is as simple as changing the default values; users can do it via the console but it's still inexcusable that it wasn't fixed.) Don't expect a GOG release until you're old(er) and gray(er).
Dutch Schaefer: It's been almost a month and a half and they still haven't deployed a hotfix to their dumbfounding choice of default cvars that makes backwards and sideways movement half the speed of forward movement (and it really is as simple as changing the default values; users can do it via the console but it's still inexcusable that it wasn't fixed.) Don't expect a GOG release until you're old(er) and gray(er).
The speed issue isn't quite as simple a fix as that, though. Compare the walking speed when moving with Always Run off, to the walking speed when using the walk key with Always Run on. They aren't the same, even when using the cvar fix.
Neurus_Ex: A month and almost a half? For a developer that had already released this same product in several platforms (with different hardware and online infraestructure) simultaneously?

Can we have done with the crap-posting and blaming GOG for things they can not control? The Hitman problem is NOT related to Quake 1. Context is important.

Additionally, GOG is not the developer of Quake. As such they have no control over how much time the redevelopment process takes.
Post edited October 05, 2021 by lexluthermiester
Launching Quake Enhanced on Steam while making it free for existing users made sense because it put the title in front of a massive potential market. The PR and ability to entrap new users into their ecosystem via the Bethesda account more than offset the cost of giving it away for free.

I'm not trying to be a downer, but none of those benefits exist launching it here, and particularly if most of GoG's userbase already own it and expect it for free. It's a lot of effort (maintaining a separate build with the DRM hopefully stripped out) for little gain. It might make sense if they simply sold it as an add-on or as an entirely separate product.

I'd like it as much as the next person, but I wouldn't hold my breath.
Post edited October 05, 2021 by AlmostAHero
lexluthermiester: Can we have done with the crap-posting and blaming GOG for things they can not control? The Hitman problem is NOT related to Quake 1. Context is important.

Additionally, GOG is not the developer of Quake. As such they have no control over how much time the redevelopment process takes.
The "context" you are talking about is GoG routinely not having complete/updated games. And this is just another chapter on this years-log history (and particularly, the third game I buy here that ends up affected, although this is the biggest case). Believe me, if this were the first time something like that has happened here, I would be asking for patience, but it is not the case.

And hey, I agree that GoG is not the developer of Quake (Or any of the other affected games). But they are the publisher, we are their customers and its their job to do something more than just saying "we are workin' on it" and then going into radio silence mode for one month. And they may not have control on development times, but I find quite weird that they got also no control on the distribution contracts they sign that leaves their versions routinely behind (and in some cases, abandoned).
lexluthermiester: Can we have done with the crap-posting and blaming GOG for things they can not control? The Hitman problem is NOT related to Quake 1. Context is important.

Neurus_Ex: The "context" you are talking about is GoG routinely not having complete/updated games. And this is just another chapter on this years-log history (and particularly, the third game I buy here that ends up affected, although this is the biggest case). Believe me, if this were the first time something like that has happened here, I would be asking for patience, but it is not the case.

And hey, I agree that GoG is not the developer of Quake (Or any of the other affected games). But they are the publisher, we are their customers and its their job to do something more than just saying "we are workin' on it" and then going into radio silence mode for one month. And they may not have control on development times, but I find quite weird that they got also no control on the distribution contracts they sign that leaves their versions routinely behind (and in some cases, abandoned).
I completely agree, Sad that I was talked to like a Dog for stating that on this very forum.