It seems that you're using an outdated browser. Some things may not work as they should (or don't work at all).
We suggest you upgrade newer and better browser like: Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Opera

I have a 1440p Monitor and the game only offers me 1080p and 4k resolutions.
For a game this big i find it odd that this very common screen size (and all other screen sizes one might have) do not seem to be available.
Is this a bug? Does the GOG version just have this very weird wuirk? is there another way to use my screens full fidelity without rendering at 4k, which would be over 2x native resolution, and then scaling down?
No posts in this topic were marked as the solution yet. If you can help, add your reply
Please let us know if you find a solution.
Some posts on steam and reddit suggested ediiting the render.cfg, but that didn't work.
What game, SoM or SoW? In SoM I can select 2560x1440. The ini file in this case would be settings.cfg and not render.cfg.
Shabdez: What game, SoM or SoW? In SoM I can select 2560x1440. The ini file in this case would be settings.cfg and not render.cfg.
Shadow of War
within Windows or your GPUS Control panel its showing your resolution as being set to 1440p? what monitor do you have? or is it possible you are incorrect in your understanding of how the resolution is being displayed?
Gehirnspaghetti: I have a 1440p Monitor and the game only offers me 1080p and 4k resolutions.
For a game this big i find it odd that this very common screen size (and all other screen sizes one might have) do not seem to be available.
Is this a bug? Does the GOG version just have this very weird wuirk? is there another way to use my screens full fidelity without rendering at 4k, which would be over 2x native resolution, and then scaling down?
having the same issue nothing useful anywhere, multiple re-installs, turned off DSR factor, only displays 1080 and 4k as options.
DigitalIP: within Windows or your GPUS Control panel its showing your resolution as being set to 1440p? what monitor do you have? or is it possible you are incorrect in your understanding of how the resolution is being displayed?
Both are showing 1440p (even the game seems to realise this as it displays what scaling 1080p and 4k would be behind the options of said resolutions).
The Monitor is an acer XV272UP. Graphics card is the RTX 2070 (non-super).
Gehirnspaghetti: I have a 1440p Monitor and the game only offers me 1080p and 4k resolutions.
xSartori: having the same issue nothing useful anywhere, multiple re-installs, turned off DSR factor, only displays 1080 and 4k as options.
What graphics card and monitor are you using? Is it high refreshrate? Mine is 144Hz, maybe the game has a problem with that?
Post edited October 11, 2022 by Gehirnspaghetti
DigitalIP: within Windows or your GPUS Control panel its showing your resolution as being set to 1440p? what monitor do you have? or is it possible you are incorrect in your understanding of how the resolution is being displayed?
Gehirnspaghetti: Both are showing 1440p (even the game seems to realise this as it displays what scaling 1080p and 4k would be behind the options of said resolutions).
The Monitor is an acer XV272UP. Graphics card is the RTX 2070 (non-super).
xSartori: having the same issue nothing useful anywhere, multiple re-installs, turned off DSR factor, only displays 1080 and 4k as options.
Gehirnspaghetti: What graphics card and monitor are you using? Is it high refreshrate? Mine is 144Hz, maybe the game has a problem with that?
I am having the exact same issue, 1440p resolution not available, only have this issue with this game.
Screen is a BenQ XL2730, GPU is RX 5700XT, so we know it is not related to NVIDIA nor AMD drivers.
Okay how about another question:

Is there anyone who has SoW on GOG and can select 1440p?
Did any of those people get the game through the recent Twitch Prime giveaway?
Same here, got my copy from Prime and even though my native resolution is 2560x1440 it doesn't show up & not visible among the resolutions in game. Tried to use render.cfg didn't help, tried to alter these settings from GFE didn't help, switching between full screen & borderless didn't help. Not even DSR seemed to help.
1080p & 4k is all there is.

It's almost like this game were ment for TV and not Pc's.

Edit - Workaround.
Installed it now from Steam instead & the game picked up my 1440 resolution right away.
As for the time being until things gets resolved here perhaps Steam may be of help.
Post edited November 01, 2022 by Tlktk
Tlktk: Same here, got my copy from Prime and even though my native resolution is 2560x1440 it doesn't show up & not visible among the resolutions in game. Tried to use render.cfg didn't help, tried to alter these settings from GFE didn't help, switching between full screen & borderless didn't help. Not even DSR seemed to help.

Edit - Workaround.
Installed it now from Steam instead & the game picked up my 1440 resolution right away.
As for the time being until things gets resolved here perhaps Steam may be of help.
your workaround is to buy another copy from steam?
Tlktk: Same here, got my copy from Prime and even though my native resolution is 2560x1440 it doesn't show up & not visible among the resolutions in game. Tried to use render.cfg didn't help, tried to alter these settings from GFE didn't help, switching between full screen & borderless didn't help. Not even DSR seemed to help.

Edit - Workaround.
xSartori: your workaround is to buy another copy from steam?
I'm afraid so, yes.
That's the only solution that worked in my win10 so far.

Maybe I should add also, that I tried to install the High resolution pack here from GoG before I uninstalled the game. But it did not add any resolutions to the list.

The photo proof are from Steam.
Attachments:
So there really does seem to be a difference between the GOG Version and the Steam version...
I thought the High rez pack was pre-installed?
This is just unbelievably lazy by GoG; tot take a game that worked fine at 1440p in the original version and make it unusable in the gog version. I'm seeing more and more inferior/screwed up versions of games that worked way better on steam or disk version. Might be time to forget about gog.
charlemagne1980: This is just unbelievably lazy by GoG; tot take a game that worked fine at 1440p in the original version and make it unusable in the gog version. I'm seeing more and more inferior/screwed up versions of games that worked way better on steam or disk version. Might be time to forget about gog.
Agreed, contacted gog support and was told its the developers fault and to send them a screen shot of the steam version with the 1440p option and a screenshot of the gog version options. glad i didn't pay for it and got it through prime gaming.