It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

SmollestLight: As you may have noticed, Quake® Enhanced (updated and visually enhanced version of the original) is available on Steam since Aug 19th. We're in talks with the publisher and have their confirmation that the GOG version of the update is currently being finalised, and will be available on GOG.COM. We'll be sure to let you know when that happens.
GOG users who already own Quake will automatically receive the new enhanced version with a free download.
I already had Quake on both Steam and GOG, and run the id1 folder thru DarkPlaces. If you already have Quake on Steam they toss you the Enhanced Update for free. I played it this morning on Windows 10 just to check out Dimensions Of The Machine (md1 folder). DOTM is pretty good but nothing to write home about. Nonetheless, if GOG gets it and I can run it thru DarkPlaces on Linux I'll gladly plop down $10 just to support a DRM-free release.
QWEEDDYZ: Quake Enchanced is DRM game - with SteamClient DRM and Bethesda. It not so fast to make proper build for GOG by bethesda - and then some time additionaly to test it by GOG. GOG is not Valve - GOG will test relseases as well.

And yet, fitst step - making proper build for GOG by bethesda - can last very long. Custom launcher differ than in Steam, i guess.
i don't care what the reason is. I still missed out on the update because i chose to buy the game on gog instead of steam.
QWEEDDYZ: Quake Enchanced is DRM game - with SteamClient DRM and Bethesda. It not so fast to make proper build for GOG by bethesda - and then some time additionaly to test it by GOG. GOG is not Valve - GOG will test relseases as well.

And yet, fitst step - making proper build for GOG by bethesda - can last very long. Custom launcher differ than in Steam, i guess.
ASneakyFox: i don't care what the reason is. I still missed out on the update because i chose to buy the game on gog instead of steam.
Than you should go ask bethesda why they sell some other games instead of block every store pages of every games until they bring update to GOG.

What? It nonsense? Why it is not nonsense to demand this from GOG?

(this is not personally to you, but to someone else who really think this is GOG laziness)
Post edited August 28, 2021 by QWEEDDYZ
because i bought the game from gog.
I came here to learn & share intel on slipgates to new Quake content but all I found was a deathmatch.

* silently farts then noclips through a wall *
chansmith: Does that make you feel like a big boy being an *****?
Sarafan: Please refrain from insulting other users. It's a violation of our Code of Conduct: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. Consider this as a warning. If you have any questions regarding the moderation process, please contact me or any other moderator through the private message system.
OH so they can say what they want and it's ok. Typical.
Sarafan: Please refrain from insulting other users. It's a violation of our Code of Conduct: https://support.gog.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001814049-Forum-Code-of-Conduct?product=gog. Consider this as a warning. If you have any questions regarding the moderation process, please contact me or any other moderator through the private message system.
chansmith: OH so they can say what they want and it's ok. Typical.
They never insulted you directly. If anything, they insinuated that you were acting like a spoiled brat. You therefore lashed out directly and were lectured by the staff for doing so. If I may say so...

LOG OFF FOR A WEEK.

Let it all pass over. Let your head get cool and come back and try again. The internet is a terrible place when you're pissed off.
We are all [s]one[/s] old here, isnt? So we have a lot of staff to do in IRL (even if retiree). We can wait... can we?
where is my update to quake ?
tomek123pl: where is my update to quake ?
Patience, Grasshoppah.
ASneakyFox: I now feel like I have to do research on GOG to make sure that I will be getting the same content as if i bought it on steam.
Worry not! Your friendly gog forum users have got you covered!

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post1

This is an ongoing list of games where gog customers are getting inferior versions compared other platforms (or are getting screwed by the dev/publisher in other creative ways).

Heh, did you read the the link? Especially the part about which platforms the Enhanced Edition will be available for?

Quote:

Platforms

PC:
Steam
Bethesda Launcher
Microsoft Windows Store
Notice something missing there? ;-P
You don't have to read much into it to see that gog apparently isn't exactly high up their priority list.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by fronzelneekburm
ASneakyFox: I now feel like I have to do research on GOG to make sure that I will be getting the same content as if i bought it on steam.
fronzelneekburm: Worry not! Your friendly gog forum users have got you covered!

https://www.gog.com/forum/general/games_that_treat_gog_customers_as_second_class_citizens_v2/post1

This is an ongoing list of games where gog customers are getting inferior versions compared other platforms (or are getting screwed by the dev/publisher in other creative ways).

fronzelneekburm: Heh, did you read the the link? Especially the part about which platforms the Enhanced Edition will be available for?

Quote:

Platforms

PC:
Steam
Bethesda Launcher
Microsoft Windows Store
fronzelneekburm: Notice something missing there? ;-P
You don't have to read much into it to see that gog apparently isn't exactly high up their priority list.
Can we please just be happy about something without someone trying trying to rain on the parade? Can we? Please?
fronzelneekburm: Heh, did you read the the link? Especially the part about which platforms the Enhanced Edition will be available for?
Maybe you should learn how to take your own advice because that wasn't what I was referring to in my reply when I linked the official Quake Enhanced FAQ from Bethesda — which I fully read, by the way — it was a known server-related issue regarding accessing the downloadable add-ons under the Known Issues section that is affecting ALL platforms that they're trying to fix which may also explain why the GOG version hasn't arrived yet.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by AmethystViper
DarthCrunchus: just be happy about something
About what, exactly? About one of the gog staffers stepping in and doing damage control by assuring us that the new version "will be available"?

Now, unless this actually happens, the new version shows up here and it's feature complete, I see little reason to get overly excited ahead of time.

AmethystViper: it was a known server-related issue regarding accessing the downloadable add-ons under the Known Issues section that is affecting ALL platforms that they're trying to fix which may also explain why the GOG version hasn't arrived yet.
lol, how would that explain the absence of a gog version? As you said, the issue affects ALL platforms, yet they had no qualms releasing the game on those anyway. But for some reason this issue that affects ALL platforms is - according to your reasoning - severe enough to withhold a gog build for the time being. That don't make any sense, it doesn't!

And how would that explain why gog is not even listed as one of the platforms the enhanced version is/will be available for? Really gets the noggin' joggin'...
fronzelneekburm: <snip>
How about you stop using whatever mental gymnastics you're using to attack people because "muh quake remaster is not GOG" when it's not on GOG's hands, or better yet, do us a favor and go back to Steam instead of projecting your poison over here.
Post edited August 30, 2021 by AmethystViper