It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I prefer playing in Suvival Mode. I recently went to a planet in survival mode where I had a base in normal mode and the base wasn't there. So it seems that discoveries are shared between game modes, but bases are not. News to me! :)

Anyway, I think I will make my way to GOG space in survival mode and set up a base or two. Anyone else there already?
If anyone is still interested in these things:

DROP POD COORDINATES and SALVAGE DATA.

I was taught today that Minor Settlements can sell both/either.

I also learned that they restock the items each time you visit, provided you leave the area.

So I built 2 bases, each one at a minor settlement.

You come and purchase at one base and then teleport to the other, purchase something there.

Because they restock each time, you can bounce back-and-forth forever until your slots are full.

This is all on planet Junoy, which is in GoG-83.

Just look for my base icon(s) and go to either one to get started. The purchases are with the merchant, NOT the sales terminal.

:*
-John
[snip]
Post edited September 09, 2020 by Johntodd
It would seem our group is falling apart. So sad.

Let us rejuvenate the GoG Civilized Space program. Let's explore the systems around GoG Space and claim more systems. Let us build bases to new heights and new designs!

Let us recruit new members. Let us get in touch with old members who have drifted away. Let us invite friends we already have but are not in GoG Space.

With malice towards none, and charity for all, let us make GoG Civilized Space the greatest of them all!

Your devoted Ambassador;
-John
That's a mighty fine idea, John!

I've been making my way there in survival mode. 435K LY to go! Once there, I will set up a base in GOG space and claim some more systems (heh which I will name properly this time...), as discoveries are shared between game modes.

Hope everyone is out there somewhere having fun!

Edit:

I've made it to the general region. Stopped at a place with a single planet to make it easier to loacate a portal and it turned out to be pretty cool, so I claimed it as [GOG-00] Jack Napier. I named the planet Genesis of Burton. It's located at 07F6:0082:0812:0200 if you're out that way.
Attachments:
Post edited August 18, 2020 by Tatwi
Hello to all :)

I'm very busy since the corona situation at my job and this will continue the next month. So I can't play very long time and I have no time for new explorations and member recruting. I'm very sorry about this, but the real live is the number 1 for me...

But I like NMS very much and if I have a little bit time I play at on of my bases oder jump to neighbor bases. So I wish you all good luck to find new player for the GOG universe! Have fun :)
Well, I'm starting to fall apart for sure, but apart from that, I'm not going anywhere! It's just that I'd been devoting my precious Electronic Recreation Time for Oblivion modding lately (very entertaining, this meta-gaming - or is it para-gaming?).

But I have to admit, that the multi-platform Nexus cooled things down a little bit for me. Now, whenever I enter the Anomaly, it's crowded like never before, sure, but at the same time, I'm feeling alone as never before ...

Things in the Anomaly now seem to reflect the difference between your average GOG forum vs Steam forum, if you get my meaning.

- - -

See you soon, John, et. al.! I'm sure it wouldn't need another virus-affiliated lockdown to get us to meet in space!

(@ Nob: I hold dear the remembrance of the Sunday morning explorations during lockdown -- to me that was MP-gaming at its nicest :))
Hey, look! Myself, I'm out of time right now:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/new_friend_for_nms

:D
I've set up a base in the [GOG-87] - Omning Lidkorjah, on the desert planet Desertum, in Survival Mode. It's an underwater themed base located near the center of an ocean. There are treasures to be found!

[GOG-87] Undersea Adventure (Euclid Core)

Treasure Hunting:
- 10 on the sea floor.
- 30 in each of the two cave systems (one may have 40, I lost count!).
- Can you find your way to the flag?
- Follow the electrical wires if you get lost!

Services:
- 5 landing pads.
- Nautilon exocraft terminal.
- 4500 Oxygen in the tanks outside the main door.
- Trade terminal.
- Teleporter.
- 2 medium and 1 large refiner.

It appears to be the only base in the system in this mode, so there's lots of room for more! If you'd like to build a base here in this mode, note that only 1 base per planet per account is stored on the Hello Games server, so others will only see the most recently uploaded base on the planet. Basically, if you already have uploaded a base on "Planet X" in Normal Mode, then don't upload another one on "Planet X" in Survival Mode.
Attachments:
Post edited August 20, 2020 by Tatwi
Ahoi! Summer break and/or covid-job-crazy-stuff here, too! CU you in a few weeks! :)
Tatwi: Survival Mode.
AWWWW MANNNNN!!!

Do it again in Normal Mode, pretty pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese.
In response to my previous post and replies,

We have entire systems in GoG-Space already claimed that have no bases built there at all.

Why don't we confine ourselves to GoG-Space for a while and build it out?

Also, I claimed another system for us, it is GoG-BD Rutabaga-Other.

See screenshots for coords. It is to the north of GoG-Space core area.

(For some reason it won't convert to glyphs.)
Attachments:
gogbd.jpg (70 Kb)
Post edited August 23, 2020 by Johntodd
Come see the Paragon Cathedral!

My most ambitious and lovely base yet! Here in GoG Space!

Something to attract new players / new members for GoG Civilized Space. Please let me know what you think.

(see screenshots for glyphs)

-John
Attachments:
cath1.jpg (409 Kb)
Post edited September 09, 2020 by Johntodd
Hi everyone!

Say hello to LaughingMonkey, our newest member!

He has built a nice fortress-style base on Iraksh, in GoG-83.

He plays on Steam so he probs wont make an account to comment here.

Cheers!
-John
Ok, maybe it's because i'm french and we like to complain, but... god, this weekly mission is unbearable!

Cannot reach the point where anomaly is, every base has glitch, landings are awful, point of view is making me sick du to bended camera...

I mean, idea of gravitationnal anomaly is really cool. But done like this, hell no!

I went back to portal to get my albumen easy, just to avoid staying a minute more than required on this hellish planet!

Also, Hello and Welcome to everyone i may have missed since my last come on this place!
Post edited September 20, 2020 by Melokhy