It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

The latest patch is amazing. It seems to work perfectly for me. The only slight problem is that I seem to need to have the game installed on the C drive or I get a "please insert hard drive" error.
Awesome stuff! With the previously posted INI tweaks, it works great.

However, the camera is a bit too high in 16:9 resolutions (1280x720). Is it possible to move it down a bit? I've dug through some INIs, but failed to find anything relating to camera placement.
While these widescreen patches are very welcome, isn't there anyway to activate hardware mode instead of software because the performance becomes unbearable on the highe resolutions? Also, I wonder. Isn't it possible to get 1680x1050 or 1920x1200/1080 or doesn't the game start if you try.

I'm getting about 40FPS at 1280x800, 60FPS at 800x600 and 80FPS at 640x480. I haven't tried with different eye candy settings though. This is on a Q9550, 4GB ram and 8800GT with Win7 64-bit.
Yes, using the 16:9 resolutions the camera is so high. For this reasson i dont like the 16:9 mode. But could be possible that Zrnger apply some kind of fix to down it ?
Nirth_90: isn't there anyway to activate hardware mode instead of software because the performance becomes unbearable on the highe resolutions?
That would require re-creating the entire game engine from scratch, pretty much. So.. it's not likely to happen.
Nirth_90: isn't there anyway to activate hardware mode instead of software because the performance becomes unbearable on the highe resolutions?
DreadMoth: That would require re-creating the entire game engine from scratch, pretty much. So.. it's not likely to happen.
So if I were to rebuild my old computer from 2002-2003 era it wouldn't help at all, if only that I will run XP 32bit instead of Windows 7 64-bit?
Nirth_90: So if I were to rebuild my old computer from 2002-2003 era it wouldn't help at all, if only that I will run XP 32bit instead of Windows 7 64-bit?
It *might* improve compatibility with some aspects of the game, but otherwise, probably not. Most likely it would just run the game slower, as a processor from that era wouldn't really compare with something newer.

Just to clarify what I said before: Outcast does not have a hardware rendering mode. The graphics in Outcast are generated by the CPU - the only task performed by the graphics card is to send the video signal to your monitor.
To add a hardware rendering mode would effectively require a complete re-write of the games code.
Nirth_90: So if I were to rebuild my old computer from 2002-2003 era it wouldn't help at all, if only that I will run XP 32bit instead of Windows 7 64-bit?
DreadMoth: It *might* improve compatibility with some aspects of the game, but otherwise, probably not. Most likely it would just run the game slower, as a processor from that era wouldn't really compare with something newer.

Just to clarify what I said before: Outcast does not have a hardware rendering mode. The graphics in Outcast are generated by the CPU - the only task performed by the graphics card is to send the video signal to your monitor.
To add a hardware rendering mode would effectively require a complete re-write of the games code.
Gotcha! I will do a reconstruction of how my games and OS are located after Christmas and then I will add XP 32bit to dual boot, hopefully compatibility will be better as you said, it will have to do for a while.
Post edited December 05, 2010 by Nirth_90
Is there a way to make the patch work with the CD-version of the game?
VladanStef: However, the camera is a bit too high in 16:9 resolutions (1280x720). Is it possible to move it down a bit? I've dug through some INIs, but failed to find anything relating to camera placement.
Yes, I was asking the same thing a few months back. You can't see Cutter when you go prone in 16:9. Perhaps the camera angle was hard-coded into the engine though?
could be very interesting to fix the camera position in the 16:9 modes. Maybe the most important at this point.
Don't worry,, I worked it ouy
Post edited December 16, 2010 by Laser
guys, when I run this patch and select a resolution from the list then launch the game, viewable window is always the same size, only the menu size changes (when hitting esc, all the menus appear bigger)

Any ideas what might be going on?

I'm running Windows 7, and ATI 5770 with a i7-870 cpu

EDIT: Figured it out, I didn't change the resolution in the settings menu... now all good..runs and looks greaaaat
Post edited December 17, 2010 by stealthmaker
VladanStef: Awesome stuff! With the previously posted INI tweaks, it works great.

However, the camera is a bit too high in 16:9 resolutions (1280x720). Is it possible to move it down a bit? I've dug through some INIs, but failed to find anything relating to camera placement.
Which INI tweaks are you referring too exactly?

The ones that Muskie posted?

Or some others?
patch works great

thanks very much!