It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johntodd: Anybody still here?

-John
Geromino: Apparently not ...
Johntodd: Expeditions are fun. They are time limited, though.
Geromino: Thats why they aint actually fun.

Also you need - again - an online connection for no good reason, too.
Some expeditions are better than others but on the whole quite enjoyable from my limited experience. You only need a online connection (i.e. via Internet) to experience multiplayer functions including, as far as I am aware expeditions. Otherwise you are free to explore solo offline. Not sure by what other method people would expect to be able to connect with other players across the globe without using the internet.
Eh there are secondary reasons why I dont want to connect my best gaming computer to the internet right now.

And I really dont want the multiplayer part of NMS. I see no point to it.

If this is supposed to be a MMO or just a somewhat decent multiplayer game, then HelloGames has a LOT of work left to do.

And I wouldnt have time for a MMO anymore anyway.
Guess what?

Portokali is now a floating-island planet! It is in the Nirats-Rud system where Gogus Prime and Gogus Proxima are.

-John
Post edited August 05, 2024 by Johntodd
Nice! Unfortunately, this turned Gogus prime into a 'Hazy Planet'... The new colour doesn't suit my orange base at all! ;D
rostfreyh: Nice! Unfortunately, this turned Gogus prime into a 'Hazy Planet'... The new colour doesn't suit my orange base at all! ;D
IKR!?!? My beloved Iraksh has been changed into one of those glowing bioluminant planets. Same terrain, different flora.

Me sad. :(

I'm scouting for mroe floating island planets in GoG space. Let us build bases o one of them.

Rost, can you make contact wiht some of our old friends? Let's see if we can have a planet with lots of people.

-YOur Ambassador;
-John
Wait, this is the first I've heard of a GOG space. Tell me more?
ATTENTION!!!

Lord Murray doth make tweet!

https://x.com/NoMansSky/status/1830018887280173234
CymTyr: Wait, this is the first I've heard of a GOG space. Tell me more?
As you've probably noticed by now - it's something rather inactive ;)

When the No Man's Sky multiplayer was released for GOG, there was no crossplay, so we joined forces here and colonized a whole region in Euclid. After a few years, though, people scattered across the damn big universe.

But there are still some really good bases around the old and new centers. I can definitely recommend a sightseeing tour.
CymTyr: Wait, this is the first I've heard of a GOG space. Tell me more?
rostfreyh: As you've probably noticed by now - it's something rather inactive ;)

When the No Man's Sky multiplayer was released for GOG, there was no crossplay, so we joined forces here and colonized a whole region in Euclid. After a few years, though, people scattered across the damn big universe.

But there are still some really good bases around the old and new centers. I can definitely recommend a sightseeing tour.
Thanks!