It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I visited [GOG-4D] Skjalam today. There are 5 Planets + one moon.

Sub-zero (frost), abondoned (cactus), charred (solanium, high sentinel activity), supercritical (gamma roots), mechanical (high sentinel activity) and one bountiful moon (star bulb).

It's near [GoG-87] in the neighbour region 'Aipetly Void' (where we are near the border). I chatted a bit with our neighbours (see attachement) and they said it would be okay if we'd move in.

07FD:0082:07F3:014D (note the 0082 regional (?) code part, instead of 0083 in the GOG-87-code)

Didn't take a closer look at the planets but I like the diversity of planets and that it is just a short way to GoG-87. The inhabitants are nice, too :)

Edit: added 5th planet...
Attachments:
Post edited October 24, 2019 by rostfreyh
rostfreyh: I visited [GOG-4D] Skjalam today. There are 5 Planets + one moon.
That's a fun one. Only downside was the rather flat bountiful moon.
So, rost, Duval and I found this magic carpet on dashiichis base ...
Attachments:
Jentuncegs: Colony candidate:
(4)
System Name: [GOG-93] Dumas
Original System Name: Avuuvsa XIV

Base name for teleport: [GoG/93 Dumas Aramis] The Ruin
Address: 07fd:0082:07f3:0193
(See attachment for portal code.)
I will stay in the Anomaly. Just teleport to that base

Throughout the system, sentinel presence is neglegible.

Aramis, paradise planet: yellow-ish surface, the sea is actually seagreen (!)
There's already a small base w/ LP and a Nomad underneath.

Athos, cold desert: breathtaking landscape - vulcanos, craters

Grimaud, icy moon: KSJ liked this one, nice caves

Porthos, hot desert: populated cave systems (red and dusty), the occasional lake

Mousqueton, radiated moon: quite tame (6rad 12 tox). cave systems (red and dusty)
This one is very cool!

There is a poll installed on an old commodore 64 in a locked basement on a not yet discovered planet in Alpha Centauri system. Please add your votes! ;P
Jentuncegs: Colony candidate:
(4)
System Name: [GOG-93] Dumas
Original System Name: Avuuvsa XIV

Base name for teleport: [GoG/93 Dumas Aramis] The Ruin
Address: 07fd:0082:07f3:0193
rostfreyh: This one is very cool!

There is a poll installed on an old commodore 64 in a locked basement on a not yet discovered planet in Alpha Centauri system. Please add your votes! ;P
(Could do this on a Sinclair ZX 81 - but that system is more than 4 lightyears away.)

I vote for [GOG-93] Dumas.

(What a shame I've ruined the planet name for Aramis. Uploading system, base, and planet in one go was a bit too much for me. Pressing Enter and the very same second, cursing ....)
Before anyone is going to demolish his bases in GoG-87 or some other crazy stuff ... I'd like to repeat that there is no need to leave GoG-87 or something like that. It's just meant to be a additional playground for all the base-building addicts who prefer having people around them while doing whatever!

Everybody may add bases wherever one wants. Also in GoG-87. I will only mention the new playground in the opening thread in this post as an alternative starting point when we made a decision.
Two things:

1. Let's have a vote on the new "Main" playground*. This would be the one we send new recruits to.

2. Somebody find me a big beautiful cave and I will build the cave base of our dreams!

* Don't worry about hurting anybody's feelings. We're all friends here.
I just thought I'd drop in to say hi to the 'GOGers'.

I've only recently been introduced to the GOG-87 playground, and I'm having a blast exploring the amazing bases - quite inspirational - and nice to see some familiar names in the forum!

Cheers,
H

PS

I've only just seen "--> Please don't build closer than 1000u to any other base. "... ...whoops..... :-/
Post edited October 26, 2019 by henry1491
Johntodd: Two things:

1. Let's have a vote on the new "Main" playground*. This would be the one we send new recruits to.

2. Somebody find me a big beautiful cave and I will build the cave base of our dreams!

* Don't worry about hurting anybody's feelings. We're all friends here.
1. I vote for [GOG-93] Dumas (Address: 07fd:0082:07f3:0193). But I'd really prefer to see it as additional playground and leaving it up to each one where one wants to settle. I think especially new settlers should be welcomed in GoG-87 for now because it is a great system!

2. You'll have to be quick with this quest. Nob is filling all caves of the galaxy in incredible speed ;))
Post edited October 26, 2019 by rostfreyh
henry1491: I just thought I'd drop in to say hi to the 'GOGers'.

I've only recently been introduced to the GOG-87 playground, and I'm having a blast exploring the amazing bases - quite inspirational - and nice to see some familiar names in the forum!

Cheers,
H

PS

I've only just seen "--> Please don't build closer than 1000u to any other base. "... ...whoops..... :-/
Welcome to goginized space, Henry! :)

I didn't see a base in the radius of 1000u from yours (although I can only see one of ksj's bases when he isn't online... one of those?). He loves the risk and is quite relaxed concerning weird game mechanics... So I think you're able to become good neighbours nontheless. :)
ksj8ak2: [...]

Things I need
[...]
- A logo would be nice. But since we left Faust completely out in the cold with that, I doubt we'll have one in the near future.
[...]
Here's a proposal for a logo! See attached file.
Attachments:

Things I need
[...]
- A logo would be nice. But since we left Faust completely out in the cold with that, I doubt we'll have one in the near future.
[...]
rostfreyh: Here's a proposal for a logo! See attached file.
Love the logo!

Things I need
[...]
[...]
rostfreyh: Here's a proposal for a logo! See attached file.
great choice for a logo!
I've been rebuilding my main base at the edge of galaxy, because I like where it is (on a mega radioactive planet with water, at a location with unlimited power/uranium/oxygen, beside my other base for radon->nitrogen->sulphurine). I got tired of bumping into things and climbing ladders, so now New Vertiform City is a huge place made mostly with cuboid rooms! Planet address is 2242013FD5C8 and the base is located at -54, +162, if you feel like visiting.

With that sorted out, I'll check out these places you guys are talking about and cast my vote.

Ps. Love the logo!
Attachments:
Post edited October 26, 2019 by Tatwi
rostfreyh: Welcome to goginized space, Henry! :)

I didn't see a base in the radius of 1000u from yours (although I can only see one of ksj's bases when he isn't online... one of those?). He loves the risk and is quite relaxed concerning weird game mechanics... So I think you're able to become good neighbours nontheless. :)
Thanks for the welcome.

I'm happy to disassemble and set up elsewhere if my base causes problems!

I just found a system with three water worlds - one very hot, one very very cold and one quite temperate (in between superheated storms). I'll dig out the address and post it here later.