It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Hi there.

Been a long, very long time since I've been around -- quite nice to see, that Good Old Galaxy is still alive and kicking :)

I've recently been playing offline for some hours now (permadeath for kicks this time, but I do keep backups for when the game decides to bug out on me ...), after ditching a previous online PD save, and despite running into the same old bugs, I do enjoy the experience.

The game even managed to totally surprise me with an impressive biome I've never seen before.

Anyhow, I've set up a Discord for Good Old Galaxy now, as GOG's forum software finally managed to annoy me enough to do so. Can be found here.

Now back to farming for my Venator Resurgent S-Class ...

Edit: And the forum software bit me again. *sigh*
Post edited October 15, 2021 by ksj8ak2
Whew! Expedition 4 in the house!
ksj8ak2: Hi there.

Been a long, very long time since I've been around -- quite nice to see, that Good Old Galaxy is still alive and kicking :)
[...]

Anyhow, I've set up a Discord for Good Old Galaxy now, as GOG's forum software finally managed to annoy me enough to do so. Can be found here.

Now back to farming for my Venator Resurgent S-Class ...

Edit: And the forum software bit me again. *sigh*
Hi ksj8ak2 :)

It's nice that you've stopped by again. It's been quiet in GoGinized space, but I'm still around from time to time.

Thanks for the space for stupid pictures on Discord! :)
When any of you get a chance, I'd really love it if you'd stop by my main base and look at the little mini-restaurant and the exhibition hall that I have added to it.

It's located in GoG-83 (Saiokawa), planet Iraksh, and the base name is "New Tranquility Main Base".

Many of you have been there before. It's that glass monstrosity I built under a cliff/in a cave.

Thanks!
-John
SEEKING PERMISSION;

My Great Ones;

I have been accepted into membership of the Galactic Hub Project, the oldest and largest hub in No Man's Sky.

I would like to begin construction, at my own expense, of our first embassy in one of their systems.

Say ye YAY or NAY?

Also, what style of embassy? Dark, foreboding? Light and airy? I was thinking "junked out low-rent trashy/broken" style.

Your thoughts?
Your Loving Ambassador,
-John

references:

https://nomanssky.fandom.com/wiki/Galactic_Hub_Project

Embassy Row:
https://nomanssky.fandom.com/wiki/Savenix_Instability

Reddit:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NMSGalacticHub/
I'm not much of a base builder; my efforts tend toward simple 2x3 wooden outposts or even a simple mud hut, so the effort (or practicality) involved in something more elaborate always amazes me.

That caveat out of the way, perhaps something like a classical villa built around a peristyle garden for exotics?
dashiichi: I'm not much of a base builder; my efforts tend toward simple 2x3 wooden outposts or even a simple mud hut, so the effort (or practicality) involved in something more elaborate always amazes me.

That caveat out of the way, perhaps something like a classical villa built around a peristyle garden for exotics?
I like it!

Doing research and will begin!
OK, I took dashiichi's idea and ran with it.

I'd like to present GoG Civilized Space's very first embassy in another hub!

I'm still putting the finishing touches on it, but I'd like for everyone to visit your new embassy and offer some ideas and feedback.

Or help yourself to the food. The flatbread looks particularly yummy! :)

Please see the attached screenshot for the glyphs. It's on Danet Prime, and the base icon is red (for me, do you see it that way?)

Huge base = long load time. There is an SRT in the landing pad building that takes you to the front door.

Come one, come all!

Your Loving Ambassador;
-John

PS I have a portal base on Iraksh, in GoG-83, if anyone needs it.
Attachments:
456.jpg (34 Kb)
456.jpg (65 Kb)
Post edited November 06, 2021 by Johntodd
Impressive!

Small home for a pet to keep the varmits away? ;-)
Attachments:
pet.jpg (250 Kb)
dashiichi: Impressive!

Small home for a pet to keep the varmits away? ;-)
Thanks!

LOL! I put stuff like that in my bases to see if anyone finds it. :)

Any thoughts or ideas? I took your idea and looked up some images on the Goog. This is based on a picture of some villa I saw. Don't even remember the name. ;)
Johntodd: Any thoughts or ideas? I took your idea and looked up some images on the Goog. This is based on a picture of some villa I saw. Don't even remember the name. ;)
I did notice a couple of glitches. The exocraft summoning station on the cylindrical building is off-center. Look to the north at it and you'll see the offset. Also, the stairs leading up in the hexagonal tower (far left as you enter through the main doors) don't meet the flooring quite right, as a slight jetpack hop is needed to clear the lip going up.

But it's very imaginative and well made. Thumbs up!
COME ONE COME ALL TO THE GRAND OPENING!!!

I am pleased to report that construction of our first embassy is completed.

Glyphs are in one of the screenshots attached.

Come and make your presence felt in another Hub system, The Galactic Hub Project, which is the oldest and biggest hub in NMS.

COME ONE COME ALL!!!

(I have a portal base on planet Iraksh in GoG-83 if anyone needs to use it.)

-John

PS dashiichi I will fix those things soon, thanks!

https://imgur.com/a/JKMFYdD
Attachments:
Post edited November 07, 2021 by Johntodd
Looks nice on the pictures.
I went to Danet Prime but servers were probably too busy to load all the bases. I could only see two bases in total on the planet and even in-system teleporting failed.
Will try anotherr day. What is the base name BTW?
Attachments:
mayuro: Looks nice on the pictures.
I went to Danet Prime but servers were probably too busy to load all the bases. I could only see two bases in total on the planet and even in-system teleporting failed.
Well, rats.

The base name is "GoG Civilized Space Embassy @GHP".
mayuro: Looks nice on the pictures.
Look roughly WNW from the arrival portal. The portal's axis is approximately on an E-W axis, so looking towards the west along the portal axis the icon for the base is a bit to the right. Currently between two settlement icons but that's subject to change.

Landing pad coordinates 23.94N 118.07E, so aim for 24 118 and you'll be almost on top of it.