It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

Johntodd: Two things:

1. Let's have a vote on the new "Main" playground*. This would be the one we send new recruits to.

2. Somebody find me a big beautiful cave and I will build the cave base of our dreams!

* Don't worry about hurting anybody's feelings. We're all friends here.
1. 93 Dumas
2. 93 Dumas, Moon Grimaud, +4.05, -138.68, A-class power hotspot. :D
Are there any more votes for new playground? And how is this voting organised?
rostfreyh: how is this voting organised?
Easy: It's John who asked, and when he thinks enough time has passedt, he'll update his posting. ;)
All canditates are worthy. I chose 93 Dumas because it doesn't constantly hurt my eyes.
rostfreyh: Are there any more votes for new playground? And how is this voting organised?
For what it's worth, I think 197 Cetricogro Onos (very close to Dumas, just slightly above and left from Dumas when you open your galaxy map) is a great candidate.

Only 4 planets, but one, Cetricogro Onos itself, is an INCREDIBLE paradise planet with turquoise water, yellow skies, and most notably purple grass. Great lakes, meadows, mountain areas, incredibly beautiful and diverse.

Another of the 4 planets, Itchu VI, is a perpetually stormy desertic planet, but with amazing rock formations everywhere, that makes for stunnning atmospheric builds like mines, factories, or the likes.

I think Duval and Nob can back me up for this one :)
Post edited October 30, 2019 by aliarrr
OK, now I'm torn!

I was originally going to vote for 93 Dumas, but 197 Cetricogro Onos has lots of promise.

So I vote for both. I know I can't but I just did. :)

We'll get it worked out somehow. Arm wrestling? Maybe guitar head-chopping?

-John

If anyone is interested ...

Here's from the meeting today!

(see attached screenshot)
Attachments:
456.jpg (277 Kb)
Post edited October 30, 2019 by Johntodd
I've just found three more great candidates (technically the systems were already explored but I made first contact on the planets).

I'll post the coordinates and a detailed description of those, accompanied with pictures, later on this evening.

All three systems are neighbours themsleves and also all close (less than 70 LY for the further away) from 87.

So technicallyyyyyyy we could settle in all of them anyway since they're just really close to each other.

One of them is so pretty I think I would rate it even above Cetricogro Onos and its purple grass.

EDIT: gathering a few screenshots for the systems to present it the best I can here.
OK, I'm officially voting for 83. Just been poking around out there and its a great system with a lot to offer for all.

That's my vote.

Your thoughts?
-John
aliarrr: For what it's worth, I think 197 Cetricogro Onos (very close to Dumas, just slightly above and left from Dumas when you open your galaxy map) is a great candidate.

Only 4 planets, but one, Cetricogro Onos itself, is an INCREDIBLE paradise planet with turquoise water, yellow skies, and most notably purple grass. Great lakes, meadows, mountain areas, incredibly beautiful and diverse.

(..)

I think Duval and Nob can back me up for this one :)
Yes absolutely - on the paradise planet of 197 I have built my "holiday base" - a wonderful lake to relax a litte bit :)

I think, it is useful to have more systems around for building bases, only one common new system will have in a very short time the same problems of capacity as GOG 87. So it is more varied for every player to jump off and on in this oder an other beautiful system in the immediate vicinity.

I will gladly look at all proposals and also build bases there :)
Johntodd: OK, I'm officially voting for 83. Just been poking around out there and its a great system with a lot to offer for all.

That's my vote.

Your thoughts?
-John
Which one is this? I can't find it in the posts here.
Okay here it comes (I'll try to be as objective as possible with the pros and cons) :

----------------CANDIDATE ONE: GOG 93 (Dumas)

Pros :

-already colonized with several bases and players implanted, the most built out of the 5 by far
-Grimaud is one of the most interesting frost moons I've seen, with a great view of Athos (Porthos?) the planet it orbits around, and great cubical rock formations, good and pretty relatively small caves, lighted blue.
-Aramis is a very pretty temperate planet, yellow grass, blue-greenish water and oceans, floating rocks.
-Athos has a very nice desertic surface, kind of flat, really cool looking. Not terrible in terms of temperatures and storms on top of that.
-5 planets

Cons:

- very subjective opinion, but I think Aramis is not the best paradise planet of that list of 5 systems, and it's the only hospitable planet in 93, even though it storms sometimes.
- Grimaud is pretty, but blue everywhere gets a bit boring after a time (again, subjective), and its cold as hell
- other 2 planets (hot and radioactive) kind of bland
- the furthest away of the 5 systems from our capital 87 (150ish AFAIK)

------------------CANDIDATE TWO: GOG 197 (Cetricogro Onos)

Pros:

-two planets (Cetricorno and Itchu VI) already host very fleshed out builds, by Rost, Nob, and myself (If I recall correctly -also I'm pretty sure John and Duval were interested to build on Cetricogro too)
-Cetricorno is an incredible purple paradise, turquoise water, yellow skies, no storms ever, no sentinels, just a treat alltogether. the best paradise in those 5 systems with Qamar'Azraq in 9D in my opinion
-Itchu VI is the most interesting Desert planet I've ever seen, with great shorelines, interesting rock formations everywhere, constant wind and storms blowing, with cactus everywhere, it really does a good job at putting some kind of Far West atmosphre you see in spaghetti westerns and it goes REALLY WELL with industrial theme builds like mines, plants, etc
-70ish lights years away from 87

Cons:

-only 4 planets, so it could get kinda cramped up I guess?
-other 2 unmentioned planets are bland (unremarkable frost moon and cable exotic planet), that makes a total of only 2 desirable planets, but they're both incredible in their own way

-------------------CANDIDATE THREE: GOG DD T2 Gek System

Pros:

-Caerulean Red is a great looking paradise planet. Red grass, turquoise water, perfect blue skies, densely packed forests, and the planet has rings. no sentinels, no predators, but occasional storms.
-Peakengail, interesting desertic one, with lovely critters, very moutaineous. lots of elongated caves, but not very large.
-6 planets
-Spirulean P5 is a good frost planet, with good scenery.
-60-70ish LY away from 87

Cons:

-untouched system yet, nobody built anything yet
-ugliest planet I've ever seen: the radioactive one. it's so ugly I needed eye bleach after finally taking off. it's mesmerizingly ugly. its that ugly that it might even fall into the pros category.
-other 2 are uninteresting, a meh frost moon and another dead moon.

------------------CANDIDATE FOUR: GOD 9D T3 Vykeen system

Pros:

-this one is mainly for Qamar'Azrat alone. zero sentinels, zero storms, incredible blue paradise moon with patches of silver grass, with a spectacular view of the red planet above (check the screenshots)
-rich Vy'keen system (if that matters)
-60 ish LY away from 87
-exotic light glitches moon (I think those are relatively rare, kinda pretty, and the light glitches are a staple for a lot of builds, so being able to harvest those is nice)
-third planet is an extremely hot planet (extreme weather), very high mountains, very deep oceans, storm crystals everywhere (farming those is easy on this one) but temperate goes as high as 300°C

Cons:

-also an untouched system
-only 4 planets
-Qamar'Azrat is incredibly beautiful but very small, cannot welcome a huge amount of bases
-fourth planet is dead and bland

-------------------CANDIDATE FIVE: GOG 83 T2 Gek system

Pros:

-Iraksh is a green paradise, with very natural blue skies and water, lakes, oceans, great looking flora, and on top of that, INCREDIBLE CANYONS with HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE CAVES (and the number of U's is actually an understatment.)
-Junoy, another paradise on that system (the only one on the list having two). yellow-orange ish grass and vegetation, orange water, pink skies, really alien looking and a great contrast to Iraksh. for what i've seen, no sentinel presence, zero storms, deep lakes, slightly mountaineous
-Mobianno, simply a 10/10 frost planet, the best looking one I've seen, looks like Greenland or North Pole, with warm colors (which is really rare and a treat on frost worlds), very believable topography, really lovely.
-5 planets
-50ish LY away from 87 so the closest of them all

Cons:

-another for now untouched system (not true anymore, three people implanted already on Iraksh and Junoy)
-not everyone will like how orange Junoy is and how Earth-like Iraksh is
-two other planets uninteresting (radioactive and dead)

ADDITIONAL INFORMATION

Candidates 3, 4 and 5 are all neighbours to each other (immediate vicinity, 9D being between 83 and DD).

Here is a imgur link to an album of some pictures for every mentioned planet here: https://imgur.com/a/XobdxgV

additional pictures here (couldnt update the first album) : https://imgur.com/a/LitqC90

Of course I'd suggest two things to anyone interested about that post: checking the systems and the planets mentioned for themselves, and of course, adding their own suggestions here.

I think 5 candidates is a good start though.
@aliarr, thanks for this!
rostfreyh: Which one is this? I can't find it in the posts here.
It's very close to home.

In the galactic map, bring [GOG-87] O.L. and, at the same time, the center of the galaxy, to the center of your screen.

Move the camera carefully such that the distance to the center is about 5,100ly (exact value depends on your screen ratio).

Keep an eye to the right edge of the screen: You are looking for two close yellow suns to appear, Ibetsuga VIII, and Saokaiwa I. [GOG-83] Saokaiwa, that's the one people are talking about.

Back then, I didn't put it into the list of candidates because it doesn't have a desert planet, what was mandatory at the time. It's still a really good candidate.
Post edited October 31, 2019 by Jentuncegs
Sorry guys I was out of the loop. Busy time for me with all kinds of works and personal issues, but I figure I will be playing more again soon. I see things got along just fine without me.
Jentuncegs: [...]

Keep an eye to the right edge of the screen: You are looking for two close yellow suns to appear, Ibetsuga VIII, and Saokaiwa I. [GOG-83] Saokaiwa, that's the one people are talking about.

Back then, I didn't put it into the list of candidates because it doesn't have a desert planet, what was mandatory at the time. It's still a really good candidate.
Thanks! I found it later on (in my discovries list... oops...). But because of the missing desert planet it's not my first choice.

@ Aliarrr: Thank you very much for this overview! I would have added more cons here and there but everyone should look at the systems oneself anyway. For me: None of the mentionend systems has the diversity of Dumas 93, so I stay with my previous vote so far.

@ Faust3_D: Hey, welcome back! :)
Wow! So many wonderful options.

This vote is just to tell where new recruits where to settle. Let's just pick one and be happy.