It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

rostfreyh: Scientific breakthrough on Gogus Prime! A cooperation of astronomers and mystics invented this modern device (see attachment) to forecast dusk and dawn on the planet! Will this be the beginning of a new era?
You built something actually useful ? How dare you ! BURN THE HERETIC !

... and then let me have a closer look, since I actually quite like, what I see.

Congrats, that really is a very nice oce :)

Opens up all sorts of research possibilites :D
Post edited October 09, 2019 by ksj8ak2
ksj8ak2: I have to admit, that I (again) mixed up Gamepedia and Fandom (aka wikia). Sheesh :((

They're quite similar, the most notable difference from an outside view being, that Gamepedia requires a Twitch account. That's a no-go for me, since it's none of Twitchs business, if we run a wiki.
Tatwi: I did not know that about Gamepedia. I also won't be using Twitch/Amazon. I do use GitHub and Wordpress.com, so I don't have a problem updating documentation, etc. on those platforms. I also don't have a problem using Fandom, though I don't have an account there.

What kind of content will the page have? I'm down for creating some stuff. This is me,

https://semi-nerdly.ca/
https://github.com/Tatwi/

if you want some reference for the kind of content I like to make, as a hobby.

Anyway, I'm down for taking part in a relaxed capacty.
Thank you, much appreciated :)

I think we should structure the wiki along the lines of our rather casual activities using the games' terminology, and refer readers as much as possible to the existing wiki on Gamepedia for more detailed explanations.

Unlike my preferred way of approaching things, this time I want the crowd to select the pets name, before we go into more detail about baiting and taming.
Jentuncegs: The Gogus Archeological Society (G.A.S.) has been founded, and an excavation site is being constructed as we speak. (Base name "G.A.S. Proxima Site I")
. . .
My scientist has already agreed working there - in fact was very happy to quit their former unsatisfying position.
. . .
If anyone wants to object -- I have no problem at all to bulldoze over the whole thing. Don't yet know what to do with it anyway. :D
Johntodd: It sounds great to me!

OK, the Inaugural Pavilion seems to have met with approval.

We need to set a date and time to inaugurate KS as our new Supreme Overlord of BBQ and Whiskey.

I know Starlord will want to be there, he built the Gog Hotel. And let's notify everybody else who has a base anywhere in Gogspace.

The inauguration will take place at the Town Hall, down in the Pavilion. But we need a date and time, being careful to understand the time zone differences around the world.
Well, let's just get drunk over a ton of steaks, burn the clowns costume most probably coming with the title, and then come up with some good names for the wiki ;)

Spent your base a visit now in 2.13. I had to reload, since I clipped through terrain and only halve of your base was visible, but after that things worked flawlessly. Like how you used the cabling for decoration. I think we need a powered sphere generator right over the altarpiece in the middle, to be able to ritually crush heretics, though.

@rost,

it would seem, that John not only indicates, that planets aren't flat, but also, that they rotate. You still have those pitchforks ? I'll check for torches.
ksj8ak2: [...] Well, let's just get drunk over a ton of steaks, burn the clowns costume most probably coming with the title, and then come up with some good names for the wiki ;)

Spent your base a visit now in 2.13. I had to reload, since I clipped through terrain and only halve of your base was visible, but after that things worked flawlessly. Like how you used the cabling for decoration. I think we need a powered sphere generator right over the altarpiece in the middle, to be able to ritually crush heretics, though.

@rost,

it would seem, that John not only indicates, that planets aren't flat, but also, that they rotate. You still have those pitchforks ? I'll check for torches.
Burning clowns will probably call in the Blue Helmets, but hey, you'll know how to make this job...

I like the variant 'No Man's Sky GOG Space Wiki - GOGSpace(.fandom.com)' although the monks in my monastery found some old writings that prove that the right spelling is 'GoG' (they somehow got lost again) ;)

The sundial in my front garden works perfect day and night. That should be proof enough for planets beeing flat! Thanks for your congratulations to this project. It was hard work to put the idea into practice. Especially because I didn't realise the time shown in photo mode before taking the finishing screenshot from it... :))
OK, I created a new thread welcoming new recruits, and containing coords and glyphs to get to Gogus Prime.

I suggest we direct all new inquiries to that thread, and keep this thread for travelers already settled in the system.

Here it is:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/how_to_get_to_gog_civilized_space

Your thoughts?
-John
Johntodd: OK, I created a new thread welcoming new recruits, and containing coords and glyphs to get to Gogus Prime.

I suggest we direct all new inquiries to that thread, and keep this thread for travelers already settled in the system.

Here it is:

https://www.gog.com/forum/no_mans_sky/how_to_get_to_gog_civilized_space

Your thoughts?
-John
Great. You maybe could add the other possibilities to travel? Joining Multiplayer / Using Terminus?
Maybe that one rule with 1000u could be mentioned to prevent disappointment... Respectivly you could link the first post of this thread.
rostfreyh: Great. You maybe could add the other possibilities to travel? Joining Multiplayer / Using Terminus?
Maybe that one rule with 1000u could be mentioned to prevent disappointment... Respectivly you could link the first post of this thread.
OK, done. Please review.

When you guys approve of that thread, I think I'll start dropping it on Facebook and NMS social.

The rest of you can take it to other platforms, since I don't have accounts or even know what half of them are anymore. :(
Post edited October 09, 2019 by Johntodd
At first, I throught that your text might be a mild case of TL:DR, but reading through it changed my mind -- I like it, since it carries all information required for interested players to reach us, all the wile not hand holding people through the process.

I'd maybe drop 'elite' -- kind of sounds like we'd know it all, and only want the most experienced players around. Which certainly isn't the case :)
Also, might I suggest, that we prefix our base names with [GoG] or [GoG-<OurStarSystemNumber>] ? That'll make things a lot easier for people to find our bases in the Anomaly.

The lower case 'o' will also help distinguish between bases and station termini in the teleport list.

As usually, that's completely optional, of course :)
Post edited October 09, 2019 by ksj8ak2
OK, changed 'elite' to 'awesome'. Because you are!

I agree with prefixing base names with [GoG]. It would make it stand out in the list.

Just remember to tell everybody to come to [Gog] Base name.

Thanks!
-John
Post edited October 09, 2019 by Johntodd
Welcome, dashiichi! Found your nice little island today. Portokali is a very good choice! :)
Attachments:
southseas.jpg (353 Kb)
Oh, great -- welcome indeed, dashiichi :)
Attachments:
rostfreyh: Welcome, dashiichi! Found your nice little island today. Portokali is a very good choice! :)
Yes, a little island getaway to mark the South Pole. ;-)

166 systems (half warps, half black hole trips) to get to within 4K of the core and then a few more poking around the neighborhood.

Next task is organizing the info for the Black Hole database!
ksj8ak2: Oh, great -- welcome indeed, dashiichi :)
Yep, now you've got the cranky old guy moving in and there goes the neighborhood. ;-)
Post edited October 10, 2019 by dashiichi
Now that ksj8ak2 sabotaged the multiplayer only to avoid his ceremonial initiation, I think we have to celebrate him everyone on its own as a start.

We've got such a modest ambessador. Please show him with screenshots of your party that we appreciate his work!

By the way - has anyone got the number of Gogus Prime fire brigade?
Attachments:
Hi. Found a wunderful underwater landscape in a system nearby, seething with fishes, and seabirds over it. I'd rather not have tourists disturbing this paradise, and therefore won't tell anybody where it is, no-no! The name of the base guarding over it is:

"[ GoG/AF ] The Bench Under The Tree"
. . . .
So, the code at the beginning means that the system name is
[ GOG-AF ] - xxx
and the planet address is
07FD:0083:07F3:01AF
That's a nice scheme you guys have worked out. Just 9 characters extra, and all said.
. . . .

EDIT: Oh, as I see, there should be square brackets around the planet code, too. Makes sense. I changed that in the example.
Attachments:
Post edited October 10, 2019 by Jentuncegs