It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I reall like, how Jent turned these ruins into an archaeological site -- there's a lot of very creative asset use I really enjoy. And it makes the site feel like the archeologists just left for lunch :))

Great work.
Attachments:
Post edited October 11, 2019 by ksj8ak2
ksj8ak2: I reall like, how Jent turned these ruins into an archaeological site -- there's a lot of very creative asset use I really enjoy. And it makes the site feel like the archeologists just left for lunch :))

Great work.
Wooot! The Gogus Archeological Society (G.A.S.) is in the news!
Currently, staff includes a Lead Scientist (my Korvax scientist from the main quest line), a Chef (that's me, I excel in Abyssal Stew, to be washed down with Firewater), but most other relevant positions are still vacant.

I had hoped (though not expected) that the Lead Scientist would be visible to other players as well, but, alas, I fear you will have to assume that he's just busy elsewhere ...
Post edited October 12, 2019 by Jentuncegs
The S.A.G. (Society of Astronomical Goginization) sends best regards! Well, we prefer to look up - not down. But yes, it's also some kind of science, isn't it? (... with the passing mention that it's at about 6 o'clock on Gogus Prime).
I'm pleased to forward congratulations and best wishes for your future ventures from the A.G.S. (Association of Goginized Spaces).
Here's a couple of snapshots of the inside of the Monastery. I have a long way to go, but this is looking good so far!
Attachments:
1.jpg (79 Kb)
2.jpg (80 Kb)
Johntodd: Here's a couple of snapshots of the inside of the Monastery. I have a long way to go, but this is looking good so far!
I visited again today. It's even greater now! Having one style in the different parts of the building makes a wonderful atmosphere.
Johntodd: Here's a couple of snapshots of the inside of the Monastery. I have a long way to go, but this is looking good so far!
rostfreyh: I visited again today. It's even greater now! Having one style in the different parts of the building makes a wonderful atmosphere.
Thanks!
Hey Rost, we found your bathroom!

LOL!
Attachments:
pooping.jpg (40 Kb)
Post edited October 14, 2019 by Johntodd
Johntodd: Hey Rost, we found your bathroom!

LOL!
Sorry my alignment was off, but I've cleaned the seat.
@ Johntodd & Duval79: Those guys with the diving helmets are full of mischcief ... ! ;)

But yes, you're right - it's one of the best places at the new base. :) Thank you, John, for sharing this nice little idea with us. Doesn't it give a little shack this habitable touch?

@ All: Please help to catalogue places of interest in Goginized Space in Traveler's Guide to [GoG]inized Space (T.G.S.) !
The system is getting so crowded that it starts to get hard to keep overview. In this thread mentioned places of interest are drowned out by other messages too fast. Review yours or bases from others with some basic information. Also updates of bases could be mentioned there, too. It's hard to stay up to date with ... did anybody count the bases recently ... 25 bases now - only in GoG-87?

It's a good moment to thank you all for coming to this place and sharing all this awesome stuff, too! It's great additional fun to the game. Let's keep it running! :)
Post edited October 14, 2019 by rostfreyh
535K LY more to go. I admit, it's a lot more boring to "jump, jump, jump" than I thought, but I look it at as a right of passage (pun intended), because I have yet to make it to the core on any save. The most distance I have gotten out of a black hole was 6k, which just 3 normal jumps, so given that nothing ever breaks on normal jumps and I can do 50 jumps per tank, it's probably just easier to jump until my eyes bleed. :)

I haven't decided what I am going to build once I get to GOG space, but I will be moving in when I get there.
Tatwi: 535K LY more to go. I admit, it's a lot more boring to "jump, jump, jump" than I thought, but I look it at as a right of passage (pun intended), because I have yet to make it to the core on any save. The most distance I have gotten out of a black hole was 6k, which just 3 normal jumps, so given that nothing ever breaks on normal jumps and I can do 50 jumps per tank, it's probably just easier to jump until my eyes bleed. :)

I haven't decided what I am going to build once I get to GOG space, but I will be moving in when I get there.
Hey, that's a stone's throw with the proper motivation! (I think I've been on my way more than 8 weeks in that time...) And I'd recommend to build a base. ;)

@ All: Thank you for adding reviews to T.G.S.! But shouldn't the base owner be mentioned since this is the only reference point seen from space? Or would everyone prefer to only review their own bases? In this case I'd immediately stop making photos... :)
I made it this morning. It took a few hours, but turns out travelling is a lot more effective when you're not stopping every five minutes.

I landed on the cactus planet, because I kinda like those planets. I also like the winter ones, but I guess we don't have one in this system. Ah well, I have no idea what to build at this point anyway, but I'm here! :)
Attachments:
core_3.jpg (399 Kb)
rostfreyh: ... shouldn't the base owner be mentioned since this is the only reference point seen from space? ...
Good point. Doing so.
(My post was a shameless ad rather than a review.)
Tatwi: I made it this morning. It took a few hours, but turns out travelling is a lot more effective when you're not stopping every five minutes.

I landed on the cactus planet, because I kinda like those planets. I also like the winter ones, but I guess we don't have one in this system. Ah well, I have no idea what to build at this point anyway, but I'm here! :)
YAY! Welcome home!

Feel free to build on all the planets if you like.