It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

If we register a new domain it will require speeding money. I already have a domain / hosting that I use, so word press is easy to just add. I am not interested in restringing any new domains etc.

If you want we can use this: http://faust3d.com/GOG/ - I just set it up so there is nothing there.

If not I am cool with this as well.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Faust_3D
ksj8ak2: https://galacticatlas.nomanssky.com/about

Registering with gamepedia is as easy as just creating an account with them. The rules of engagement for 'new civilizations' are noted here: https://nomanssky.gamepedia.com/Civilized_space

A SPOC (aka 'ambassador' ... lol) is required for both, and in the case of the nomanssky gamepedia subdomain maintenance to prevent deletion.

I'd suggest creating our own Gamepedia subdomain to use as information dump. From my experience as contributor, people are quick with adding new pages, slow with maintaining them and even slower with adopting templates / style guidelines. So we better keep it simple.

I'd like to note, that I am not interested in any of this 'official' (ambassador) kaboodle.

Lastly, I suggest the only 'rule' for people wanting to drop base be: 'Please don't build closer than 1000u to any other base'. And a few hints like 'Need something ? Just ask.', and 'We seek Galactic domination, therefore please name Star Systems you discover around GOG-87 like so:'

The last paragraph is a good example for what could go in the wiki. Next to no one will read it, but if people ask in-game, we'll have a place to point them to, instead of floodnig the chat.
I agree with all of this post and I haven't anything to add other than an observation that it's better to use services like gamepedia than to self-host, simply due to people moving on eventually and everyone else losing the results of their hard work.
Gamepedia sounds good to me. I don't really like the format, but you guys are welcome to take a sub at it, no free time now. I will try to make a cool logo, one of these day.
Faust_3D: Gamepedia sounds good to me. I don't really like the format, but you guys are welcome to take a sub at it, no free time now. I will try to make a cool logo, one of these day.
The format is entirely up to us. That's a nice feat, but also a burden, since someone (aehem) needs to come up with some layout and structuring, ideally resulting in some CSS.

I'll see, if I can steal something for starters, if we agree on trying Gamepedia.

Edit: Yeah, right. Forgot the more important part: Thank you for working on a logo. I really s*ck at this, I think, and am quite glad someone else has a go at this.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by ksj8ak2
ksj8ak2: [...] I'd like to note, that I am not interested in any of this 'official' (ambassador) kaboodle.
Thanks for your application! You should have the job. Johntodd, please decorate the town hall - we have to swear him in with a big ceremonial act!

ksj8ak2: [...] Lastly, I suggest the only 'rule' for people wanting to drop base be: 'Please don't build closer than 1000u to any other base'. [...]
Man... too bad, hard to break any rules then in our new civilization. What about aircraft grounding in nighttimes? Ban on kiddnapping Gek? Thou shalt not asterisk your speech? If stealing eggs is allowed it isn't fun any more! ;-)

Gamepedia looks fine for me. All communities there have the same style, don't they? If none of you really has fun with creating a logo I could also ask my wife. She has design skills and software for such stuff.
ksj8ak2: [...] I'd like to note, that I am not interested in any of this 'official' (ambassador) kaboodle.
rostfreyh: Thanks for your application! You should have the job. Johntodd, please decorate the town hall - we have to swear him in with a big ceremonial act!

ksj8ak2: [...] Lastly, I suggest the only 'rule' for people wanting to drop base be: 'Please don't build closer than 1000u to any other base'. [...]
rostfreyh: Man... too bad, hard to break any rules then in our new civilization. What about aircraft grounding in nighttimes? Ban on kiddnapping Gek? Thou shalt not asterisk your speech? If stealing eggs is allowed it isn't fun any more! ;-)

Gamepedia looks fine for me. All communities there have the same style, don't they? If none of you really has fun with creating a logo I could also ask my wife. She has design skills and software for such stuff.
I take the job. I pulled jokes on HG, the game and its bugs, and I wasn't all up in tears over finally being allowed to sit on sofas. At least some of them. That's a scandal. I will take full responsibility, and hereby resign.

Now that that's out of the way, how about we come up with some actually useful rules, like: If more than three people intentionally gather around a feeder, while two others nearby try to converse using the chat, we'll call that professional trolling, for which we will hand down being drowned in front of Faust beach club, thrown off CyberNeks cliffside, hanged at frosts jumptower and serving as targets suspended above the clubhause of Johns racetrack ?

I'm willing to discuss the exact order, but I want the two idiots trying to chat near a busy feeder to learn their lesson.

I have to admit, that I (again) mixed up Gamepedia and Fandom (aka wikia). Sheesh :((

They're quite similar, the most notable difference from an outside view being, that Gamepedia requires a Twitch account. That's a no-go for me, since it's none of Twitchs business, if we run a wiki.

We can chose our own way with the wiki, including CSS, scripts and whatnot, if we want to. We can start out with some boilerplate, and as long as we have some structure in our documents (e.g. categories to file pages to, what needs to go in pages of which category, etc), we'll be ready for whatever stylesheet we may come up with.

A few examples, using different styles:

Here's a link to the rather outdated No Man's Sky Wiki on fandom: https://nomanssky.fandom.com/wiki/No_Man's_Sky_Wiki

Here's one of my favorite Wikis on fandom, the Fallout: New Vegas Wiki:
https://fallout.fandom.com/wiki/Fallout_Wiki

And the No Man's Sky Modding Wiki:
https://nmsmodding.fandom.com/wiki/No_Man's_Sky_Modding_Wiki

What do we want to name our wiki to be, and what should the subdomain name be ?

No Man's Sky GOG Civilization Wiki - GOGCiv(.fandom.com) ?
No Man's Sky GOG Space Wiki - GOGSpace(.fandom.com) ?

Suggestions ?
Post edited October 08, 2019 by ksj8ak2
My concern is "what do we say in the chat box at the Anomaly"?

It's gotta be something simple that we and other players and recruits can remember.

Perhaps something like this:

Come and settle in Gog Civilized Space!
Look us up on Gamepedia dot com!

Would that be doable?

PS I'll get right on those decorations!
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Johntodd
Now after ksj8ak2 found this stone tablets somewhere in the mountains near his bases I updated the first post of this thread with some commandments.
OK, I have built the "Inaugural Pavilion" at the Town Hall. Hopefully it has uploaded by now.

The Pavilion is down the wooden stairs of the veranda. Come check it out!

Here is a screenshot:
Attachments:
The Gogus Archeological Society (G.A.S.) has been founded, and an excavation site is being constructed as we speak. (Base name "G.A.S. Proxima Site I")
. . .
My scientist has already agreed working there - in fact was very happy to quit their former unsatisfying position.
. . .
If anyone wants to object -- I have no problem at all to bulldoze over the whole thing. Don't yet know what to do with it anyway. :D
Jentuncegs: The Gogus Archeological Society (G.A.S.) has been founded, and an excavation site is being constructed as we speak. (Base name "G.A.S. Proxima Site I")
. . .
My scientist has already agreed working there - in fact was very happy to quit their former unsatisfying position.
. . .
If anyone wants to object -- I have no problem at all to bulldoze over the whole thing. Don't yet know what to do with it anyway. :D
It sounds great to me!

OK, the Inaugural Pavilion seems to have met with approval.

We need to set a date and time to inaugurate KS as our new Supreme Overlord of BBQ and Whiskey.

I know Starlord will want to be there, he built the Gog Hotel. And let's notify everybody else who has a base anywhere in Gogspace.

The inauguration will take place at the Town Hall, down in the Pavilion. But we need a date and time, being careful to understand the time zone differences around the world.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Johntodd
ksj8ak2: I have to admit, that I (again) mixed up Gamepedia and Fandom (aka wikia). Sheesh :((

They're quite similar, the most notable difference from an outside view being, that Gamepedia requires a Twitch account. That's a no-go for me, since it's none of Twitchs business, if we run a wiki.
I did not know that about Gamepedia. I also won't be using Twitch/Amazon. I do use GitHub and Wordpress.com, so I don't have a problem updating documentation, etc. on those platforms. I also don't have a problem using Fandom, though I don't have an account there.

What kind of content will the page have? I'm down for creating some stuff. This is me,

https://semi-nerdly.ca/
https://github.com/Tatwi/

if you want some reference for the kind of content I like to make, as a hobby.

Anyway, I'm down for taking part in a relaxed capacty.
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Tatwi
Johntodd: NEW PLAYERS: (and old ones too!)

OK, as promised in-game:

http://nms.swebsol.co.uk/

That page is FANTASTIC or letting you look up all the refiner possibilities.

Want to know how to make ferrite dust? Ask it!

Want to know what you can make with ferrite dust? Ask it!

I just learned you can make Ion Batteries in the large refiner!

That page has really helped me a lot during my journey.

Hope it helps you!
-John
__ BUMP __ ;)

What a find. Did you know that you can make Pyrite out of Cactus Flesh and a pinch of Salt? It's just like magic!
The most recent update is for v1.77, so the data is correct (I think) but incomplete. The author seemed dedicated enough so far, therefore, if only he knew about Beyond, he still might do another update ...
Post edited October 08, 2019 by Jentuncegs
Scientific breakthrough on Gogus Prime! A cooperation of astronomers and mystics invented this modern device (see attachment) to forecast dusk and dawn on the planet! Will this be the beginning of a new era?
Attachments:
rostfreyh: Scientific breakthrough on Gogus Prime! A cooperation of astronomers and mystics invented this modern device (see attachment) to forecast dusk and dawn on the planet! Will this be the beginning of a new era?
You did it! Congratulations!