It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Nob2266: Hello all GOG-friends and nms-players:

NMS is the best game ever - I want to give many positv energy here in this forum too.

We are all galactic explorers, have built so many bases with different style and - sometime - secret rooms :D ..

So, we are a wonderful family of players - don't be angry about some differents, thats normal in a family ;) - let us play together with friendship, respect and looking forward for further updates from Hello Games. I'm sure. they are all proud of our GOG-NMS-Civilized space!

Many greetings!
Nob2266
Thank you. --'-,-'-<3
Hey Goginizers,

working on touristification of my 'The Ark' base a megalomaniac plan arised in my mind: We really need a intergalactic signpost pointing to Goginized Space!

Is it right that black holes always are linked to a fixed star system? We should try to find out which one is leading to our black hole system and create a tourist information system there! And some lobby system in Biratsun ((?) our black hole system).

I don't have the slightest idea how to find this system... Sounds insane enough for me to try. Who's in? :)
rostfreyh: Hey Goginizers,

working on touristification of my 'The Ark' base a megalomaniac plan arised in my mind: We really need a intergalactic signpost pointing to Goginized Space!

Is it right that black holes always are linked to a fixed star system? We should try to find out which one is leading to our black hole system and create a tourist information system there! And some lobby system in Biratsun ((?) our black hole system).

I don't have the slightest idea how to find this system... Sounds insane enough for me to try. Who's in? :)
If I get you right, we could at the same time take part in this project:
https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Blackhole_Destinations
Jentuncegs: If I get you right, we could at the same time take part in this project:
I don't know this. Looks promising but a bit smallish ... @ dashiichi mentioned Black Hole Suns Project on his way to us. I didn't figure out how to use this database. But looks promising, too.

Black_Hole_Suns
I think it's a great idea!

I can go build a base in the Biratsun(?) system, with msg pods, etc.
Johntodd: I think it's a great idea!

Wait! There has been a mistake on my side! Black holes don't lead to black hole systems. It's not sure if any black hole is linked with any GoG system anyways...

So for now we neither have the starting point nor the destination system... :)
Johntodd: I think it's a great idea!

rostfreyh: Wait! There has been a mistake on my side! Black holes don't lead to black hole systems. It's not sure if any black hole is linked with any GoG system anyways...

So for now we neither have the starting point nor the destination system... :)
Well, rats.

Because I came back to report that I've built a really nice reception base on Pihygessa Gamma, in the Beratsun system, the one with the black hole.

Anywho, feel free to visit it using the glyphs in the attached screenshot.

Thanks!
-John
Attachments:
Jentuncegs: If I get you right, we could at the same time take part in this project:
rostfreyh: I don't know this. Looks promising but a bit smallish ... @ dashiichi mentioned Black Hole Suns Project on his way to us. I didn't figure out how to use this database. But looks promising, too.

Black_Hole_Suns
I tried uploading my chain of systems there once upon a time but never did get it to "take." Possibly a permissions issue or maybe PEBCAK related.

However, inspired by posts by someone whom I assume is our own TerriblePurpose over on Reddit, I've been having fun searching out Wild Base Computers lately. They can be a right useful means of galactic travel, providing all users follow the protocol of "deleting" the WBC once they've established a teleport link. I may hop over to GoG space and see what I can find.
I've also made a base that encompassed a monument. I made it into a rock concert with flashing lights!

It's right next to the Reception Hall.
dashiichi: I tried uploading my chain of systems there once upon a time but never did get it to "take." Possibly a permissions issue or maybe PEBCAK related.

However, inspired by posts by someone whom I assume is our own TerriblePurpose over on Reddit, I've been having fun searching out Wild Base Computers lately. They can be a right useful means of galactic travel, providing all users follow the protocol of "deleting" the WBC once they've established a teleport link. I may hop over to GoG space and see what I can find.
I see. I think we have to wait a few billion years for someone jumping by accident into GoG space then... :)

What's going on with those 'wild base computers'? (You're talking about BCs placed by the game, right?) I found one in my backyard at my base on Klotho in GoG-6A.
dashiichi: I tried uploading my chain of systems there once upon a time but never did get it to "take." Possibly a permissions issue or maybe PEBCAK related.

rostfreyh: I see. I think we have to wait a few billion years for someone jumping by accident into GoG space then... :)

What's going on with those 'wild base computers'? (You're talking about BCs placed by the game, right?) I found one in my backyard at my base on Klotho in GoG-6A.
Using a Portal plus a WBC is a way for GOGers (GOGites? GOGizans?) to get to GOG space without needing to spend days to make the trip one warp at a time.

If you Portal travel to a distant system then "Portal interference" prevents you from warping out from there, from using the Station teleporter, and from base building. So under normal circumstances if you "portal in" to a system you can look around and interact with what you find but the only way out is to return through the Portal by which you arrived.

However, one thing you are allowed to do is to claim a Wild Base Computer (WBC). Once claimed, the WBC will appear as a destination on your teleport list. So after leaving the system (returning through the Portal) you can use the Anomaly teleporter to return and, once arrived, there is no Portal interference. You can build a base, teleport, and warp as desired.

Important! Immediately after teleporting to the WBC from the Anomaly you should "delete" that base. Doing so frees the base for someone else to use; the WBC will respawn.

I've been traveling down the chain of Galaxies using Portals plus WBCs. No too far yet, only up to Muhacksonto (galaxy 16).

A general procedure is (1) Use a Portal to travel to the target system. (2) Locate a WBC. (3) Claim the WBC. (4) Return through the Portal. (5) Summon the Anomaly. (6) Use the Anomaly teleporter to travel to the newly claimed base. (7) Delete the base. (8) And now you're free to build a new base with a teleporter and to warp onwards -- through to the next galaxy if you're close enough to the center.

Finding a WBC can be hard (by design, I'm sure). It will be in the center of a round, flat, and empty piece of ground. Fly low and slow in 3rd person view and watch for circular flat spots. A WBC can also be found using the Cartographer's Planetary Charts for inhabited outposts. It shows up as a Habitable Base. Using the Planetary Charts can be faster than a pure visual search; dozens of Chart icons may need to be expended to locate a WBC though.

Thanks to TerriblePurpose for the inspiration to give WBC hunting a try!

Almost forgot to add (imagine facepalm) The WBC on Portokali in the GOG-87 system is at +13.27 -070.56. Portokali itself is at Portal address 4187 04FF 4FFE.
Attachments:
easy_wbc.jpg (202 Kb)
Post edited July 04, 2020 by dashiichi
dashiichi: [...]

A general procedure is (1) Use a Portal to travel to the target system. (2) Locate a WBC. (3) Claim the WBC. (4) Return through the Portal. (5) Summon the Anomaly. (6) Use the Anomaly teleporter to travel to the newly claimed base. (7) Delete the base. (8) And now you're free to build a new base with a teleporter and to warp onwards -- through to the next galaxy if you're close enough to the center.

[...]

Almost forgot to add (imagine facepalm) The WBC on Portokali in the GOG-87 system is at +13.27 -070.56. Portokali itself is at Portal address 4187 04FF 4FFE.
Thank you! I see, that's in fact another possibility for reaching GoG space by one's own efforts (not taking the shortcut via multiplayer). Maybe we could find such a location on some planet with less bases and install a lobby for arrivals? Maybe our ambassador - overpaid appointment anyway - could spread the word? In... errr ... wherever ambassadors are blowing tax money! ;P

Is anything more known about WBCs? Is there one on every planet/in every system...?

But I've still that black hole which leads to GoG space in my brain, too. I'll take another look at those databases of Black Hole Suns...
[snip]

I'll try locating WBCs fora while and see if I can perfect the method.
dashiichi: [...]

[...]

rostfreyh: Thank you! I see, that's in fact another possibility for reaching GoG space by one's own efforts (not taking the shortcut via multiplayer). Maybe we could find such a location on some planet with less bases and install a lobby for arrivals? Maybe our ambassador - overpaid appointment anyway - could spread the word? In... errr ... wherever ambassadors are blowing tax money! ;P

Is anything more known about WBCs? Is there one on every planet/in every system...?

But I've still that black hole which leads to GoG space in my brain, too. I'll take another look at those databases of Black Hole Suns...
If you have a planet / system in mind, I'll give it a try.

As I understand it, there are multiple WBCs on every planet. There may be exceptions for some uncharted or abandoned systems. I suspect, though, that there could be roughly as many WBCs as there are Trading Posts or Monoliths.
OK, I looked for about 30 minutes and found nothing. The reason why I did it only for 30 minutes is because we may be asking too much for others to scout for hours for a WBC rather than simply join in the Anomaly.

Am I missing the point of this?