It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

WOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

https://www.nomanssky.com/frontiers-update/
ACCKKKK!!!

My main base, "New Tranquility", on planet Iraksh, is trash! The update has damaged it, so avoid the area at all costs.

IDK if I should repair it or delete and build somewhere else.

Your thoughts? (<---open to anyone)

-John
Johntodd: ACCKKKK!!!

My main base, "New Tranquility", on planet Iraksh, is trash! The update has damaged it, so avoid the area at all costs.

IDK if I should repair it or delete and build somewhere else.

Your thoughts? (<---open to anyone)

-John
Hi John, wait some days... I read in steam community about many various problems... it's always the same: HG will give us several patches in the next days and all will get better.... we only will have to wait a little bit...

I have some trouble with the keyboard, base building seems to be difficulter via keyboard.. I hope they will optimize some things here...

But the update is very interesting, I need some time to try all new things :)
If the Iraksh planet sucks now, John, maybe you'd have more fun moving on from there. Leave a waypoint thing there for old time's sake, and venture forth to build something even more awesome elsewhere! :) Good luck to you either way!

Edit:

Well folks, I am out. I've decided to roll back to an older version of the game that I like better. As a result, I won't be able to play online. That said, some of your bases in GOG Space are still in my save file and there your work will endure!

I wasn't super responsible with my client backups, but I did manage to save one of the last updates before they got rid of the red themed UI, which I totally prefer. I'll be using version 2.27 that I saved on Feb 23rd, 2020. My last compatible save file back up was November 28th, 2019, but that's actually really nice because it's my one main normal mode save that I have the most fond and clear memories of.

What's crazy is there really isn't any update between then and now that I can't live without.

Take care of yourselves! :)
Post edited September 02, 2021 by Tatwi
WOOOHOOOO!!!!1!!!

My new settlement is on Gogus Proxima, a tropical planet!

Come on by and see the Center of the Universe!

Thanks everyone, for your encouraging words.

-John
Johntodd: WOOOHOOOO!!!!1!!!

My new settlement is on Gogus Proxima, a tropical planet!

Come on by and see the Center of the Universe!

Thanks everyone, for your encouraging words.

-John
Wow, ok, very cool. I'll look at it very soon...
C'mon Tatwi! Don't leave!

ALSO, an UPDATE:

My main base, "New Tranquility", has been restored!

I'll use the Save Editor to make a backup of it, then delete it. I think some of you are correct, I should move on.

My new main base is on Gogus Proxima, overlooking my new settlement. It's still a work in progress, but feel free to stop by and look at how those new base parts look when installed. I have focused mostly on "Alloy" parts.

-John
Post edited September 03, 2021 by Johntodd
Tatwi: [...]
Edit:[...]
I understand you well. Many of the new features, which actually always sound like pretty good additions, seem rather artificially imposed and not really integrated. None of it really keeps me hooked when I try the updates from time to time. Fortunately, none of it really bothers me either - I just ignore most of it.

Have fun with whatever version you choose and visit the Good old Galaxy tribal areas again sometime if you feel like it!
Seems we all settle in our home system :)
My "Abydos Heights" settlement is on Desertum with a new base just on top. But base building is really a pain with this version. Hope the next patches improve it soon.
Tatwi: Well folks, I am out.
You never know, maybe one of the next feature releases moves the game back in your direction?
If you prefer another of the old releases, I think I still have some of the 2.x and 3.x installers stored here.

Have fun
Post edited September 08, 2021 by mayuro
I built my first Curious Deposit nanites farm today. The result was convincing, although I think I have seen significantly larger deposits. However, I have not been that interested in them so far. I have only come across these by accident so far.

Are there any tips for finding these deposits? Higher chances on certain planets or something like that?
Nanite farms are so much fun! I have over 500K nanites from my farm. Sometimes Facebook is a good thing. That's where I learned about it.

For all my European and British friends:

Right now I am working my way through this;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2KcsjA_PEQ&amp;list=RDe6AuSs55t64

As a lifelong musician, I can read it, but , t is Mahler! I cannot play it. Woe is me! I wish I could!

So happy to be your Ambassador;

-John
Johntodd: Nanite farms are so much fun! I have over 500K nanites from my farm. Sometimes Facebook is a good thing. That's where I learned about it. [...]

-John
Ahoi John!

Actually, I've just been bitten by the hunting bug again. I actually have enough nanites, too.

Have you found any clues as to whether there are places with a higher chance of (better) occurrences?

I'm currently searching the Goginized Space. I've discovered a few smaller deposits. The best place so far is a place with two very small spots (together about 6000 mould / 1200 nanites per pass). That isn't very much (afaik).
Post edited September 11, 2021 by rostfreyh
I found another one in gog-space: [GoG/88] near Nirats Rud II (f.k.a. GoG/87)

Again two nearby deposits. But this time together about 10k running mould. I built a base with short range teleporters and two refiners there. That's 2000 nanites per run (in 20 minutes refining).

The deposits are instant respawning if you just go away a few units or starting and landing with your spaceship for example. So if someone needs nanites feel free to use it.
Runaway Mould is hard to find. But I have attached some glyphs to this post of where my big farm is. It is not on GoG space. Euclid.

ALSO, it would seem that base screenshots are working again on the teleporter pages. In order to make them appear, you must go to your BC and take a NEW screenshot, then upload the base again.

It will appear on your teleporter pages anywhere from a few minutes to a couple of hours.

If anyone is interested, planet Woki (disc. by Rostfreyh), in system Huzouka, just to the "right" of GoG-83 Saiokawa, has a Trade Post that will sell you 57 Drop Pod Coordinate Datas.

[EDIT] A Base Computer icon by itself cannot be uploaded! Sorry.
Attachments:
456.jpg (19 Kb)
Post edited October 07, 2021 by Johntodd
Why don't we all come back to GoG Space, specifically Nirats, and build settlements in that system?

So far we have them on Gogus Prime and Gogus Proxima!
Post edited October 05, 2021 by Johntodd