It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rostfreyh: Wait! WAIT! Stop this naming vote!! S.A.G. archeologists found evidence while digging for... well.. digging for something!

There are ruins on Mousqueton with a very old graffito which proves that G.O.G. is older than gog.com! (see attached file)

So gog.com has to rename its business! ;-)
Johntodd: Funny, but I dont get the joke.
We from G.A.S. (GOG Archeological Society) have always warned against taking "evidence" as published by S.A.G. (Society of Archeologists in GOG-Space) at face value. Their "findings" tend to be far too convenient for their discoverers's purposes. Not without reason these anomalists from S.A.G. are suspected to fabricate their "evidence" as they go: for example, I would like to see the time stamp of that base.
Hah! Try and wiggle out of that!
Jentuncegs: We from G.A.S. (GOG Archeological Society) have always warned against taking "evidence" as published by S.A.G. (Society of Archeologists in GOG-Space) at face value. Their "findings" tend to be far too convenient for their discoverers's purposes. Not without reason these anomalists from S.A.G. are suspected to fabricate their "evidence" as they go: for example, I would like to see the time stamp of that base.
Hah! Try and wiggle out of that!
Pshaw! G.A.S. ... That's this 'scientific society' even without an own -> wiki article ? See the entry of highly esteemed S.A.G. to recognize that asking for a timestamp only shows the cluelessness of those G.A.S.-'scientists'!

If this isn't proof enough visit the S.A.G. dig site on Athos in GoG/93 Dumas again. You'll see the results of real trustworthy scientific hard work of the last weeks!

:D
Post edited June 14, 2020 by rostfreyh
rostfreyh: Wait! WAIT! Stop this naming vote!! S.A.G. archeologists found evidence while digging for... well.. digging for something!

There are ruins on Mousqueton with a very old graffito which proves that G.O.G. is older than gog.com! (see attached file)

So gog.com has to rename its business! ;-)
Johntodd: Funny, but I dont get the joke.
Okay, John isn't in the mood for nonsense ;)

If you like to rename the whole 'civilisation' just try it. But we would have to leave 90% behind. You can't rename all the goginized space. And most of the citizens are barely active. It would be a restart with a handful of people.

Beside of this I don't think that very much (active) people from other platforms would like to join a hub which has his 'network' in gog.com forum... It's more likely that people from here join galactic hub projects or anything else. Most people came to us because we were the only ones they could see...

As for myself: I've put all my construction up to the limit in bases in goginized space. I prefer adding details and discovering the unknown remain here and there in goginized space to starting over again.

If you only want to change the meaning of 'G.o.G.' that's a difficult attempt - because we never defined one :)
Yeah, I agree. Let's leave the name as it is.

Friend Code:

K92D-CGE9-HZ10P
Post edited June 14, 2020 by Johntodd
Everyone;

We have a new settler in GoG Space!

Everybody say hi to Troy Rice!

IDK if he'll join Gog to post a reply or not, so I'll relay msgs if you want.
Jentuncegs: I tried and thought hard about an recursive acronym like "GNU" (GNU's Not Unix) ... and failed.
I say, we stay with G.O.G., standing exactly for ... whatever.
But that is as simple as Gamers of GoG :)
It's as you say: too simple ... ** facepalm **
:DD
@mayuro
Post edited June 15, 2020 by Jentuncegs
GoG Space Represent!

We should take a sojourn to New Lennon and build great bases there to show them how it's done!

I shall build a euro-style cathedral with flying buttresses! Or flying butt rests, as the case may be.!
Johntodd: We should take a sojourn to New Lennon and build great bases there to show them how it's done!
Apparently I missed something: New Lennon - where is it?
EDIT: Alright, I have it. Didn't cross my mind that there might be googleable planets in NMS, yet there are! o_O
Post edited June 16, 2020 by Jentuncegs
Johntodd: We should take a sojourn to New Lennon and build great bases there to show them how it's done!
Jentuncegs: Apparently I missed something: New Lennon - where is it?
EDIT: Alright, I have it. Didn't cross my mind that there might be googleable planets in NMS, yet there are! o_O
[url=https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/New_Lennon_(PS4]https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/New_Lennon_(PS4[/url])
Everyone in GOG Civilized Space is welcome to use the Atlas Citizen Science Devision Forum.

https://forums.atlas-65.com/

We could cmmunicate with all platforms there.
Find how to add, and it's not really user friendly, since cannot copy-paste. But everyone has a controller icon, is there no steam or GOG icon?
Melokhy: Find how to add, and it's not really user friendly, since cannot copy-paste. But everyone has a controller icon, is there no steam or GOG icon?
I had to write mine down in a notebook. Then I typed it into a text file and saved it to my desktop so it's handy for when I need it.

And yes, I have to type in other people's codes manually into NMS.
This is offtopic, but i just wanted to chime in and share something really amusing: our good friend Johntodd here, who supposedly has a Theology Degree, claims that Catholics are not Christians! :D

He's dead serious too, and thinks all who find this claim to be wrong should just "agree to disagree" with him, as its a "minor matter of belief anyway"!

Of course i have backed-up our conversations, in case anyone would doubt this is true.

I think such hilarious statements should be shared for everyone's amusement, but also to warn you about his credibility :D
As of the last update I can not connect to the matchmaking service. I no longer see anyone in the Nexus. I reported this issue to HG and GOG.