It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

DarthCrunchus: just be happy about something
fronzelneekburm: About what, exactly? About one of the gog staffers stepping in and doing damage control by assuring us that the new version "will be available"?

Now, unless this actually happens, the new version shows up here and it's feature complete, I see little reason to get overly excited ahead of time.

AmethystViper: it was a known server-related issue regarding accessing the downloadable add-ons under the Known Issues section that is affecting ALL platforms that they're trying to fix which may also explain why the GOG version hasn't arrived yet.
fronzelneekburm: lol, how would that explain the absence of a gog version? As you said, the issue affects ALL platforms, yet they had no qualms releasing the game on those anyway. But for some reason this issue that affects ALL platforms is - according to your reasoning - severe enough to withhold a gog build for the time being. That don't make any sense, it doesn't!

And how would that explain why gog is not even listed as one of the platforms the enhanced version is/will be available for? Really gets the noggin' joggin'...
The listing on the Bethesda website is for current enhanced released availability. It says nothing about future releases. This is has nothing to do with GOG being lazy. If they had the remaster, they would have given it to us. Withholding it, or lying about getting it in the future doesn't make any sense.

I'm frankly embarrassed with the way some of you have been acting.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by PBagel
AmethystViper: do us a favor and go back to Steam instead of projecting your poison over here.
PBagel: I'm frankly embarrassed with the way some of you have been acting.
I guess you two bozos haven't been paying attention to the Quake thread in GD lately, so here's your Good News!™ for today:
Berzerk2k2: So the thing I would like to ask is when the enhanced edition update will arrive on GOG. A team member has announced already that it will be there but unfortunately since that announcement happened there has been radio silence regarding any news. Some people over there are already starting to feel overlooked and/or forgotten so if you could give me any new info about why the update hasn't arrived yet it would be very nice. Is it because you need a Bethesda account for add-on stuff and multiplayer or is there any other reason why it has not arrived yet?

Altazimuth: It's being worked on. The situation with the GOG version is a bit complicated.

Altazimuth: I don't feel I can go into further detail, sorry. I'd hope there's word from Bethesda or id some time soon, but I have no idea if there will be.

Berzerk2k2: So in other words we can't expect the update to appear any time soon?

Altazimuth: Don't expect one, no.
Sauce
He isn't saying that there won't be a GOG version, he's saying not to expect it any time soon. This really isn't a big deal.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by PBagel
fronzelneekburm: About what, exactly? About one of the gog staffers stepping in and doing damage control by assuring us that the new version "will be available"?

Now, unless this actually happens, the new version shows up here and it's feature complete, I see little reason to get overly excited ahead of time.

AmethystViper: it was a known server-related issue regarding accessing the downloadable add-ons under the Known Issues section that is affecting ALL platforms that they're trying to fix which may also explain why the GOG version hasn't arrived yet.
fronzelneekburm: lol, how would that explain the absence of a gog version? As you said, the issue affects ALL platforms, yet they had no qualms releasing the game on those anyway. But for some reason this issue that affects ALL platforms is - according to your reasoning - severe enough to withhold a gog build for the time being. That don't make any sense, it doesn't!

And how would that explain why gog is not even listed as one of the platforms the enhanced version is/will be available for? Really gets the noggin' joggin'...
I love how you decide to cheryy pick my response to make me look like the a-hole. Thanks for that.
fronzelneekburm: <snip>
Congratulations, you played yourself.
You guys are unbelieveable. Be nice lol. GOG itself is such a friendly platform but its forums are so catty
fjdgshdkeavd: You guys are unbelieveable. Be nice lol. GOG itself is such a friendly platform but its forums are so catty
It's ******** being a ******* to people over nothing here.

[Modded by Sarafan: Please refrain from insulting other users]
Post edited October 28, 2021 by Sarafan
AmethystViper: It's ******* being a ******* to people over nothing here.
Oh, come off it, you thin-skinned weeb. I pointed out that gog isn't even listed as a platform in Bethesda's official announcement and you somehow took offense at the phrase "did you read the the link" and threw a fit.

[Modded by Sarafan: Edited the quoted part]
Post edited October 28, 2021 by Sarafan
So I tried to get in contact with the Bethesda support but they are not able or willing to give us any new information. Sucks.
I mean at this point there is nothing else to do but wait. Also people have managed to make patches to enable playing the new episodes in other sourceports like Quakespasm-spiked.

If you all are interested, here is the thread: https://quakeone.com/forum/quake-talk/quake-central/283211-quake-enhanced-is-out-now
fronzelneekburm: Oh, come off it, you thin-skinned weeb. I pointed out that gog isn't even listed as a platform in Bethesda's official announcement and you somehow took offense at the phrase "did you read the the link" and threw a fit.
Keep projecting and talking crap, you're giving me more ammo to report you. And by the way, you've been acting like a douche to other people while making another user here look bad pushing your narrative of "Quake enhanced is not coming to GOG, you're stupid for thinking it will".

Sarafan: Please refrain from insulting other users. It's a violation of our Code of Conduct: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. Consider this as a warning. If you have any questions regarding the moderation process, please contact me or any other moderator through the private message system.
Can you please do something about fronzelneekburm's attitude problem on this forum thread, he has been insulting and attacking users on this forum multiple times already.

https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_enhanced_update/post107

https://www.gog.com/forum/quake_series/quake_enhanced_update/post104
Post edited August 31, 2021 by AmethystViper
While I do understand that things can get heated sometimes, I would like to ask all of you to refrain from submitting posts that may be considered provocative. There wasn't a major violation of our Code of Conduct, so I won't point particular users, but please remember to remain civil in the course of discussion, thank you.
Post edited August 31, 2021 by Sarafan

GOG is SP-focused. Versions are DRM free and MP/coop free unless they have LAN or split screen play. All that client stuff has to be removed for it to be sold on GOG. Takes time. I remember when GFWL had to be removed for Bio-shock.

So if patience isn't a virtue you have, and waiting bothers you so much, buy and play it on Steam. Personally, I reinstalled my Steam copy I've had a million years which I uninstalled when I got it on GOG to play the new mission packs and when GOG releases their updated version eventually, I will uninstall it from Steam again and continue to play it on GOG.

lol, how would that explain the absence of a gog version? As you said, the issue affects ALL platforms, yet they had no qualms releasing the game on those anyway. But for some reason this issue that affects ALL platforms is - according to your reasoning - severe enough to withhold a gog build for the time being. That don't make any sense, it doesn't!

pcpotato459: GOG is SP-focused. Versions are DRM free and MP/coop free unless they have LAN or split screen play. All that client stuff has to be removed for it to be sold on GOG. Takes time. I remember when GFWL had to be removed for Bio-shock.

So if patience isn't a virtue you have, and waiting bothers you so much, buy and play it on Steam. Personally, I reinstalled my Steam copy I've had a million years which I uninstalled when I got it on GOG to play the new mission packs and when GOG releases their updated version eventually, I will uninstall it from Steam again and continue to play it on GOG.
Sort of true. While the record can be spotty there are plenty of newer titles that offer multiplayer services on GOG. Usually I do a search to see what games offer multiplayer through their own servers or through non-Steam servers. Steam offers their servers to game developers to use for multiplayer to both ease development costs and provide an advantage over their competitiors. Then again, it's not like multiplayer can't be modded back in....
I heard the enhanced version has some problems, so I don't mind waiting some more until it gets at least one patch.
I want to make a 3D Vision fix for the game, play it and then play/fix Quake II RTX. But I have other games to play in the meantime.

I just hope the GOG version won't be forgotten...