It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Crazy_McGee: I think MachineGames is doing the right thing; keeping their mouths shut (mostly) so they can work to bring a DRM-free update/upgrade to this gem. There are plenty of games to play in the meantime, let alone a slew of re-work mods for Quake. Our patience will be rewarded.
MachineGames has nothing to do with getting the update released here. That's Bethesdas job and they don't care. Otherwise it would have been released here the same day it was released everywhere else (Steam, Epic, Bethesds store, Consoles).
Berzerk2k2: MachineGames has nothing to do with getting the update released here. That's Bethesdas job and they don't care. Otherwise it would have been released here the same day it was released everywhere else (Steam, Epic, Bethesds store, Consoles).
You're forgetting that Non-Disclosure Agreements are a thing and developers can't discuss or disclose anything regarding release dates of a game or its development to the general public unless that agreement has expired. Even Modern Vintage Gamer on YouTube, who also works at Nightdive Studio and is a senior developer on the Quake remaster, has attested that he wanted to discuss the remaster on his channel but he legally couldn't say anything about it during its development since his NDA. I wouldn't be surprised if they are aware that GOG players have been waiting for the remastered version of Quake to arrive for a long time already, but there's nothing they can say or do anything about that at the moment if there's a NDA going on for the GOG and presumably the Epic Store versions as well.

Nightdive are also still working on the game well, likely working on fixing the issues that are present in the current build and there's also the PS5 and Xbox Series ports that was also promised. The SteamDB for the game has been showing some activity with the game's Nightly and Beta branches.
Post edited September 23, 2021 by AmethystViper
low rated
PBagel: Could somebody please ban this troll already?
lexluthermiester: Thread ban is in order.
Woah, easy now! I'm getting bad vibes here, fellas!
Attachments:
Just report the troll posts, fellas. With enough reports, GOG will put him back under his bridge. I doubt it'll even bother him that much ******.

[Modded by Sarafan: Please refrain from posting inappropriate statements directed against other nationalities]
Post edited September 24, 2021 by Sarafan
low rated
danyetman: Just report the troll posts, fellas. With enough reports, GOG will put him back under his bridge. I doubt it'll even bother him that much *******
Reported for racism.

O say can you see...

[Modded by Sarafan: Edited the quoted part]
danyetman: Just report the troll posts, fellas. With enough reports, GOG will put him back under his bridge. I doubt it'll even bother him that much - after all, he's from China, so he should be used to getting censored.
I mean, that may not be so far off the mark, psychologically, now that I think about it; children who grow up being controlled tightly by their parents (or, I suppose, in this case, people oppressed by their government) often lash out irrationally when given a high degree of freedom to finally express themselves.
low rated
DarthCrunchus: I mean, that may not be so far off the mark, psychologically, now that I think about it; children who grow up being controlled tightly by their parents (or, I suppose, in this case, people oppressed by their government) often lash out irrationally when given a high degree of freedom to finally express themselves.
Fascinating stuff! Armchair psychology was what this thread truly needed to succeed!

Psycho-analyze me this, Sigmund: In what anal retentive stage does one have to be stuck in to see the online ramblings of some poor, oppressed, malnourished peasant who works 36 hour shifts in some in some hellish, ungodly sweatshop assembling shitty tech gadgets for wypipo to enjoy, then go "You know what, I object to these doubleplusungoodthink posts!. Better take this mouthy Chinaman's last remaining freedoms away by spam reporting these posts!"

Peculiar, isn't it?
DarthCrunchus: I mean, that may not be so far off the mark, psychologically, now that I think about it; children who grow up being controlled tightly by their parents (or, I suppose, in this case, people oppressed by their government) often lash out irrationally when given a high degree of freedom to finally express themselves.
fronzelneekburm: Fascinating stuff! Armchair psychology was what this thread truly needed to succeed!

Psycho-analyze me this, Sigmund: In what anal retentive stage does one have to be stuck in to see the online ramblings of some poor, oppressed, malnourished peasant who works 36 hour shifts in some in some hellish, ungodly sweatshop assembling shitty tech gadgets for wypipo to enjoy, then go "You know what, I object to these doubleplusungoodthink posts!. Better take this mouthy Chinaman's last remaining freedoms away by spam reporting these posts!"

Peculiar, isn't it?
Well, I gotta say, being a bit of a douche from the get go hasn't helped your case any. I mean, take my initial enounter with you for example; I just asked you, "can't we just be happy about something, and you turned around and twisted it out of context, completely unwarranted. You didn't exactly make the best first impression, and haven't made much of an effort to change that first image of yourself. So, I don't know where you get off expecting sympathy where you clearly don't seem to want to give any to anyone else.
danyetman: Just report the troll posts, fellas. With enough reports, GOG will put him back under his bridge. I doubt it'll even bother him that much *******.
I'd like to inform you that we don't tolerate inappropriate behavior like this on our forums. Dragging a whole nationality through mud just because some user is salty is a violation of our rules. Consider this as an official warning. Any further violations of our rules may result in a ban. If you have any questions about the moderation process please contact me through private message.
fronzelneekburm: Woah, easy now! I'm getting bad vibes here, fellas!
Now a remark for you fronzelneekburm. Please ease down with your sense of humor. It's often very provocative and generates bad emotions. Keep in mind that trolling is forbidden by our CoC and further actions will be taken if necessary. You can criticize GOG, doubt that Quake Enhanced will ever come here and so on. But your behavior slips away from normal posting that's characteristic for a healthy discussion and it's very far from the topic's subject. You've been warned in the past and it didn't do its job. Treat this as a final warning.
Also a notice for you DarthCrunchus. Please keep your posts more closely related to the topic's subject. Further offtopic discussions will result in an official warning.
@Sarafn

Could anyone give us finally some news?
Yes, back to the topic. Please.
Other than Quake remastered has an extended Limited Run Games pre-order period for anyone looking to get a physical or limited edition version to have on their shelves for their PlayStation 4 or Switch, not much else is going on at the moment as far as the PC release is concerned.
I hope Quake enhanced comes soon
Berzerk2k2: Could anyone give us finally some news?
I'm not a GOG employee, so I don't know on which stage are the preparations to release Quake Enhanced. Probably there are some complications and that's why it's taking so long.
Sarafan: I'm not a GOG employee, so I don't know on which stage are the preparations to release Quake Enhanced.
But since you are a mod you should have contacts to GOG team people and could ask if somebody (maybe SmollestLight him/herself) would finally be willing to share some infos.

When there are problems getting the update done then why is nobody just telling us "hey people, it might take a bit longer because [insert problem here]." Then we all would at least know a little bit more besides "it will be available here at some point".

I mean more than a month has passed now since SmollestLight announced that the update will be on GOG and that was the last time we heard anything about this from anyone. Clearly they (Nightdive etc.) must have made some kind of progress during this time.

NDAs of any kind also don't really make sense here because

A) the game and its expansion packs have been available on GOG since years now
B) we are talking about an update/patch for a game that has been released 25 years ago
C) the update has been released on many other stores and platforms more than a month ago

Just let people know what's going on. They'll understand it and calm down once they know the reasons. Just be more communicative.
Post edited September 26, 2021 by Berzerk2k2