It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johntodd: OK, I looked for about 30 minutes and found nothing. The reason why I did it only for 30 minutes is because we may be asking too much for others to scout for hours for a WBC rather than simply join in the Anomaly.

Am I missing the point of this?
Non-multiplayer types can reach GOG space by using a Portal and visiting the published location of a WBC. As long as everyone plays nicely and "deletes" the WBC after they teleport to it then the Portal address plus the WBC latitude/longitude coordinates serve as a reasonably easy way to access GOG space from anywhere in Euclid.

Once a WBC has been located then it can be used over and over by mutiple players if everyone remembers to delete it. Only the "scout" has to spend time finding it.
dashiichi: [...]
If you have a planet / system in mind, I'll give it a try.
[...]
I have one on Klotho in [GoG/6A] Moiria. I deleted my old base there (which was a placeholder more or less) and moved my base on a near hill. Or maybe on Uranos or Kronos? We could also try to find more than one location. The system isn't very crowded. The planets are nice. And it's in beetween the upper systems GoG-87 O.L / GoG-83 and the bottom systems like 93-Dumas (in Aipetly Void region)

In the same system we started that Megalopolis-Project which isn't very megalopolislike yet... (on Atropos) Maybe we could attract more people to join this project this way, too?

https://goodoldgalaxy.fandom.com/wiki/GOG-6A_Moirai

What do you think?
Post edited July 07, 2020 by rostfreyh
[snip]

Sounds great! Want me to relocate the Reception Hall to the portal area? Which planet?
Johntodd: [snip]

Sounds great! Want me to relocate the Reception Hall to the portal area? Which planet?
Ah yes, the portal area... Well, maybe on Klotho? We can add more WBC coordinates (on other planets?) later on, too.

Here are the coordinates for the WBC near my base: +4.36; -172,49. It's in within sight of my Dino Park base. I've plans in my mind to add some 'stone head monument' in the mountainside. Nob has a base next door, too.

Great mountains making the planet a nice place for base building (only the colour of the seas isn't that pretty...)

When we've the portal base and some coordinates of WBCs we can add a list of them to that "How to reach GoGinized space' thread as additional possibility for D.I.Y. people and lone wolves. (We had such a thread some time ago, didn't we?)
Here is the thread mentioned above:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/how_to_get_to_gog_civilized_space

I'll get to work soon on moving the base. Thanks!
OK, I have built a new reception hall on Klotho.

Come and see!
WOW! I was taught a new technique for finding EM hotspots. Check this out:

Use Survey Tool to look for EM hotspots. If there are none there, then proceed with this:

1. Put on headphones.
2. Adjust volume to a comfortable level.
3. Rotate around until the "ringing" sound from the ST is equal in both ears. That is, equal, and not biased to one ear or the other.
4. You are now facing in the exact direction of a hotspot in the distance. Proceed in that direction.
5. Periodically stop and check the sound again, making sure you keep it balanced, and to scan again for the hotspot.

I have never failed to find an EM hotspot within 1000-1100u from where I started.

Hope this helps!
-John
Post edited July 16, 2020 by Johntodd
Hey! That works pretty well. Thanks!

Pro tip: Speakers work too but turning them up loud enough will wake the Blessed Cat. ;-)
dashiichi: Hey! That works pretty well. Thanks!

Pro tip: Speakers work too but turning them up loud enough will wake the Blessed Cat. ;-)
You're welcome!

Oh Lawdy! As we say over here: "Don't wake the baby!"
If anyone is interested, here are the coords to buy the multitool with the new FLAMETHROWER module installed!

(see attached screenshot)

Buy it at the Space Station.

(Euclid)
Attachments:
456.jpg (100 Kb)
Post edited July 19, 2020 by Johntodd
dashiichi: Hey! That works pretty well. Thanks!

Johntodd: You're welcome!

Oh Lawdy! As we say over here: "Don't wake the baby!"
(( listening quietly ... while learning idioms ))

LOL

And many thanks for the practical advice, John!

Dang, that's the 4th week in a row that I'd been Alt-F4-ing a WE-mission out of utter boredom. I'm loosing my touch! (.. provided I'd ever had had any...)
Johntodd: Here is the thread mentioned above:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/how_to_get_to_gog_civilized_space

I'll get to work soon on moving the base. Thanks!
I updated this. Did I explain it proper? I never tried it myself... :))
[snip]

I think it's a dandy write-up!
If anyone is interested, here are the glyphs (Euclid) for a vendor selling a whole bunch of S-Class Multi-Tool upgrades!

(see attached picture)
Attachments:
456.jpg (75 Kb)
Let's all welcome our new member PoetKingTN !!!

He's a friend of a friend I went to High School with.

He is currently building his first GoG Civilized Space base on Iraksh, which is in GoG-83.

Just over the hill from mine and Nob's bases.

Hi PoetKingTN !!!

(He plays on Steam so he might not want to make a GoG account just to post here.)
Post edited August 05, 2020 by Johntodd