It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rostfreyh: That would be a new ... feature... ;) One base per planet and user was no problem so far. 300u near our bases?! That's strange. Be aware that building so near to other bases caused problems in former times. That's why we normaly leave 1000u between the bases.
It is strange and it behaves different on both planets.
On Klothos I could build a BC at 300u distance, claim the site and build into your existing base. No worries, I removed my base again after taking some screenshots, so it should not cause any issues.

On Atropos I cannot claim a base anywhere within 1200u of your base. THe BC can be build but it tells me that the area has been previously claimed by someone else.
I build my base as a rather distant addition to the village and tried to establish a road connection. But building is disabled if I am closer than 425u to the existing bases. It is possible to build parts a bit closer a foreign base, but only if standing outside the 425u perimeter and doing some distant placement.
Attachments:
Post edited January 05, 2020 by notanotherone
I think the servers are slow to update our individual sessions.
notanotherone: It is strange and it behaves different on both planets.
On Klothos I could build a BC at 300u distance, claim the site and build into your existing base. No worries, I removed my base again after taking some screenshots, so it should not cause any issues.

On Atropos I cannot claim a base anywhere within 1200u of your base. THe BC can be build but it tells me that the area has been previously claimed by someone else.
I build my base as a rather distant addition to the village and tried to establish a road connection. But building is disabled if I am closer than 425u to the existing bases. It is possible to build parts a bit closer a foreign base, but only if standing outside the 425u perimeter and doing some distant placement.
This is the inquiring mind we nead for such a project :)

The different behaviour is really strange... so it doesn't count the distance to the BC but to the outer base parts?! Because on Klotho it is a very small base. On Atropos there are those long roads. I deleted two arms of my crossroads. Would be interesting to know if bases could be claimed on this side nearer.

Is building disabled because you're nearer than 425 to my base or is this by chance the distance of 300u from your BC?

I ran already in construction limit by parts... okay, I was quite wasteful. But building in more than two directions to other players bases could be hard if you want to fill the place in between with something.
rostfreyh: Is building disabled because you're nearer than 425 to my base or is this by chance the distance of 300u from your BC?
Thanks for the hint. 426u from your base is also 1000u from my own base. That is probably the more logical implementation: You are only allowed to build within 1000u around your BC (execption: exocraft and aquatic parts).
Then there seem to be additional limits where to claim your base. In some locations it may be possible to build bases into each other but not everywhere. Or that is a bug.

And the build limit applies to the player position. It is possible to place parts within your players reach - I would assume another ~200u outside the 1000u limit.
I tried to connect the roads, but that did not work well from remote. I guess that is possible from your base.

Another limit I have not read about before: The short-range teleporter seems to be limited to ~150u direct connection.
Cities will still need exocraft instead of teleporter technology :)
Attachments:
Post edited January 05, 2020 by notanotherone
rostfreyh: Is building disabled because you're nearer than 425 to my base or is this by chance the distance of 300u from your BC?
notanotherone: Thanks for the hint. 426u from your base is also 1000u from my own base. That is probably the more logical implementation: You are only allowed to build within 1000u around your BC (execption: exocraft and aquatic parts).
Then there seem to be additional limits where to claim your base. In some locations it may be possible to build bases into each other but not everywhere. Or that is a bug.

And the build limit applies to the player position. It is possible to place parts within your players reach - I would assume another ~200u outside the 1000u limit.
I tried to connect the roads, but that did not work well from remote. I guess that is possible from your base.

Another limit I have not read about before: The short-range teleporter seems to be limited to ~150u direct connection.
Cities will still need exocraft instead of teleporter technology :)
You're able to build 1000u from your BC? I thought it would be limited to 300u - I think I'm really not up to date anymore :)

There is a trick with the teleporters: you are able to glitch two SRT in one place (select battery and toggle to SRT while clicking). You can connect longer distances this way. I did this on my base on Proxima in GoG-87. It works fine most of the time. And you won't even notice that you pass more 'waypoints'.
If Alpha Polaris isn't far enough, then I present to you:

Iousongola, the 255th and LAST galaxy in the game!

I used the save editor to put myself there, and I have established a base on a very nice planet. The base is approx. 5K LY from the core.

I intend to go through the core someday and come back to Euclid, fix my broken ship, and carry on.

(Meanwhile ... I will be in Euclid with you good folks in GoG Space!)

MSG me or join me in-game, and I'll get you to the last galaxy! Claim a base! Scan stuff! It's all good!

-John

EDIT:
PS I've been looking around the planet and the vallys and caves are INCREDIBLE! I put a beacon down at a nice spot, will put a few more down as I find more interesting places.

EDIT AGAIN:

I've decided not to put down more beacons, because incredible formations are all over this planet! No need for beacons, just drive around for 1 minute and you'll see some neat stuff!
Post edited January 08, 2020 by Johntodd
I'd like to ask, beg, or nominate these two new places as "satellites" of GoG Space.

Alpha Polaris could be our refuge, from war, disease, famine, etc.

My castle-base (called Castle Anthrax) in Iousongola (the 255th galaxy) could be the farthest, most remote, research outpost and defense platform in the entire game!

I'd love to take you guys there for tours, etc.
-John
Johntodd: I'd like to ask, beg, or nominate these two new places as "satellites" of GoG Space.

My castle-base (called Castle Anthrax) in Iousongola (the 255th galaxy) could be the farthest, most remote, research outpost and defense platform in the entire game!

-John
I think we shouldn't claim a system that's already part of another civilised space community. Alpha Polaris is denoted as capital region of the 'Forgotten Colonies'.
Johntodd: I'd like to ask, beg, or nominate these two new places as "satellites" of GoG Space.

-John
rostfreyh: I think we shouldn't claim a system that's already part of another civilised space community. Alpha Polaris is denoted as capital region of the 'Forgotten Colonies'.
About Alpha Polaris:
They have abandoned it, from what I can tell. Everything was found 2 years ago, and there is only one base in the whole system. Even that base is just a Tporter and power and msg pod built at a minor settlement.

So they got there 2 years ago and haven't done anything with it. I call squatter's rights!

About Castle Anthrax:
It's in the 255th galaxy, near the core. Definitely no one there at all!
Post edited January 10, 2020 by Johntodd
Here are some new observations regarding overlapping bases:

I deleted the overlapping parts to John's base and after this I saw all three bases of John, Notanotherone and Nob.
When I linked my parts again with the bases of Notanotherone and John next time I started the game I only could see Nob's base.

It looks like the game can't handle overlapping parts very good...
Rats. :(
Johntodd: Rats. :(
Rats? Isn't this how all good computer adventures start?
- -
At long last: Weekend! And a long one, too, like this: ^_______^
Johntodd: Rats. :(
Jentuncegs: Rats? Isn't this how all good computer adventures start?
- -
At long last: Weekend! And a long one, too, like this: ^_______^
LOL!
I finally made it back to GogVille. I can still see Rost's base.

I can also see Not's base, but not Nob's base.

Got Not, not Nob. Is that clear? :)

Are we still working on the GogVille project? If so, I'll go ahead and flesh out my base and make it real purty and all.
Post edited January 16, 2020 by Johntodd
Johntodd: I finally made it back to GogVille. I can still see Rost's base.

I can also see Not's base, but not Nob's base.

Got Not, not Nob. Is that clear? :)

Are we still working on the GogVille project? If so, I'll go ahead and flesh out my base and make it real purty and all.
I'm still working on my district. I built some houses so far and a small gas station.

You will have to leave a small gap between the 'roads' to see both near bases. It's just a half tile from my base to Notanotherone's base which makes the difference. It's small enough you can pass it with an exocraft.